Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread

Maglor said:
Without even a seconds hesitation, this became my new wallpaper. :lecture
Wow! Glad that you like it!
It a really nice compliment! :)

Great job RISMO
WOW!!!! THAT IS AN AWESOME REPAINT! REALLY GIVES THE FIGURE A MORE SCREEN ACCURATE LOOKE. LOOKS MORE ACCURATE THAN DX-02

That is awesome.... Really upgrades the figure to another level

_MG_2530.jpg
_MG_2529.jpg

The unmodded one is going to get a repaint, widened head, thickened neck, new cape, and HT belt. I'll take some pics when he is done.
[/QUOTE]

Dont tell me this is the same head... :horror

New version look much better!

Hi, I'm interested in picking a 1/6 Batman and I was surprised when the Medicom version was recommended! From the pictures I have seen it does look good but I have a couple of questions and I hope someone can help me:

i) Are there any QC problems I should be aware of? Joint breakages? Suit tearing etc

ii) I read somewhere it does not have a rubber body - is this true?

iii) does this figure's height taller than Hot Toy's Joker - does it look out place like half a head taller?

Appreciate the help guys! :)

i) None so far with mine, but I'm pretty gentle.

ii) Appears to be vinyl

iii) Same height as HT V1, so it's pretty well scaled to the Joker, although Batman's hands are slightly smaller.

batmeda.jpg

batmedb.jpg

Just keep in mind that it is only a great representation with lots of potential if you are willing to mod it. This and the MeDX thread is proof for that.
If I had to do the min to make it acceptable.
- widen & repaint head is a must
- replace belt with HT one & custom cape are cheap and easy ways to improve it further

quick recap of my bats (Medi is the one on the right but with improved head and HT chest armor)
shutup.jpg

The Batman Professor - thanks so much for the pictures and replying to my questions! I will be getting the Medicom one.

Its the vinyl material and how good it looks that has me sold!

Geil - that picture of the batmen is amazing! Likewise the mods on the Medicom Batman! He looks the best of the bunch IMO! How do I widen the head? If its too difficult, I will take the toy in its original form.

The Batman Professor - thanks so much for the pictures and replying to my questions! I will be getting the Medicom one.

Its the vinyl material and how good it looks that has me sold!

Geil - that picture of the batmen is amazing! Likewise the mods on the Medicom Batman! He looks the best of the bunch IMO! How do I widen the head? If its too difficult, I will take the toy in its original form.

I've had the Medi and did just about every mod that could possibly be done (and trust me the list is loooong!) to it to bring out it's awesomeness. SO here are a few pics for your enjoyment of my old Medi Bats

SAM_0958.jpg

SAM_0616.jpg

SAM_0594.jpg

SAM_0569.jpg

BUT I parted it out and currently own the DX. but to be honest if I was into collecting high end when the HT TDK line started, I would've just bought the V1 over the medi and wouldn't of bothered with the DX to be honest. Would've just bought the extra pieces to add to the v1 though that seems quite impossible now or just too expensive. For some reason, even with it's flaws, I prefer the V1 cowl and poseablity since I love to pose my figures instead of keeping them in a stoic position.

I never did it myself as I had Seb do it and paint the mouth part :p
It's somewhere earlier in this thread but I think some have done it by forcing two screws into the inside of the head, others have put the head in hot water and then compressed the head until looks wide enough and then set it by putting it into icewater.
oh another thing to do that is cheap to do is to stuff up the suit with cotton or similar to give it the proper shape.... no not just down there

The suit material is my favourite thing about the Medi, I hate the rubbery feel and look of the HT versions. So much so that I just sold my DX.

I've had the Medi and did just about every mod that could possibly be done (and trust me the list is loooong!) to it to bring out it's awesomeness. SO here are a few pics for your enjoyment of my old Medi Bats

BUT I parted it out and currently own the DX. but to be honest if I was into collecting high end when the HT TDK line started, I would've just bought the V1 over the medi and wouldn't of bothered with the DX to be honest. Would've just bought the extra pieces to add to the v1 though that seems quite impossible now or just too expensive. For some reason, even with it's flaws, I prefer the V1 cowl and poseablity since I love to pose my figures instead of keeping them in a stoic position.

Dude, thanks for the pictures! Because of the above pictures I went through this entire post and your mod work is amazing! IMO it looks better than the DX Batman! I salute your skills!

I was thinking of picking up the V1 but I'm so sick of rubber bodies or anything rubber...looking at the damage on my friends' Rocky and Rambo figures put me off the V1! :(

I never did it myself as I had Seb do it and paint the mouth part :p
It's somewhere earlier in this thread but I think some have done it by forcing two screws into the inside of the head, others have put the head in hot water and then compressed the head until looks wide enough and then set it by putting it into icewater.
oh another thing to do that is cheap to do is to stuff up the suit with cotton or similar to give it the proper shape.... no not just down there

Thanks once again for the reply but I'm wary of doing mod jobs! The boiling water trick is something I may try as it appears the less riskiest! LOL!

The suit material is my favourite thing about the Medi, I hate the rubbery feel and look of the HT versions. So much so that I just sold my DX.

Yeah...if the material is really vinyl, I will take it! For the amount I'm paying, the risk of the rubber suit tearing up putting me off! As long as the figure looks decent and has some articulation, I'm fine with it!

HT has manufactured some amazing figures, but their use of materials that degrade over the long haul is unacceptable given the SRP of these items. On another thread we hotly debated the use of protectants (like 303 Aerospace - which I recommend,) but if these were made with an eye toward long-term collecting, it wouldn't be an issue. The Medi is definitely made with better materials, so I think you made the right move.

I did the boiling water mod on the head, and it looks great.

Guys, I managed to get a Medicom Batman and I am so impressed by the figure! Thanks to everyone who have gave me their valued inputs!

I've seen both the HT versions and I feel that the Medicom version does look good enough for me. In fact I agree that further modifications can make it the best 12 inch Batman but I'm not going to risk it! LOL! He's definitely my fave figure right now!

The best part of the figure is that the suit is vinyl and I don't have to worry about the body tearing or being sticky over time. I just want a Bats where I can fiddle and pose (gently) without fear!

Grats on getting your bats Toyfan. Glad you end up going for the Medicom. I almost bought that instead of the DX last year cause I was torn on which one I like better. Eventually, I settled for the DX but the Medicom was close.
And like you said, with mods, I do think its the best DK bats.
I do suggest at least getting a velvet cape from Lance (lforigno). Huge huge huge improvement on the figure.

Here's my Medicom Batman repaint. This sculpt is spot on. Enjoy.

Factory paint job on the Left, My paint job on the right.
comparefront.jpg

compareleft.jpg

compareright.jpg

img3010.jpg

img3011.jpg

img3012b.jpg

img3013c.jpg

img3014fd.jpg

img3015d.jpg

Back