Medicom Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I am having a difficult time trying to decide whether to purchase the Darth Maul PF or the Darth Maul mythos.

I currently have the Darth Vader Mythos so I am thinking that the Darth Maul would look beside him. However, I really do enjoy the size of PF's more.

Can anyone who has one or both please share their opinion.

Well I just bought a second hand reissue/version 2.0, and sure enough the shoulders started cracking with moderately extreme posing :mad:. So, I'm in the process of converting Maul over to a TTM22 slim, and I thought I'd post some progress shots. I know a few members have already done this with a DX02 body, but I don't recall anyone using the slim neck as well. Anyhooo...cutting off his neck was the most nerve-racking, as it actually came off like butter with an exacto-knife . I epoxied a TT socket into Maul's head to fit it to the TT neck. Medicom foot pegs were trimmed short and wrapped in shrink tubing to fit into the TT ankles. TT wrist pegs seem to work just fine with the Medicom hands. So basically no mods to the TTM22 body were needed.

I have a black TT slim neck (from a HT Batman Begins Demon) and some black TT wrist pegs on order, and that should leave all the exposed parts in black once Maul is clothed and decent again :p.
headcut_zpsivusf9wq.jpg

headplug_zpsef6ac73f.jpg

headplug_zpsre9w***e.jpg

backbend_zpskrkzc9bi.jpg

sidebend_zpsagwgft9x.jpg

frontbend_zpsdm3cldyq.jpg

ankles_zpsqmiojctt.jpg

Just for fun, Maul in his new body posing with PixelPiper CCFL sabers, that I customized to be splittable (epoxied some 6mm neodymium magnets on the hilt ends). LOVE the paint and eyes on this guy's headsculpt!
sabers1_zps6phuf51o.jpg

sabers2_zpst1dz2wj1.jpg

sabers3_zpsnk3kkwpw.jpg

That looks great Phoenix ;) I got the medicom figure last week and modded the neck last night, I agree it was nerve racking, I've never done anything like that before but I'm pretty happy with it :)

925c84b2beaa4b77a325416a69ffcfc8.jpg

995a4af54b65a1cf1710c8228e45bfb7.jpg

Great shots Fonky! Looks like a standard TT neck, what body is that attached to? How did you attached the head to the neck?

Now I have to get a SS pleather belt, that looks great up close.

Thanks ;) Yeh it's a standard tt neck, I'm just waiting on a slim one to arrive. The body is from the Panzer Jager figure that I had spare, its bigger than the medicom body but the clothing went on easy enough.

That looks great Phoenix ;) I got the medicom figure last week and modded the neck last night, I agree it was nerve racking, I've never done anything like that before but I'm pretty happy with it :)

925c84b2beaa4b77a325416a69ffcfc8.jpg

995a4af54b65a1cf1710c8228e45bfb7.jpg

Great work on your maul,looks fantastic!:clap Must try and do the same with mine. Can any black coloured neck post be used?

Thanks matrix :) I'm using a DX09 89 Batman neck at the moment, but I've ordered a slim Demon Batman neck which I think will fit better as it is slimmer.

Funny, these are the same 2 necks I've ordered to try out :).

I believe the black spiderman 3 neck is identical to the DX09 neck, if you like the thicker neck look.

Thanks matrix :) I'm using a DX09 89 Batman neck at the moment, but I've ordered a slim Demon Batman neck which I think will fit better as it is slimmer.

Great mod guys! Maul looks great!

I have been wanting to switch my Maul too. Broke his leg of course because I forgot about those joints.

Has anyone considered the new short HT Storm trooper body?

The HT Storm Trooper has padding and from what I can see so you might struggle getting the clothing on especially around the forearms.

Finally got the demon batman neck on. Works ok, better than the thick neck. A bit shorter than the TTM22 neck, so not perfect.
I also realized the Medicom belt is much more in scale than the SS one, so I kept it on and added some silver paint to the rivets.

maul2_zps34owlzpk.jpg

maul1_zpsfqneljj8.jpg

maul3_zpslj1xjdbh.jpg

I've pretty much finished mine now, the awesome lightsaber is made by Triton [emoji3]

2478249e80eb54bae90e68c3021dd0fd.jpg

b732b02c02a31d8d07ab5017fef1bf03.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Back