Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Medicom head IS too narrow though. Everyone doing the head mod ends up with a more realistic looking head imo because the actual TDK suit cowl was more round. I'd like to see someone do BOTH the head and neck mods.. because if just the neck mod makes the figure look like this:

tdk9.jpg

Photo Credit: Tin

And just the Head mod makes the figure look like this:

_MG_2478-1.jpg

Photo Credit: rismo

Then maybe both of those mods will make the figure closer to looking like this:

tdkbatman02eo9.jpg

The Medicom head IS too narrow though. Everyone doing the head mod ends up with a more realistic looking head imo because the actual TDK suit cowl was more round. I'd like to see someone do BOTH the head and neck mods.. because if just the neck mod makes the figure look like this:

tdk9.jpg

Photo Credit: Tin

And just the Head mod makes the figure look like this:

_MG_2478-1.jpg

Photo Credit: rismo

Then maybe both of those mods will make the figure closer to looking like this:

tdkbatman02eo9.jpg

good point. if only they had rismo paint their figs with that kind of mods, it would be excellent :cool:

Batman Forever and Batman Begins got it right. Joe Chill killed Bruce's parents in both movies which was great :D

how do you mean got it right? Forever and Robin were direct sequels to the first 2 movies...

And Joe chill killed Bruce's parents in Begins only.

yep he's hush now. pretty stupid right? and there isn't much to talk about with medi bats unless one of us orders one :monkey1

If you don't have anything productive to add to the Medi Batman discussion, don't post until you do have something worth saying that's on-topic.

indeed, don't post just to post or to make yourself interesting, because at this time, you are not.
Have somthing relevant to say on topic or don't say anything at all if you go on like this
So for the last time, can you please go on topic now, the most irritating thing is you keep attacking people on their reply and you dont want us to say that you are behaving very childish, but just stop and look at your replies and you understand why some get annoyed by you.

Did you forget my tip already? chill down and enjoy the board without insults or attacks please, Thank you. :)
(look this is a kind reply, I hope you reply kindly too)

EdwardNygma1 please stop causing trouble.
I'm here to view and discuss the Medicom Batman figure, you seem to be here to disrupt that. This thread will be locked, like many others, because of board members such as yourself who show up and act immature.
If you want to be treated with respect then please respect the other member on this board. thank you

it would be stupid to lock this tread just because of the doing of one person...
the mods can always lock or block his account, that would be much better.

If he can't change, ge must go, and if necessary with force.

But untill that, let's give him one last chance to adapt the rules of the board shall we :)
Let us show him how forgiving and understanding we can be ;)

Last edited:
Hot toys Bruce Wayne head fit on medicom batman neck.

mbatbrucewayne02.jpg

mbatbrucewayne03.jpg

mbatbrucewayne04.jpg

mbatbrucewayne05.jpg

I know these photos were posted a few pages back. But I jaw just dropped when I saw them. Awesome work as always Agen! Bravo bravo! *clap clap*

I'm surprised how well the Hot Toys head fits onto the Medicom body though. You think that it was intentional? Because Hot Toys heads don't normally fit on Medicom figures do they?

:lol it's funny because almost all the points you made are exactly what I would say about both of the Joel Schumacher Batman films. Obviously just replacing names. Specifically for Batman Forever:

Well, for one, it's directed by Joel Schumacher. I hate his take on the Batman universe. Which is kinda weird because this is the same guy who directed The Client, Falling Down and Flatliners before he did Batman. To me, his decision to make things over the top and campy ruined the series (until the reboot with Chris Nolan). Batman Forever was basically an episode of "In Living Color" featuring ONLY Jim Carrey, acting like he always does with Batman occasionally wandering into frame looking lost.

Jim Carrey played Riddler in such an over the top, full-bore manner that he made Frank Gorshin look like he was sedated and in a coma by comparison. There were no layers, it was just all wacky, all campy all the time. It was more Jim Carrey being Jim Carrey than Riddler. Not to mention Jim basically did the same exact shtick in "The Mask" which came out the year before. I can't stand the portrayal.

