Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received this bike....awesome...definitely worth the price of admission. I was happily surprised to find out that all the first release came with the extra stickers and cowling.....nice...

I'm going to skip the figures though....

This by far is one of the best items I've added to my collection this year. The bike alone is incredible and mind blowing! :rock:rock

Here's a small sample of photos I took this past weekend of this 1/6th marvel.

Kaneda_Close-up-sml.jpg

Kaneda_Bike_Photo1-sml.jpg

Kaneda_Bike_Photo_3-sml.jpg

Kaneda_Bike_Photo_2-sml.jpg

Just curious. How many of your are not posing Kaneda on the bike? Sometimes I think I should keep him on and other times I think it'll look better without.

Just curious. How many of your are not posing Kaneda on the bike? Sometimes I think I should keep him on and other times I think it'll look better without.

I'm posing Kaneda next to the bike. Only posing him on the bike for photography.

Yeah I display Kaneda standing next to the bike. I worry about the durability of his clothes so I'd rather not leave him in a sitting position that would stretch his pants for an extended period of time.

Yeah I display Kaneda standing next to the bike. I worry about the durability of his clothes so I'd rather not leave him in a sitting position that would stretch his pants for an extended period of time.

Same deal with me.

Hopefully this won't be DX Bats all over again.

Oh it's definitely not. My DX02 was an oily mess right out of the box.
My Kaneda and bike have nothing broken or wrong out of the box. I am always cautious with how I pose figures. I don't really have to do it, it's just something I do with everything I consider art. A conscious respect for the medium itself. I don't anticipate any problems with this set over time.

Last edited:
had a friend come into town.. he like my collection.. but when I showed him this.. he said "NOW THAT is just plain awesome!"

Oh it's definitely not. My DX02 was an oily mess right out of the box.
My Kaneda and bike have nothing broken or wrong out of the box. I am always cautious with how I pose figures. I don't really have to do it, it's just something I do with everything I consider art. A conscious respect for the medium itself. I don't anticipate any problems with this set over time.

Haha that's true. I'm a little worried about peeling over time with the vinyl clothes, but I'll worry about it if it happens.

Cool, like him?

Most certainly do, even if I have to admit that my main motivation for buying Kaneda was to make the set complete. I ordered the bike with Kaneda, not Kaneda with bike. :)
It's a fine figure, good quality. The cloths are well made, the body is sturdy, nice tight joints, ... . The neck is a bit long, and the shade of brown Medicom chose to use for the boots & gloves isn't exactly my fav, but that's me. Still, the figure could have used a more contrasting color scheme, it's a bit dull the way it is. It sure was a shock to see with how many accessories this figure comes - mainly extra hands though. The extra head with the goggles is a blessing, as the look of original head is not really flattering Kaneda... . Yes it's a nice figure, really makes sense to have when you also own the bike. But, I can't shake the feeling that at Medicom's SRP it's way overpriced. If I wouldn't have found it for less, I wouldn't have bought it.

Looking forward to Tetsuo!

Last edited:
Most certainly do, even if I have to admit that my main motivation for buying Kaneda was to make the set complete. I ordered the bike with Kaneda, not Kaneda with bike. :)
It's a fine figure, good quality. The cloths are well made, the body is sturdy, nice tight joints, ... . The neck is a bit long, and the shade of brown Medicom chose to use for the boots & gloves isn't exactly my fav, but that's me. Still, the figure could have used a more contrasting color scheme, it's a bit dull the way it is. It sure was a shock to see with how many accessories this figure comes - mainly extra hands though. The extra head with the goggles is a blessing, as the look of original head is not really flattering Kaneda... . Yes it's a nice figure, really makes sense to have when you also own the bike. But, I can't shake the feeling that at Medicom's SRP it's way overpriced. If I wouldn't have found it for less, I wouldn't have bought it.

Looking forward to Tetsuo!

Like you, I got the bike and then Kaneda to complete the set. It's a pretty nice figure, but yes it was kinda hard to digest paying the over priced MSRP for Kaneda. But man, they look great together on the shelf.

Back