Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone managed to display the famous 154MpH speed gauge ?
If you can't remember, this is the speed Kaneda reaches when he faces the clown on the highway.
We can see it here :
20091029_190231ed73ab021ad306EiYQnb.jpg

That was from the early proto pics right?

Since the bike is sitting at a stand still they must have just gone for 000 for accuracy sake.

I just got mine today - I'll try spinning the wheels really fast once I get it outa the box and see what happens! :lol

I'll try spinning the wheels really fast once I get it outa the box and see what happens! :lol
HAHAH
Just drive your car at 154MpH and let the bike roll through your door.
We'll see the result.
Or maybe does it simply display 154Mph when you turn on the gas.

Just finished unboxing & setting up the bike - just wow... It's unbelievable how good this thing is. :yess:

Kaneda is quite impressive too. I was expecting a mediocre fig after hearing what others had to say, but I really rate both sculpt & costume. Love the boots & jacket. Plus the accessories are abundant (for a medi figure, for any release for that matter). He's a lot taller than I expected too, measuring up at 11 & 3/4 inches. Just shy of Dutch's height. His noggin is massive! :lol

I couldn't be happier... Well, until Tetsuo completes the scene.:hi5:

Is it possible to turn off the green lights around the wheels, while keeping all others leds on ?
I don't understand what they wanted to demonstrate with these green circles. I'm quite sure they only appear when the bike is overheating, like sparkles.

Is it possible to turn off the green lights around the wheels, while keeping all others leds on ?
I don't understand what they wanted to demonstrate with these green circles. I'm quite sure they only appear when the bike is overheating, like sparkles.

All I can say is watch the movie, again! :gah: :lol

Have a look. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't see this green halo on several pictures :
kanedas%20bike.jpg

0.jpg

But when it brakes, or drifts, here it comes :
akira-motorcycle.jpg

Papo! you havent seen the movie if you dont remember the Green lights (electricity) coming out of the wheels! :panic:

Just read what I wrote : I never said they don't exist, I just said they are not permanently lighten. I just watched the movie once again and the lights are there at certain moments only.
Most of the time, they are turned off.
If you still don't believe me, watch this scene at 3:28.
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/hOQwcvGHYRM&hl=fr_FR&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/hOQwcvGHYRM&hl=fr_FR&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

That's why my first question was : is it possible to turn them off, while the other lights are on.

Just finished unboxing & setting up the bike - just wow... It's unbelievable how good this thing is. :yess:

Kaneda is quite impressive too. I was expecting a mediocre fig after hearing what others had to say, but I really rate both sculpt & costume. Love the boots & jacket. Plus the accessories are abundant (for a medi figure, for any release for that matter). He's a lot taller than I expected too, measuring up at 11 & 3/4 inches. Just shy of Dutch's height. His noggin is massive! :lol

I couldn't be happier... Well, until Tetsuo completes the scene.:hi5:

Congrats!!!!! I'm happy for you man!! One of those times when you think "so worth it!! I'm so glad I bought these!!"

Congrats!!!!! I'm happy for you man!! One of those times when you think "so worth it!! I'm so glad I bought these!!"

Cheers man, definitely worth the price of admission. I thought I'd lost it last week though, I had a "delivery exception" on the tracking & couldn't get anyone to tell me where the package was or what happened. Turns out the box was too big & the post office wouldn't accept it. Had to go to the airport to pick 'em up.

Just read what I wrote : I never said they don't exist, I just said they are not permanently lighten. I just watched the movie once again and the lights are there at certain moments only.
Most of the time, they are turned off.
If you still don't believe me, watch this scene at 3:28.

That's why my first question was : is it possible to turn them off, while the other lights are on.

I see your point, the thing is, the lights exist, but not always are ignited.

Kaneda and bike is going to look even better when Tetsuo is released. :clap

Oooooh yeah. Really anticipating Tetsuo. Only bummer is I've heard he won't be released until somewhere around October. Not sure if that is true (I read it on the internetz), but that's what I've read.

Now if I could only convince them to make that Yamagata figure........

Oooooh yeah. Really anticipating Tetsuo. Only bummer is I've heard he won't be released until somewhere around October. Not sure if that is true (I read it on the internetz), but that's what I've read.

Now if I could only convince them to make that Yamagata figure........
Yes, October it is. Also anticipating Tetsuo - more than Kaneda actually. I really like the design on Yamagata's T-shirt. But don't forget: the more characters you want from this line, the more expensive it will become! Medicom isn't exactly cheap, and, IMO seldom worth the price they are asking. Or to put it in an other way: Medicom = overpriced. But they do a lot of Anime/Manga characters, and that is how they still manage to pull the cash out of my pockets! :lol

Back