Medicom Droids getting Jawas Jacked

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinister

Super Freak
Reaction score
When I bought my Medicom Droid set - the shop charged my cc twice by accident charged. No big deal since my bank automatically catches these mistakes (and it was an honest mistake) and the duplicate charge was reversed.

But the owner said he would make it up to me - so a couple days after I received the droids - I got this awesome Medicom Jawas figure in the mail :yess:

Medicom must have released it during the "blackout" period when I stopped collecting for a couple years since I don't recall it. But it's pretty neat.

Here's a pic:

When I bought my Medicom Droid set - the shop charged my cc twice by accident charged. No big deal since my bank automatically catches these mistakes (and it was an honest mistake) and the duplicate charge was reversed.

But the owner said he would make it up to me - so a couple days after I received the droids - I got this awesome Medicom Jawas figure in the mail :yess:

Medicom must have released it during the "blackout" period when I stopped collecting for a couple years since I don't recall it. But it's pretty neat.

Here's a pic:

Dude that's awesome...so which shop is this...I been wanting those droids bad.

That's a cool thing for the shop to do... he was a pricey guy; I think $75 or $80 MSRP?

Nice gesture from the store indeed!
I have one of Medi's Jawas, overpriced but pretty cool!
Looks great along a Hasbro one... since all Jawas look different in between...

You know - I clued in on the droids a little late so I was desperate to get them. I got lucky and found their website: https://www.toytokyo.com/ while googling.

The website said they were out of stock, but I happened to notice a disclaimer that said their site was in transition. That they do their best to keep online inventory in sync with actual stock. To call them if you need confirmation of an item.

So I called and wouldn't you know it - they had 1 of each still in stock! And because my purchase was over $100 - Larry gave me free UPS Ground shipping.

These droids are awesome. Can't be any more satisfied with them. Don't let the negative murmurs prevent you from hunting them down. Yes - R2 is a little small - but inhand it is barely noticeable.

Nice gesture from the store indeed!
I have one of Medi's Jawas, overpriced but pretty cool!
Looks great along a Hasbro one... since all Jawas look different in between...

I've always intended to make some custom Jawas but never got around to it. I think of all the SW characters - Jawas are often overlooked, but to me they are pretty iconic of at least ANH. I'm tempted to try to add red leds to this guy. the head is hollow and wires and batteries can be hidden under the cloak. Hmmm.

I might get one more to customize. I think alteregocomics has some.

Oops. Just checked - they don't have any today. Was positive I saw it last night.

Geez! Just did a quick search on eBay and there's only a handful and all are between 100USD and 140USD.

Those are all BIN prices... and in the completed auction none seem to have sold.

But if I were you, I'd just buy a Hasbro one (the original with a cloth outfit). A tiny bit of work and they can look great... and you can get them for under $20.

Those are all BIN prices... and in the completed auction none seem to have sold.

But if I were you, I'd just buy a Hasbro one (the original with a cloth outfit). A tiny bit of work and they can look great... and you can get them for under $20.

Thanks Galactiboy! I'll hunt down a couple of the Hasbros.

Back