Medicom Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i bought an extra slicked back hair br head off ebay a while back for the nurse, before i got the br figure, so now i have the br joker with the mask on, and the v1 joker with the br regular head in the jail cell look.

so, yeah, you'd need another head.

Ah, I thought so.

If I ever decide to put the BR head on the V1 body, I will probably just put the V1 head on the nurse.

Don't feel like I need the interrogation Joker because it's just the clown joker without his jacket. :peace

nice set up.

Very true indeed. Especially the DX and Takara? in there. Love the DX pose.

He's got a lot of nice poses going.

altho i'm still debating on getting the dcd.

I still love the DCD. Even though it's a giant but I still think it's a very nice figure. When futzed and posed properly it's quite a respectable looking figure.

also, of those last three jokers (medi, dcd, ht v1) the ht still kicks ass. (and imo should be in the middle.) ;)

I'm more surprised how his v1 body can stand on it's own. The ankles on mine are that loose if you were to walk by it would topple over.

The Medicom tie makes me think of the v1 Joker tie. However, I'd love to see more of the shirt. Looks actually not too shabby. Grey with a nice crisp pattern.

Very true indeed. Especially the DX and Takara? in there. Love the DX pose.

He's got a lot of nice poses going.

Thanks man! Posing is my favorite part of this hobby. :)

And yep, it's Takara. When my DX02 comes he will take his place. Then I will shuffle things around on top of the book shelf to get the Takara batman up there. It's gonna look sweet with his cape hanging over the edge! :rock

I still love the DCD. Even though it's a giant but I still think it's a very nice figure. When futzed and posed properly it's quite a respectable looking figure.

I agree. With some patience and futzing the DCD Joker can be pretty cool. And if you do a hunched pose like I do, he doesn't seem so giant. For me what sold me on the DCD Joker is taking of the gray suit coat. He just looks so much sharper without it. (Same thing with the V1 Joker.)

I'm more surprised how his v1 body can stand on it's own. The ankles on mine are that loose if you were to walk by it would topple over.

Hmm, that sucks. Guess I lucked out. Mine has nice solid ankles!

I do have a couple figures with week ankles (Dr Henry Jones & Nosferatu) and I rig the ankles to be tight. I take black electrical tape and fold it several times sticky side in. Then I cram this into the figures shoes. The back of the tape has enough tack to it to stay in place and hold the ankles tight, while still allowing for posability.

The Medicom tie makes me think of the v1 Joker tie. However, I'd love to see more of the shirt. Looks actually not too shabby. Grey with a nice crisp pattern.

Although the color is different it is very close to the V1 tie. Both have a sheen to them, although the Medicom tie is more... what's the word... synthetic[?] feeling.

The shirt does indeed have a crisp pattern, but almost to crisp if you look close. Almost looks like printing on paper:

P1070030.jpg

As I said, if this was the only Joker we could get it would be an outrage, but as it is, it's an interesting and unique figure.

My DCD wont stand on it's own either like the v1 Hot Toys. Unlike yours. How you achieved that I do not know as the feet are like elf's feet. No flat areas. I have to use the stand. It's a horrid stand as well.

I also had to paint the gloves on the DCD Joker. That off looking purple is hideous! It drove me nuts.

3865116557_fb82c34e80.jpg

I love the shadows the DCD creates. Such a nice sculpt.

3865116529_3073c0ec51.jpg

even though the ht br and dx are the best joker sculpts to date, i still think that the dcd head resembles heath the most. while it's off as the character, i can see heath in there. i cant really see heath as much in the ht heads, but i do see joker. make sense at all?

To some degree. I think it has to do with both sculpt and hair sculpt. The DX paint is too gritty for my liking. It's exceptionally detailed but it's still too gritty.

There's something off the way Hot Toys sculpts the hair. Like it's not wavy enough as well as the Medusa like hair. Hot Toys is obsessed with neatly placed clamped hair.

My DCD wont stand on it's own either like the v1 Hot Toys. Unlike yours. How you achieved that I do not know as the feet are like elf's feet. No flat areas. I have to use the stand. It's a horrid stand as well.

I also had to paint the gloves on the DCD Joker. That off looking purple is hideous! It drove me nuts.

:lol, yeah the gloves are pretty awful

And as far as the feet go, it takes a lot of patient tweeking to get him to stand right.

I always get on level with my figures feet and make sure that 4 points are making contact (i.e heel and toe of each foot) then ankle placement is key. Sadly the DCD Joker ankles don't tilt (one of its biggest draw backs imo) but you can still do a lot with swivel. And of course center of gravity is also a huge factor when not using stands.

Probobly not telling you anything you don't already know though.

Also helps that I have most of my figures on shelves that are fixed to the wall. That way walking in front of them (and even jumping up and down) doesn't make them teeter like they would in a shelving unit sitting on the floor. And I don't live in an earthquake zone.:)

3865116557_fb82c34e80.jpg

I love the shadows the DCD creates. Such a nice sculpt.

3865116529_3073c0ec51.jpg

^^^^^

These are very nice. :)

To some degree. I think it has to do with both sculpt and hair sculpt. The DX paint is too gritty for my liking. It's exceptionally detailed but it's still too gritty.

There's something off the way Hot Toys sculpts the hair. Like it's not wavy enough as well as the Medusa like hair. Hot Toys is obsessed with neatly placed clamped hair.

The hair is the one thing that bugs me about the HT Jokers. Especially the DX. When I showed my dad the DX said: 'isn't it realistic?' and he was like: 'I don't know about that hair.' :lol

The front hairline of the DX is very Medusa like.

Heh, it's my one and only complaint about the DX Joker! It is still easily my favorite figure! :rock

Complaints about the DX joker?
You should see my Hot Toys Ripley, then tell me again what's wrong with the DX hair.

i love the dx joker. the hair's ok, but still looks nice. imo real hair (done well) is the only way to go with the joker, and tbh most real hair mods i've seen sadly leave a lot to be desired.

what's wrong with the ripley head? got any pics?

i love the dx joker. the hair's ok, but still looks nice. imo real hair (done well) is the only way to go with the joker, and tbh most real hair mods i've seen sadly leave a lot to be desired.

what's wrong with the ripley head? got any pics?

Ha...Nothing particularly wrong with the figure. Just if you have ever seen the headsculpt on that figure, you would seriously laugh:lol

Just saw the review of this guy over on MWCtoys... didn't realize it came w/only 2 hands and no weapons. Makes a bad figure even seem insulting so :lol

Really one of the worst 1/6 figures I've seen in awhile; although I will admit the sculpt (minus the atrocious paint) is still probably better than the awful V1 Hot Toys sculpt.

The almost complete lack of any accessories is pretty lame, but the paint is what makes this figure stand out imo.

Yeah, doesn't look much like Heath, and if it was the only Joker available I'd be super pissed. But there is something about him...

He has kind of a scary-gay-possessed-china-doll kind of look.

I'd say your description of him is spot-on. I can respect the completist needing him and its nice you can get him for dirt cheap.

But, luckily I can get by with just one version of each character :rock

BTW, did the Two-Face figure ever come out? Don't remember ever seeing in-hand pics of that one.

Damn, that's awful too :lol

Its crazy that Medicom used to be the pinnacle of 1/6 and now release this bargain bin work. And they still make some amazing stuff (like the Dark Knight Batman), but completely drop the ball with these 2 figures.

Last edited:
Back