Medicom Darth Vader Version 2.0 RAH 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't see why you couldn't use a KP-02 body and select parts from the Medi and SSC Vader. The SSC Vader was too tall on the Prometheus, the Medi, too short. The KP-02 is the perfect height in the middle.

I just don't see why you couldn't use a KP-02 body and select parts from the Medi and SSC Vader. The SSC Vader was too tall on the Prometheus, the Medi, too short. The KP-02 is the perfect height in the middle.

Yes. A KP-02 body would be great but let's stop to think for just a minute as to what Medi parts would look way too small on that body. All of them.

Lets start with the bodysuit. Nope can't use it. It would never fit over the KP body without the entire suit ripping and crumbling. Believe me. I tried using a tall Han Solo buck body which is way thinner and less broad shouldered than the KP.

The Medi helmet/head is small even for Medi. Not even the Medi Jedi Luke head could fit inside it. That's small. Realistic proportions put a larger mans head being larger than his smaller counterparts. Let alone the helmet which needs to be much larger to accommodate a larger head.

The chest armor. I'd venture to say the chest armor would not even fit over the bulky shoulders of the KP because its molded to fit a smaller Medi body. Unless you heat it and bend it. Then it would fit. But I don't think the proportions would look right. It would look smaller than the chest armor in the pics of the new Vader.

Chest box. Too small.

Cape? Way too short.

Under tunic/skirt? Too short.

Gloves? If he was supposed to have baby hands.

Cod piece? Wouldn't fit around the waist.

Belt with boxes? Same thing.

Boots? Too small.

Shin guards? Eh. Maybe.

So there we have it. But 2 $250.00 figures to cannablize the shin guards.

:)

Has anyone tried the SS or Medi parts on the Hot Toys Chris Reeve figure?

Chris

Has anyone tried the SS or Medi parts on the Hot Toys Chris Reeve figure?

Chris

Was going to try that mod on my SS ANH version but then I sold it to preorder the new SS one. It looks to be similar in size and scale to the KP body. Only difference is the arms are a bit smaller in the muscle department but have better articulation. The Medi jumpsuit would never fit on the reeve body.

Hmm I was under the impression the 2.0 was slightly larger scaled than the 1.0. I figured you could bash some loose SSC parts from Toy Anxiety rather than buying the whole figure since the bashing worked successfully making a hybrid Fett.

Got my 2.0 today- very cool figure. Only down side is he's missing the hook, on his right side, to hold the cape one. I'll have to sew it in place now.

d48f4cf0dde211e292a722000a1f97f4_6.jpg

Here's my Medi-Vader!

Thinking about getting this, but not sure.

Light up saber is very cool, I'd give it to my SS Vader though.

I'd like this one to do a sort of Mythos Vader pose.

How does the size compare stood next to a HT or Sideshow figure?

Thanks!

There is something incredibly goofy looking about the mask/dome on this Vader.

The Shaw sculpt is phenomenal though.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I saw him on display at frank n sons, posed with some hot toys and sideshow. He looked pretty good quality wise, but he is so small.
If scale concerns you, you cannot pose him with those guys.

Thanks for the info.

Guess I'll pass on him.

It's a spectacular figure.

For the most part, Medicom is hated on these boards. You won't find anyone who actually owns the figure saying anything other than this figure rocks.

He is not as ridiculously oversized as the SideShow version (ANH), but nowhere NEAR as tiny as some members here would lead you to believe.

The "incredibly goofy-looking facemask"? False. FAR more accurate than the SideShow version (ANH). Without mods.

183.jpg

Don't know what to do now!:gah:

I'd love the light up sabre for my Sideshow Vader and I'd love this one for the Mythos style pose.

No offense to the person who posted these pics but this is a prime example.The mask just looks goofy to me. Pretty awful looking really. It's a shame because the rest is pretty cool. Except for the the chest box which looks cheap.

It's funny how defensive people get over Medicom. Notice how he jumped on the fact that I said something bad about it but looked over what I said good about it.

Oh, and I'm not sure how an opinion can be "FALSE". Don't listen to any of us Paramore, just look at the pics and decide for yourself.

And if you're going for the Mythos pose I think it would look great. Just as long as he doesn't have that hideous mask on. :lol But that's for you to decide. :duff

Last edited:
I've decided against getting him.

Looking back through the pics he looks scrawny.

For now I'm happy with my ANH Vader. I'd rather he was a bit oversized than under. It's Darth Vader, he's supposed to be big and imposing right?

Yes I did notice your praise for him was overlooked, I too really like that sculpt.

I may get the new ROTJ one for the Mythos pose and find a light up sabre elsewhere.

That's what I went for (the mythos pose) with mine. I really like the figure much better, in that particular pose. :D

My biggest gripe with this guy are the solid colored light up parts on his chest plate and belt. The solid green really bothers me because it looks stupid. If they had made those transparent but still colored they would at least appear as if they could light up.
The solid colors to imitate the lights kills the virtual movie scale realism for me.
Also, the voice effects are not wanted.
Kind of like the kinect built into xbox one.

It's a spectacular figure.

For the most part, Medicom is hated on these boards. You won't find anyone who actually owns the figure saying anything other than this figure rocks.

He is not as ridiculously oversized as the SideShow version (ANH), but nowhere NEAR as tiny as some members here would lead you to believe.

The "incredibly goofy-looking facemask"? False. FAR more accurate than the SideShow version (ANH). Without mods.

183.jpg

Awesome shot. How did you get your light saber to be so bright???

Back