Medicom/Enterbay ROTJ Han

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC_3169.jpg

Few quick pics, really impressed by the sculpt, it's alot better in person like most have said.

Quick review:

Paint 8/10

Paintjob is kind of mixed. The face and skin are fantastic. Hot Toys level, if not better. The eyes are a bit too stern but very well painted, again Hot Toys quality. The hair however is one color of brown which makes you not see ANY of the impressive detail on the sculpt, which brings it from a 9/10 overall to a 7,5/10 for me, this is the only part that isn't Hot Toys quality. All they had to do it drybrush some highlights. One minor quibble is that the rubber neck/torso doesnt quite match his face.

Sculpt 9/10

Sculpt is terrific. The expression is one that works well for posing, and isn't nearly as evil looking as the prototype pictures, it's quite a determined expression though, so if you like Han smiling, this ain't the one for you (thought he does have a véry slight smile). The hair is actually not nearly as bad as pictures make it seem, it is Hot Toys in quality ( lots of strands of hair ) but you don't see any of it because of the flat paint job. It is a bit too big though, about 10%. Though after looking at reference pics you can't really blame them.
44b9ffcb2eb788f3fb05004c466b20c2.jpg
The hands are well done as well. The likeness is 9/10. I don't see Hot Toys topping this one in terms of likeness.

DSC_3179.JPG

Outfit 7/10

Medicom. Pretty good, but the plastic belt is ugly. Besides that it's Sideshow quality. The blaster is the ANH version which is quite baffling lol. It is however well painted and sculpted. The breather is something I will never use, nor is the coat, which has a weird yellowish color. No biggy because I don't like the coat look.

Body 8/10

Everything is excellent however he is thin around the waist, needs serious padding. Not AT ALL small like most medicom, fits right in with the other brands.

Overall I'm very happy with him, I give him an 8/10, the enterbay paint on the face and the sculpting make up for the medicom aspects.

View attachment 199462

Few quick pics, really impressed by the sculpt, it's alot better in person like most have said.

Quick review:

Paint 8/10

Paintjob is kind of mixed. The face and skin are fantastic. Hot Toys level, if not better. The eyes are a bit too stern but very well painted, again Hot Toys quality. The hair however is one color of brown which makes you not see ANY of the impressive detail on the sculpt, which brings it from a 9/10 overall to a 7,5/10 for me, this is the only part that isn't Hot Toys quality. All they had to do it drybrush some highlights. One minor quibble is that the rubber neck/torso doesnt quite match his face.

Sculpt 9/10

Sculpt is terrific. The expression is one that works well for posing, and isn't nearly as evil looking as the prototype pictures, it's quite a determined expression though, so if you like Han smiling, this ain't the one for you (thought he does have a véry slight smile). The hair is actually not nearly as bad as pictures make it seem, it is Hot Toys in quality ( lots of strands of hair ) but you don't see any of it because of the flat paint job. It is a bit too big though, about 10%. Though after looking at reference pics you can't really blame them.
View attachment 199467
The hands are well done as well. The likeness is 9/10. I don't see Hot Toys topping this one in terms of likeness.

View attachment 199466

Outfit 7/10

Medicom. Pretty good, but the plastic belt is ugly. Besides that it's Sideshow quality. The blaster is the ANH version which is quite baffling lol. It is however well painted and sculpted. The breather is something I will never use, nor is the coat, which has a weird yellowish color. No biggy because I don't like the coat look.

Body 8/10

Everything is excellent however he is thin around the waist, needs serious padding. Not AT ALL small like most medicom, fits right in with the other brands.

Overall I'm very happy with him, I give him an 8/10, the enterbay paint on the face and the sculpting make up for the medicom aspects.

Great review! Very much my own thoughts when i first bought it:)

Touched up his eyes, made his pupils slightly larger. Looks better imo, less angry more Solo.

DSC_3196.JPG
EDIT:

God this is a good likeness.

Attachments

• DSC_3196.JPG
    DSC_3196.JPG
    348.1 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
DSC_3167 copy.jpg

small comparison of the eyes, its less Killer IMO. I know. Bad lighting.

Also the one on the right shows just how much detail the hair sculpt has. If only it were painted it would be a moot point.

Does anyone have a spare trench coat they would sell. I have been looking for one for a while. pm me if you do and we can make a deal

Back