Medicom Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if this has been posted...? Don't eat me.

2607402262_6cba600df0_o.jpg

The clothes still suck, but that head is OK.

It's meh. There's something girly about the head (it just isn't Heath). The clothes are terrible. They should probably fix that problem...props for weathering the trench coat, though.

i still think it's a matter of a repaint of the head. when that is done, the Heath Ledger likeness on the HT version will pop out.

HT Paintjobs are usually amazing and I dont really think it needs a repaint.
To be fair, I dont think any company got the licence to do an exact Heath Ledger likeness.
Even HT advertised it as authentic likeness of the Joker & not Heath Ledger.

HT Paintjobs are usually amazing and I dont really think it needs a repaint.
To be fair, I dont think any company got the licence to do an exact Heath Ledger likeness.
Even HT advertised it as authentic likeness of the Joker & not Heath Ledger.

Doesn't Hot Toys always say character likeness not actor?

Doesn't Hot Toys always say character likeness not actor?

Actually they list the actor. For the TDK Batman they have this:

- Alternate head with authentic likeness of Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne, a new head sculpture of Bruce Wayne

For the Joker they have:

- Authentic likeness of the JOKER

Strange but true...:monkey1

Medicom...Hot Toys...blah, blah, blah.

Dark Artist Custom Joker is the greatest!! He's staring at me right now on my desk at work. I have no interest in HT or Medi while I have DA.

Actually they list the actor. For the TDK Batman they have this:

- Alternate head with authentic likeness of Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne, a new head sculpture of Bruce Wayne

For the Joker they have:

- Authentic likeness of the JOKER

Strange but true...:monkey1

I saw that, but I'm thinking that's because there is a human portrait of Bale, not just the bat head. I'd wager if it was just the cowl head, it'd be authentic Batman likeness. We've all said, Joker doesn't look like Heath. Could also be a respect thing or whatever. I think Ledger's in there, so I think not listing his name has nothing to do with rights.

Actually, there's a problem with both dolls. The HT clothes fit better and look more natural, but the Medicom clothes are a much more accurate depiction color-wise. He wears a grey almost blueish grey blazer and the HT doll got this completely wrong whereas Medicom seems to have nailed it. Medicom also nailed the color of the shoes. HT's look almost tan and the detail in the seams and notches aren't exactly right. HT's socks are also completely wrong and for some reason they put a belt on him. He wears suspenders that we've seen, so he wouldn't wear a belt. His pocketwatch chain is also silver not gold. It wouldn't have been cool if the watch had been on the other end but no one has seen that outside of the production. Hopefully DC Direct or someone else will make a replica prop like what they're doing with the all Jokers card deck and Two-Face coin.

Now, we just need bank robbery Joker. That'd be a cool companion piece, as well as the white scrubs version.

Is there a picture out there of the Medicom doll with the overcoat off but the blazer on? I know there's one for the HT, but I'd like to see just blazer. I haven't scoured this thread (but I'm going to), so sorry if this is already up somewhere.

Im sure its more accurate....but the Hot Toys one just looks better. I'd rather have something that looked good, as opposed to something accurate and cruddy. (not that I think Medi's is bad, just the costume is shoddy IMO)

Back