Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
more new images from toy world

https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17245&extra=page=1&page=21

20100309_9e545cb1eed809314a63IEB62j.jpg

20100309_d94186c7f2327b7f792cqwutXE.jpg

20100309_abb958a3a78327eef3baAjIO5F.jpg

If you want it man, go for it. Akira was the movie that introduced a LOT of people to anime, there's many a fan out there.

I reckon this one will disappear fast & only go up in the future.

Thanks for the pics guys, every little bit of info on the bike seems to justify the price tag. Just keeps getting better!

I was hoping Kaneda and the Bike would ship together, but my wallet is a bit relieved. I think it's funny that Bandai can put out such a complex and intricately built 1/6 vehicle on time and Medicom can't get a standard figure out at the same time. Granted, there could be various factors affecting this, but come on...

I bought both from Ami-Ami. Mainly because they're currently having a 50% discount on EMS shipping for international orders during March, not to mention they have an awesome price for the bike and Kaneda.

I was hoping Kaneda and the Bike would ship together, but my wallet is a bit relieved. I think it's funny that Bandai can put out such a complex and intricately built 1/6 vehicle on time and Medicom can't get a standard figure out at the same time. Granted, there could be various factors affecting this, but come on...

I bought both from Ami-Ami. Mainly because they're currently having a 50% discount on EMS shipping for international orders during March, not to mention they have an awesome price for the bike and Kaneda.

yeah, the whole medicom delay thing is ingrained in their releases isn't it. always have to add a month or so it seems for the stuff you're really looking forward to.

and those are awesome prices! especially since a lot of places are listing it as unavailable for preorder anymore. i think i paid about 1000 more for the bike and 1000 less for kaneda. such is the great karmic circle of toy collecting :peace how much did ems come to in the end for the two if you don't mind me asking?

yeah, the whole medicom delay thing is ingrained in their releases isn't it. always have to add a month or so it seems for the stuff you're really looking forward to.

and those are awesome prices! especially since a lot of places are listing it as unavailable for preorder anymore. i think i paid about 1000 more for the bike and 1000 less for kaneda. such is the great karmic circle of toy collecting :peace how much did ems come to in the end for the two if you don't mind me asking?

I actually don't know myself, because Ami-Ami, like web stores such as Hobby Link Japan or Hobby Search, don't quote the total shipping cost until the item arrives in stock and is prepped for shipment. With the current 50% EMS shipping promotion, it'll end up being much less than the current shipping rates for this bike on ebay, which hovers on average $50-60 for expedited. I estimate around $30. Not an incredibly accurate estimation I know. I've shopped with Ami-Ami many times before, but they were for smaller items.

Ami-Ami has the bike for 27,850 yen, which is currently $307 USD as of this post.

I love Akira. The bike looks really nice. But i dont think that Anime or animated characters really work in the action figure form.

This is a pass, still i'm tempted to get the bike, but without Kaneda it will look a bit strange..

I love Akira. The bike looks really nice. But i dont think that Anime or animated characters really work in the action figure form.

This is a pass, still i'm tempted to get the bike, but without Kaneda it will look a bit strange..

really? I have a total opposite opinion on that. very few toys/ collectables based on real life characters are a good representation of their real life counter part IMO. I feel anime or animated characters are a lot easier to translate into action figures.

really? I have a total opposite opinion on that. very few toys/ collectables based on real life characters are a good representation of their real life counter part IMO. I feel anime or animated characters are a lot easier to translate into action figures.

I would have agreed with you if Hot Toys werent around :D

I actually don't know myself, because Ami-Ami, like web stores such as Hobby Link Japan or Hobby Search, don't quote the total shipping cost until the item arrives in stock and is prepped for shipment. With the current 50% EMS shipping promotion, it'll end up being much less than the current shipping rates for this bike on ebay, which hovers on average $50-60 for expedited. I estimate around $30. Not an incredibly accurate estimation I know. I've shopped with Ami-Ami many times before, but they were for smaller items.

Ami-Ami has the bike for 27,850 yen, which is currently $307 USD as of this post.

On Amiami how do they bill you without you knowing the shipping charges? Do they email you with the total through paypal and you have to accept and pay them? Or you could deny the charge if the shipping is too high?

On Amiami how do they bill you without you knowing the shipping charges? Do they email you with the total through paypal and you have to accept and pay them? Or you could deny the charge if the shipping is too high?

They recommended that you contact them asking for a shipping quote prior to ordering an item if you're unsure. Their EMS prices are pretty standard by weight, and I've ordered many times from them before so I can estimate roughly how much an item would be through a bit of research.

When your pre-ordered item arrives in their warehouse, they send you an email notice/bill for payment with the total price including shipping and you have 7 days to pay. Then you just pay through paypal. Cancellations are frowned upon and the web sites states 'not accepted', but it's something you'd have to contact them about since I've never cancelled an item.

Back