Medicom Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that critiquing the DX is considered heresy to some around here, but I stand by my opinion, and do not demean those with a differing opinion. Weren't we talking about the Medi in this thread?

It depends on how you angle the eyes. You have to keep in mind human eyelids change as the eye shifts. DX's eyelids aren't human, and the static lids make him look like he's opening wide depending on the eye position.

He's best positioned with head cocked down and looking up.

And by today's standards, the V2 head's eye paint apps aren't that great and the gloss doesn't stand out like what we have now. Actually the sculpt's paint apps in general can't compare evenly with today's. You can see trouble areas under the left side of his hair near the ear where the flesh and hair paint aren't crisply applied.

Last edited:
I know that critiquing the DX is considered heresy to some around here, but I stand by my opinion, and do not demean those with a differing opinion. Weren't we talking about the Medi in this thread?

I hope nothing I said made you feel demeaned. I actually love both heads. :)

It depends on how you angle the eyes. You have to keep in mind human eyelids change as the eye shifts. DX's eyelids aren't human, and the static lids make him look like he's opening wide depending on the eye position.

He's best positioned with head cocked down and looking up.

That's exactly what I was referring to when I said 'it's just about how you use them.' When the human head is cocked down and the eyes are looking straight ahead (the position both Joker and Batman look best in) the eyelid is opened up as far as it can be. If you keep your eyelid in that position and then tilt your head back while looking straight ahead, you look really crazy!

Go try it in the mirror, I have! :lol

That is a very bad pic to use for comparison. They're both good, but imo DX wins with the movable eyes and nicer paint apps.

Anyways, I used the Medi Pants on a custom for anyone who didn't know.

IMG_0081.jpg

my first attempt at this. tried my best but can't say its my best work. this ones for you kazi!

DSC00452a.jpg

DSC00451a.jpg

DSC00450a.jpg

DSC00456a.jpg

Last edited:
Nice effort, miles better than the original, but there's still a lot off with the basic sculpt - why bother with this head when there's so many great alternatives?

Nice effort, miles better than the original, but there's still a lot off with the basic sculpt - why bother with this head when there's so many great alternatives?

to be unique! haha

everyone else has the alternatives. not many ppl have this guy or at least tried a good repaint on him (from my understanding at least)

Back