Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I could only own one statue it would be Kaneda on his bike. So clear out space on top of your dresser, fridge, night stand, desk, or kitchen counter. Cuz that's what I would do in your situation and P1 made the dream come true. :D

i'm with you! :pray:

Nice custom, but can't believe someone would destroy one of these beauties. Oh well...there's one less in the world now, so that makes mine more valuable!

Finally getting a chance to display my set.
03ACFF82-0B71-4EEC-A6C0-5318A8CE0290.JPG

I really feel like Bandai and Medicom and all the rest really missed the ball by not having a 1/12 scale fully articulated figure and bike out for the year 2019.

But hey. Maybe with all the attention AKIRA got this year, they're working behind the scenes to give us something awesome in 2020.

I doubt it, but a man can dream.

I really feel like Bandai and Medicom and all the rest really missed the ball by not having a 1/12 scale fully articulated figure and bike out for the year 2019.

But hey. Maybe with all the attention AKIRA got this year, they're working behind the scenes to give us something awesome in 2020.

I doubt it, but a man can dream.

well they may do it on Mafex.

Just attended the art exhibit AKIRA ART OF WALL in Tokyo today.

My favorite bit of merch were these tiny replicas of the AKIRA wall that surrounded a building that was under construction for the last few years. It was always really really cool to see Otomo's intricate black and white art blown up larger than life.

Unfortunately, these were blind boxed in "gacha" machines at $5 a pop. I'm not gonna tell you what it took to get all ten....honestly, I don't really remember....I just kept pumping money in. Thanks to some trading extras with some extremely generous fellow patrons, I managed to get all 10.

Here they are in front of my AKIRA shrine:

walls 1.jpg
walls 2.jpg
walls 3.jpg

Hey, anyone wanna indulge me while I wax on and on about a Holy Grail I just got? I figured if anyone would understand, it'd be you guys....

Since 2004, I've been looking for the Bandai 1/12 scale Kaneda's bike from the Tokyo Motorcycle Show. This was an exclusive edition that came out months before the regular edition.

I've had the regular edition since it was released, and it remains one of my favorite toys of all time, despite a slightly oversized Kaneda figure that's stuck in one pose.

The biggest difference in the limited edition is of course that there's no Kaneda figure to ride the bike, and all the sponsor stickers are not there, so it's a "blank" bike. It also comes in a slightly smaller box. One last way to tell the difference...there's a "gascap" looking piece that's gold on this one.

Of course, as a completionist, it bothered me like hell that I didn't have the rare version. I'd seen it around secondhand places in Tokyo but always over $100....too rich for my blood.

Once, probably about 15 years ago, I saw it at a used toy store for about $50. I wanted it so badly, but I just couldn't afford the 50 at the time. I had to leave it there. Killed me doing that. Never forgot it.

Over the years the price has gone anywhere up to $500. I'd been seeing it around on the internet sites for about $200.

The other night I saw a listing for one on yahoo japan auctions for $120. Said it was used, but looked good in the pics. I figured, why the hell not? The virus is gonna kill us all anyway.

It arrived and I'm overjoyed. The box is a bit rough sadly, and seems to have turned a pinker shade of red than it should be, but the harsh Japanese sun can do that....it's why I keep my toy room 100% sunlight free.

box.jpg

The listing said it was used but I bet this guy rarely, if ever, removed it from the box. It's all shiny and new, especially the tires. What a difference comparing my toy that's been displayed all this time and the new one.

Here's some pics.....sorry for the random assortment of other toys in the background...you know how it is!

2 bikes.jpg
2 bikes 2.jpg

Can you spot the gold "gascap" on the limited version?

2 bikes gold.jpg

Here's Kaneda deciding which version to ride:

2 bikes kaneda 1.jpg
2 bikes kaneda 2.jpg

Here's an oversized SHF Iron Man taking it for a spin.....if anyone could afford a bike like this, it's Tony Stark:

iron man bike.jpg

And here's the baddest ass anime bikes of the 80s....never thought I'd ever own these. What a dream come true!! (Ugh....do I need to find a Garland from Megazone 23 to feel "complete" now? No!! Don't spoil this high for me! I'm so psyched to have these after all these years!!)

80s anime bikes.jpg

The fade is most likely due to sitting on a shelve with lights shinning it for prolong period of time. if it were the sun the bike would have faded and rubber melted.

The fade is most likely due to sitting on a shelve with lights shinning it for prolong period of time. if it were the sun the bike would have faded and rubber melted.

Pointless negative comments deleted....I don't want to start stuff!

My problem is that in the years since I've been posting here, you almost always chime in with negative comments. You're a doom and gloom kinda guy, and I got tired of reading it over the years.

But you know what? Let's just forget all that. These are just toys; we all love toys. We just want to enjoy the hobby.

So what do you say Potato.....forget the negative stuff I said and let's just be pals? Friends?

My problem is that in the years since I've been posting here, you almost always chime in with negative comments. You're a doom and gloom kinda guy, and I got tired of reading it over the years.

But you know what? Let's just forget all that. These are just toys; we all love toys. We just want to enjoy the hobby.

So what do you say Potato.....forget the negative stuff I said and let's just be pals? Friends?

i never see negative posts in negative ways. note we've always been talking about Medicom stuffs here, and as we know, Medicom stuffs usually goes bad in a few years. I'm just glad the 1/6 FIgure & Bike you guys have is still in good condition. When it comes to rubber & pleather stuffs, I'm always negative, comes from experience. Remember the Kamen Rider Popy that came from the same line as the Kaneda Bike, let's just say it didn't really leave me a positive reaction with the pleather and rubber tires.

that is why nowadays i try to do preventive measures while things are new. Future Flooring glossy parts, putting rubber protection on rubbers, beewax on pleather. if they eventually breaks they break nothing much i can do did my part for them. If the chogokins are out for display, they will eventually turn dull for no reasons.

Back