Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey just wondering what the stock cape is like, does it have wires in it? how it is held in? and is it easy to put the takara cape on him?
and also how is the head/neck modding done?

The Stock cape has wires in it, and looks nice to me from photos. But I wouldn't know how it fares, and how easy it is to put the Takara cape on it since I don't have it yet.

It's sewn on but not very nicely. Sitting on top of the small carbon kevlar plates rather than going below.

The stock cape is a pain in the backside to futz/sit/display. It's very springy. Causing it to look superman short and spring away from the body creating this huge gap. Making you think the cape is too small.

3677739783_135d17364c.jpg

When properly futzed it is floor length. It'll take more than 2 minutes to get it like that. As I said it's a real pain to work with.

3677739801_ba4fa361a2.jpg

If you're going to alter the cape cutting and fishing is required. You have to slit two fine holes behind the curvy kevlar plates where the Hot Toys cape would normally enter with a fine knife to feed in a custom cape once you have fished out the leatherette parts that is fed in where the cape is glued in and sewn on.

The head/neck mod is done with foam/hot water or a heat gun.

Neck: take head off, there a little opening on the neck and fill it with cotton wool or foam.

Head: heat it up with boiling water, gently squeeze as it becomes pliable. Hold in position until you're happy with the correct width and run it under cold water till it hardens up while holding it in the correct position so it doesn't pull back in. Sadly though the base of the head may come apart due to the heat.

Or use a heat gun/ hair dryer... and squeeze gently. Someone else went down this route.

It does required drastic modding.

But once modded, the end result is the most accurate looking TDK suit batman figure there is IMO. The only thing the DX has on this is the head / faces / PERS, and the accessories.

But once modded, the end result is the most accurate looking TDK suit batman figure there is IMO. The only thing the DX has on this is the head / faces / PERS, and the accessories.

I don't know about you, but the smiling face is of no use to me :lol

Agree though, it does have accessories that this one would doesn't. But you can always buy them loose on ebay when the DX comes out :D

Yeah thats what I want, so it just goes straight on there without the need to mod it?, looks excellent that way

nope, no need of any modifications. just put the head on medis neck, and voila :)

and if you want to put some foam on to his head, yeah then you have to cut it off. but there are some other ways to modify him.

for the neck, you'll see it better when you have him in hand. it's really easy to put foam in to his neck, even a 3 year old child can do this, but beware, it's like a black hole, you put and put and put and put soooooooooo much foam in the neck, you can't believe it. i couldn't when i have done this. such a small area, but it absorbs so much foam.

You guys reckon I could cut up an old hasbro talking vader cape and stuff that in those slots and have it look alright?

Yea got him the other day, but not aloud him till xmas, I did however open him up and have a little peak haha, hes pretty good

Back