Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Code:
<a class="affiliatestyle" href="https://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker.aspx?aid=11&href=https%3a%2f%2fwww.sideshowtoy.com%2f%3fpage_id%3d4489%26sku%3d9007691" target="_blank">Buy it Now! - Medicom Kaneda bike</a>

Code:
<a class="affiliatestyle" href="https://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker.aspx?aid=11&href=https%3a%2f%2fwww.sideshowtoy.com%2f%3fpage_id%3d4489%26sku%3d900768" target="_blank">Buy Now! - Medicom Kaneda </a>

definitely getting one of these! i was outbid on ebay for the daman resin kit at $400!! :lol

I really like this set... but the price tag is just too much. I can even understand the cost of the bike, but not really Kaneda. No way does he seem like a $200 figure... and a combined $620 is just painful.

Yeah, they're both overpriced, and I'm not sure which one is more apparent of that than the other. But, doesn't Medicom make fairly limited production runs? If so, that softens the sticker shock a bit.

I pre-ordered both from SS, but I'm hoping another online seller pops up with these at a lower price.

I really like this set... but the price tag is just too much. I can even understand the cost of the bike, but not really Kaneda. No way does he seem like a $200 figure... and a combined $620 is just painful.

I have to agree with that, its a cool piece and I've been a fan of Akira since the early nineties Manga/Anime boom over here, but its way too much to ask for something like this IMO. The fig in particular seems very overpriced. Of course if I was as in love with this as I am with some other licences that wouldnt matter a jot so I say if you like it go for it!

Akira is easily my favorite Anime... and one I've always loved. But the idea of dropping $620 just doesn't work out in my mind. I could see jumping if it was around $400-$450.

I recall the original Medicom RAH Kaneda that was sold exclusively via a lottery system at a convention in Japan closing out for around $1,000 a few years back.
Given that, $200, though not a bargain by any reasonable means, is better than the previous alternative to acquiring a 12" Kaneda figure.
Hopefully, Medicom is also looking at revisiting the two military/ police figures that were released in conjunction at that convention.

I have to agree with that, its a cool piece and I've been a fan of Akira since the early nineties Manga/Anime boom over here, but its way too much to ask for something like this IMO. The fig in particular seems very overpriced. Of course if I was as in love with this as I am with some other licences that wouldnt matter a jot so I say if you like it go for it!

Both are overpriced and Medicom knows it. lol The Kaneda figure should be $150 like the DBZ figures and the Bike should be $300 to $350. And maybe even a special edition that comes with both in a box for $____.

Hopefully I can find them both cheaper and cancel my order.

I'm really hoping to find them on the cheap later on... Medicom is hard to guess. Their SW stuff seems to tank in value, but other stuff (especially the oddball like this) is hard to predict.

nice to see everyone blaming medicom as usual for these high prices. and yet i can find a ton of stores in japan selling this for around the ¥14,000 for Kaneda, and ¥33,000 mark for the bike. that makes kaneda about the same price as a Hot Toys fig. why sideshow has hiked the price up so high is beyond me.

i guess you could argue it's something to do with import fees etc. in which case it's not medicom's fault. i'd still rather pay $200 for kaneda in the US than the whopping ¥18,500 (about $205) that the latest sideshow figs fetch in Japan.

nice to see everyone blaming medicom as usual for these high prices. and yet i can find a ton of stores in japan selling this for around the ¥14,000 for Kaneda, and ¥33,000 mark for the bike. that makes kaneda about the same price as a Hot Toys fig. why sideshow has hiked the price up so high is beyond me.

i guess you could argue it's something to do with import fees etc. in which case it's not medicom's fault. i'd still rather pay $200 for kaneda in the US than the whopping ¥18,500 (about $205) that the latest sideshow figs fetch in Japan.

I just had to say that avatar is cool! I'll be leaving now :D

Hey guys
Can someone answer me what the big difference is between the "regular" and "limited" bikes on the Sideshow website. Is it just a sheet of stickers? I mean, that seems kind of, well, lame...

Back