Medicom Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MY GOD I have only a marginal interest in this character but damn these pics are absolute POISON! I am about >this< close to ordering one.

I usually try to take a neutral stance between SS and Medi stuff, but damn...

You cannot deny how rad this expression is:

image2949.jpg

Isn't the callous sculpt just a recast of the GG statue?

The recast was the base but he also resculpted parts of the face. The Medicom sculpt looks closer to the Callous one than I originally thought but I still don't think it's quite as good though the overall figure is fantastic.
I'm going to get 2 RAH Maul's so I can display one with the stock head and the other in a different pose with the DarthCallous head.

MY GOD I have only a marginal interest in this character but damn these pics are absolute POISON! I am about >this< close to ordering one.

I usually try to take a neutral stance between SS and Medi stuff, but damn...

You cannot deny how rad this expression is:

image2949.jpg

That looks much better than some of the photos I've seen...

Nicely futzed like that almost makes me want to buy one...

ALMOST...

I don't like the top of his head. It makes him look weird. Like a kid or something.

He still looks good. Kind of makes me think of getting him and doing a kitbash between Medi, SSC (the belt atleast) and Callous's Maul head.

I like the way they did the wrist joints. Sideshow should do the same with figures who have long gloves.

The Callous head looks great. I hope that someone who either has or is getting all three Maul sculpts (medi, callous, SS) will give us some detailed comparison and pics.

Imo, I think the Callous head is a bit more accurate when it comes to Ray Park's likeness, but the Medi Maul is still amazing. It's the best factory maul sculpt/paint job so far.

The expression on the final figure is defined by the paint, the same sculpt can look equally menacing with an alternate paint job.

Back