Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are never gonna believe this.

A few hours ago, I met Mr. Katsuhiro Otomo.

I attended a talk he was doing in Tokyo about French comic books. It was a really small venue. After the talk, the audience could ask questions, so I asked him something about Moebius.

When the talk was over I noticed a bunch of hardcore fans waiting at the elevator. The event said no pictures and no autographs but they were gonna try anyway.

He came out of the elevator surrounded by his "handlers." The geeks ran after him and so did I. I didn't get a pic or an autograph, but for a few seconds I said "thank you thank you" over and over and shook his hand. And then he was gone.

I feel kinda stupid for being such a spaz, but this is something I've dreamed about for years. I wish I had been able to have a real conversation, but this is still an experience I'm so grateful to have had. I got to shake Otomo's hand and say "thank you" for all his work over the years. I still can't believe it!

You lucky sod!!! Love to meet Otomo, hehe ❤️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You guys are never gonna believe this.

A few hours ago, I met Mr. Katsuhiro Otomo.

I attended a talk he was doing in Tokyo about French comic books. It was a really small venue. After the talk, the audience could ask questions, so I asked him something about Moebius.

When the talk was over I noticed a bunch of hardcore fans waiting at the elevator. The event said no pictures and no autographs but they were gonna try anyway.

He came out of the elevator surrounded by his "handlers." The geeks ran after him and so did I. I didn't get a pic or an autograph, but for a few seconds I said "thank you thank you" over and over and shook his hand. And then he was gone.

I feel kinda stupid for being such a spaz, but this is something I've dreamed about for years. I wish I had been able to have a real conversation, but this is still an experience I'm so grateful to have had. I got to shake Otomo's hand and say "thank you" for all his work over the years. I still can't believe it!

that's awesome bro. at least you got to meet him in person.

VOLKS custom.:)

https://dainipponkoubou.com/web/?page_id=552

731252e6db257c8fd2e4e2b79499bd41.jpg

Found this on google images a little while ago, I just need to look it up again to find out who did it XD

Akira has been my favourite film for 25 years and I've been collecting production art from the film for 15 years or so.

This is one of my favourite pieces. It's an original oversize key master setup from the flashback scene during the film's climax. It consists of five cels and two backgrounds and is much larger than standard animation art. It was once part of the Macek (Founder of Streamline Pictures/Manga Entertainment) collection.

2014-03-22 09.41.36.jpg

Is anyone selling Kaneda for reasonable price?. After looking around on ebay I lost faith in ever owning this figure... Those prices are crazy

Akira has been my favourite film for 25 years and I've been collecting production art from the film for 15 years or so.

This is one of my favourite pieces. It's an original oversize key master setup from the flashback scene during the film's climax. It consists of five cels and two backgrounds and is much larger than standard animation art. It was once part of the Macek (Founder of Streamline Pictures/Manga Entertainment) collection.

View attachment 302948

That is so awesome!! I got hooked on it since I watched the anime back in 1995, got a lot of cool merch on it!
These are my cel and douga collections, not many at the mo, but still going to treasure them :D
8c4024ccd547105c6451bae7ce26f4a8.jpg

b2155c8fd4ac18b5ee75aa8fd393c219.jpg

Anyone else think it'd be awesome if mezco did kaneda and bike in their one:12 line? I've sent them a message with the idea. The medicom versions are my babies but it'd be fun to have a little version to play with

Anyone else think it'd be awesome if mezco did kaneda and bike in their one:12 line? I've sent them a message with the idea. The medicom versions are my babies but it'd be fun to have a little version to play with

Unf, if those were the same quality as their Dredd and Lawmaster I'd be all over that. My holy grail is a high-quality line of 6" Akira figures, I'm amazed Figma, Tamashii/Figuarts, Sentinel, etc have never jumped on it.

I feel the same way plastic Bateman, if you're on Facebook (I'm not) maybe mention it to mezco. I've told them through ig. Man a little kaneda with cloth outfit and his bike .... I know they can do it based on dredd

I've always felt the Bandai Soul of Poynica is a perfect little bike. It's just the lame fixed pose figure that was no good. A fully poseable figure in scale with the already existing bike from 2004 and I'd be good to go.

But why not scale it up ever so slightly to true 1:12 scale and make a really great figure to go along with it? I've said it many times, I'd prefer that to the 1:6 easily.

Everyone claims that AKIRA is a really expensive license to acquire, but where does that information come from? Sounds like something someone assumed along the way that became internet "fact" after being repeated a bunch of times.

Thats a very nice cel Home Theatre Geek. The Dougas are pretty cool as well, especially the one of Kaneda. There have been a few interesting pieces on eBay as of late, if you're interested in adding to your collection. A very nice oversize one of Tetsuo in a hospital gown enveloped in smoke just got snapped up. There's also a guy on rubberslug that seems to be selling a lot of very nice pieces at the moment.

You can see more of my collection at subject-28.tumblr.com

Attachments

• tumblr_ok44086nHo1u59bv3o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ok44086nHo1u59bv3o2_1280.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 93
I just bookmarked it to go back and look at later...looks awesome!

Also, anyone see any of the garage kits people are showing at Wonderfest today?

I met a guy a few weeks ago that will be there....his Akira and Otomo related scratchbuilt sculpts are amazing. Better than most of the professional stuff that's produced. You gotta see this stuff....I'll find some links.

Back