Two-Face was an abomination. It seemed like they took what was done with Joker in the first film and just threw Two Face in there, for some reason. Not to mention, there's no difference between Riddler and Two-Face in that film. Every scene with those two together is like a contest to see who can overact the most and be the bigger ass clown. And every scene is a TIE. Terrible.

Nicole Kidman was surprisingly decent, but unfortunately, Debi Mazar and Drew Barrymore as the Sugar and Spice duo were friggin' terrible.

Lets see... Chris O'Donnel was more annoying than fingernails on a chalkboard because they made him have teen angst even though he was obviously a grown ass man. Seriously, dude was like 25 and LOOKED IT.. he wasn't a kid. You can use as much suspension of disbelief as you want dude is still GROWN. Yet they still had him acting irrational and immature, and being taken in and taken care of by Bruce Wayne LIKE A KID (like in the comics). That's where all the gay talk surrounding this film stems from. That and the atrocious nipples on the Batman and Robin costumes.

U2 did the title track which was/is garbage, and in general, Batman Forever is miserable drivel with NO redeeming qualities. Not even with Val Kilmer as Batman since he just dialed it in. He wasn't happy with the script, the director or the direction of the movie (focusing on the Villains as opposed to Batman) so he played the role with absolutely no enthusism and it showed.

Yeah too bad Forever got it wrong with Two-Face being responsible for the Grayson family being murdered. That's Jason Todd's aka the 2nd Robin's story. Not the first Robin (Grayson).

...hence why I said I would rather not watch ANY of them. ;)

Nygma: it's cool and all that you're here and wanting to contribute, but you really have to learn to just let stuff roll off your back. It's all typing on a screen, it doesn't affect your daily life. Also, if the new generation doesn't care about punctuation and correct grammar, that really doesn't give me too much hope for the future. :lol

It works both ways though, guys. If every post referencing his wouldn't contain the word "kid", I'm sure things would calm down quickly. That kind of crap is only exacerbating the situation, and it's also quite hypocritical.

The belt isn't all that bad compared to some pics posted. The stomach seems a pain to futz for getting that dent away. As it keeps on bouncing back into it's regular position.

I can't get over how slender this fig is.

It's still taller than Iron Man maybe about half a centimeter on it's thinner stand compared to Hot Toys stands, the ears anyway. Yet I still have him somewhat leaning back.

I think I might do the mods at a later date. Neck and head. First I want to make sure I know everything thats to be done, and get the right paint for the skin tone and such before anything drastic is done. Especially don't want to start it having just owning it.

I'll need to make sure I've done all the research there is. Definitely don't want to ruin it.

3512922920_64d46aa538.jpg
3512922922_e760c2bb36.jpg

3512922928_7732080eea.jpg
3512922924_74712399a5.jpg

The medi head actually looks mighty fine on the HT body. It's probably not worth it, as the medi has a fantastic body anyway, but it still looks good!

If Hot Toys can make their Bat head larger like this on the DX figure

002usp.jpg

And slim up the body's width a bit more and get the depth and all of the body and armor like Medi, that'll be the ultimate TDK Batman.

I'm SO glad Medicom did such a great job on this piece (although its far from perfect) Hot Toys must be feeling the heat now and thats exactly what the collector should want.

A good competetion = amazing pieces and happy collectors.

I'm SO glad Medicom did such a great job on this piece (although its far from perfect) Hot Toys must be feeling the heat now and thats exactly what the collector should want.

Yeah competition can only be good for us fans:D

Exactly, if there wasn't a DX Batman planned, I'm sure there is now, and I'm sure HT's realizing sonar eyes and posable cape are not enough, they need to step up the look of the entire figure to Medi's level or better. Rare to say it, but Medicom has set the bar for a TDK Batman, even if the bar can be even higher, they've set the highest one yet.

So, what you're saying is, if Hot toys made a figure, EXACTLY like medi's, it would be the best?

Why not just get Medi's?

No, I'm saying if they get right what Medicom did. Medicom's is flawed without the mods. HT should be able to deliver a figure of the modded/repainted/updated Medicom level or better.

I'm not spending the money for Medi's figure because I don't want to deal with the mods and I don't like the look of the portrait without them.

Back