Medicom Death Note RAH's

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcummins

Universal MODster
Reaction score
The Medicom Death Note RAH's are up for pre-order, along with the Ryuk VCD that was an exclusive in Japan! Nice price too!! Only about $4 more than Hobby Link Japan, so retailer price will be cheaper than you could buy them from a lot of Japanese retailers! Thank you Sideshow... and Medicom too!

I haven't seen Death Note, I don't watch a whole lot of Anime, it looks pretty cool though. Is this available on DVD Lonnie?

I have seen and love Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vampire Hunter D, Fist of the North Star, Ninja Scroll etc. Do you think it might be something I'd like?

I liked Death Note, but didn't love it. I went ahead and put myself down for Light and L. I'm not a Misa fan at all, and I don't care for Ryuk enough.

I haven't seen Death Note, I don't watch a whole lot of Anime, it looks pretty cool though. Is this available on DVD Lonnie?

I have seen and love Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vampire Hunter D, Fist of the North Star, Ninja Scroll etc. Do you think it maight be something I'd like?

Death Note anime hasn't been released in the US, but all the comics have released by Viz. It's not an action series at all, it's supernatural crime/suspense series. It's pretty much about two smart guys trying to out smart each other.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_note

I have seen and love Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vampire Hunter D, Fist of the North Star, Ninja Scroll etc. Do you think it might be something I'd like?

Here you go, and they are even having a sale...

https://www.discountanimedvd.com/pr...sp?cate=2361&gclid=CJvwhKabtY0CFR8TOAodFHfuLQ

Based on your list, I think you would like it... and if you don't like subtitles, the American release begins in November.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=4371&source=home_flashPreorder

I'm sorry. But I just cannot see why the heck this figure is $125. The $45 Dead figures have more accessories (and Clothes, no shoes?) than this figure. I'm sorry but this is what is wrong with Medicom. And don't give me "its an imported figure" line, because EVERY figure is imported unless its made in the country selling it. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the rant, but this just rubbed me the wrong way and had to get it off my chest.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=4371&source=home_flashPreorder

I'm sorry. But I just cannot see why the heck this figure is $125. The $45 Dead figures have more accessories (and Clothes, no shoes?) than this figure. I'm sorry but this is what is wrong with Medicom. And don't give me "its an imported figure" line, because EVERY figure is imported unless its made in the country selling it. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the rant, but this just rubbed me the wrong way and had to get it off my chest.
A question: have you ever owned or played with a Medicom figure?

I'd like to see these come in around $100 or so, but $125 is not that outlandish for the quality that you're getting. The Medi body (aside from being fragile) pwns Sideshow's Art S. Buck, and the tailoring is almost always phenomenol. (Not trying to start another Sideshow vs. Blah-Blah argument, as those have been done ad infinitum, ad nauseum. I love both company's products, but, in general, Sideshow figures are not quite as high in quality when it comes to clothing and base body as Medicom's, as you would expect in the price difference.)

I'm expecting the reason these are going for more than, say, the Spiderman 3 figures is an economy of scale issue... these are/were produced in much lower quantities so the individual price is higher.

The price differential is not really because it's an "import", since this is about the same retail price as they are in Japan.

Needless to say, I pre-ordered three out of the four. Hopefully I'll be able to swing all three when the time comes.

man the stuff displayed, and reading the description on SS's website about the show, has me wanting to watch this stuff.

I'm really liking the Jun Planning Rem figure.

I just managed to, um, procure the complete anime with subtitles, so I'm going to watch it before I get to set on ordering all this stuff, but I'm getting the gut feeling this may be my favorite anime since Serial Experiments Lain and Neone Genesis Evangelion, though those are some pretty big shoes to fill.

(Now why is there no Medicom Lain?)

Oh, and I forgot about FLCL, that was pretty awesome too (though totally ridiculous).

i think the Vol. 1 DVD is out now, I need to pick this up. the concept is interesting.

just finished watching fansubs of the anme, and am currently reading the manga. Nice to know where "just as planned" came from.

Spoiler:

Light = Tzneech ( you win a million internets if you get the reference :rotfl)

Seriously though, Got Light on the waitlistm should I try to get one now, or wait? do the medicom anime figures tend to go crazy in price after they come out, or what?

The Light and L RAH Death Note figures are being re-released in June by Medicom; I'm not sure if Misa is as well. They are starting to turn up for pre-order already (Hobby Search has already sold out again), so if you are still looking for these, start looking at your favorite retailers now!

I want the Ryuk figure. But it is sold out at SS!

BTW, I was reading this book called "Death Note Fatally Fun Facts." It helps clear up some confusing stuffs in the stories.

Back