Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed it is even a stiffer rubber or plastic than an actual tire.
I'm, too, afraid of messing it up some product besides water. When I clean my figures every year I use a humid cloth over the tires to remove dust and give it a bit of moisture (once or twice a year may not be enough, though)
Kaneda's clothes have faded and the red is kind of dusting of in some parts (like the shoulders where the jacket is folded over itself). The back decal has pealed (maybe because it is in contact with the rubber seat). Everything else looks fine.
I love this set. Wish I could maintain it for as long as it would be possible... Of course, nothing is forever and we should not stress about it.
For now the solution would be finding a customizer to make an even better job than Medicom.

maybe once it fully flakes someone can finally try the rubber dip coating method to see if it works.

Just realized there have been Kaneda KO's in 1/6, but i think it was based on the 1st exclusive release from Medicom.

s-l500.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-TOYS-CUSTOM-AKIRA-SHOTARO-KANEDA-12-ACTION-FIGURE/274485818093

for those looking for a handmade suit may check out the tailor in this page:
https://www.facebook.com/charleszen...ungkim-instagramsculptor-su/2881487475196072/

Yeah, the knock-offs are really ******.

I tell ya, even though it's 20 years old now, and still seems to sell for no less than $1000, I still really really want that original Medicom Wonderfest exclusive that they only made 300 of.

I got to touch one in a store in Tokyo a few years ago, and would have bought it, but the head was broken off and stained. I didn't like the idea of a stain I couldn't clean. Just from that brief experience, the materials on that costume felt better in hand than the mass produced one. The head sculpt on the newer one is better, though.

546437kanedatoy.jpg
sdfasdfas.jpg
Kaneda Full.jpg

Yeah, the knock-offs are really ******.

I tell ya, even though it's 20 years old now, and still seems to sell for no less than $1000, I still really really want that original Medicom Wonderfest exclusive that they only made 300 of.

I got to touch one in a store in Tokyo a few years ago, and would have bought it, but the head was broken off and stained. I didn't like the idea of a stain I couldn't clean. Just from that brief experience, the materials on that costume felt better in hand than the mass produced one. The head sculpt on the newer one is better, though.

View attachment 497891
View attachment 497892
View attachment 497893

now it looks like it's not a knockoff but a 3rd party effort but the price is expensive around $120. they should have just copied either the original or 2nd release.

the WF looks closer to the movie posters while the 2nd release looks more show accurate. same as the McFarlane the semi actions looks closer to the show while the couch figure looks closer to the illustration.

Wow!!! That looks so much better than the original! Unfortunately I can't find the tailor's shop or website anywhere

maybe you can ask the facebook owner he did mention the tailor. but it'd probably cost a bomb.

How has this movie and ghost in the shell not had more figures and merchandise!? They are the two biggest/most influential anime even imo.

Where?s our Tetsuo and Kaneda Figmas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How has this movie and ghost in the shell not had more figures and merchandise!? They are the two biggest/most influential anime even imo.

Where?s our Tetsuo and Kaneda Figmas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you rarely see the movie figures of GITS but you see more on the tv series, probably because the license fee is lower for non-movies. but i would be happy if someone comes up with the full color comic book versions.

Wow. Wonder if I should try to get a new one just for the fresh rubber.

I'd definitely buy a new Kaneda just to replace my faded one. But my bike has held up really well, so it's probably not necessary considering it's very possible the retail price on this could easily be double the original considering the skyrocketing inflation on collectables over the last ten years.

Wow. Wonder if I should try to get a new one just for the fresh rubber.

I'd definitely buy a new Kaneda just to replace my faded one. But my bike has held up really well, so it's probably not necessary considering it's very possible the retail price on this could easily be double the original considering the skyrocketing inflation on collectables over the last ten years.

I doubt it will be double. This is not Hot Toys we're talking about. Bandai is a bit more sensible with pricing with reissues. Maybe $100 more than before is what I'm expecting.

This is my favourite piece in my collection. So rare and iconic. I would definitely buy a 2nd one, to have as a backup.

Check out this guy's custom bike build. Incredible workmanship.

Interesting. I wonder if the reissue will offer the EX decals and fairings like the OG release did.

I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

That was about the least amount of info they could possibly provide. "display only. resale planning." There was no Kaneda or anything. They wouldn't release this toy without the rider, just like they didn't release Kaneda on his own the first time. You have the bike, you need Kaneda. You have Kaneda, you need the bike.

I didn't see anything about Kaneda, so to me that's one sign that this "planned re-release" hasn't gotten very far along.

(Yeah, I know the Kaneda figure was a collaboration with Medicom. But still...you would think since they worked together on this, that one company wouldn't release their "half" without the other.)

If it happens, I'm gonna highly doubt the stickers and extra faring will be an option. There was already a second release of the bike, roughly 6 months to a year after the initial release, and that's how I got mine. They did NOT produce the extras....that was a first run bonus item.

I guess time will tell, but maybe they just wanted some more really cool toys to spruce up the display?

One thing's for sure...it's gonna be a ***** to get at retail price. Chinese customers and bots tend to grab up all the expensive Bandai stuff in seconds when they go on sale.

I doubt it will be double. This is not Hot Toys we're talking about. Bandai is a bit more sensible with pricing with reissues. Maybe $100 more than before is what I'm expecting.

i couldn't really afford the bike back when it was new, so i ended up picking the extra cowl & sticker set cheap. I have the box on display it looks great. but i doubt i will be able to afford the bike even if it is re-released. Knowing Bandai, and seeing how much they increased their SOC line up, from average $50 to $150 for a standard Mazinger, from $80 to $280 for a Combiner, i would guess the bike would be asking for 60,000yen at least. I wonder what was the price for last 1/6 Bike Medicom released, probably that Cyclone 1 bundle.

They were asking ridiculous price for the 1/60 Macross VF-1J set and it was $100 when Yamato started selling them.

Back