Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread

Nope. Everyone has said that and some people have even drastically modified theirs (cut open the suit and removed the cotton). The main thing everyone likes about the Medicom version is how slim it is and how good the cowl looks.

Sorry, havent really payed attention to what people have been saying. I just knew that people liked how thin the figure is and his cowl. I still love the figure tho

IMHO batman medicom looks miles better than joker medicom maybe it's the clothes on joker? I see a good headsculpt wanting to come out why'd they lower the price of batman and not joker?

The DX has already beaten Medicom in 2 areas so far: The shoulder pads are actually flat (no huge Medi-gap) and the belt is the correct color + accurate. I think as we get more and more clear pics you'll see how much the DX Batman puts the Medicom version to shame. And I'm talking about straight out the box, not modified.

The shoulder pad gaps on the medi can be removed by posing the arms correctly to eliminate the gap.

The belt on the medi is accurate in size and shape...Granted its the wrong colour...I repainted it...looks fine. the pics on the last few pages are box fresh from Thrustmaster nd I'm sure ull agree its looks great even without the repaint.

I never said Medi has beaten DX..how can i say that? no clear photos and it hasnt even been relased no -- i said it has tough competition

YellowJoshua said:
The shoulder pad gaps on the medi can be removed by posing the arms correctly to eliminate the gap.

Yes. But the pads aren't even attached down at the top and the strap from the chest armor to the shoulder pad isn't even there. All flaws. Can you hide the flaws? Yes. Doesn't mean they're not there though.

YellowJoshua said:
The belt on the medi is accurate in size and shape...Granted its the wrong colour...I repainted it...looks fine.

Everyone can't paint though. So that's a problem. Not to mention I've seen more people swapping the Medicom belt with the HT one than keeping the Medicom belt as is or re-painting it. So obviously either more people like that design or more people can't repaint the Medicom belt.

YellowJoshua said:
I never said Medi has beaten DX..how can i say that? no clear photos and it hasnt even been relased no -- i said it has tough competition

:rolleyes: Ok!? Where did I say otherwise!? You said "The DX has some serious competition" and I pointed out 2 areas that the DX Batman has already beaten Medicom at, imo.

this is the ^^^^ that amuses me the most on boards like these

Yes. But the pads aren't even attached down at the top and the strap from the chest armor to the shoulder pad isn't even there. All flaws. Can you hide the flaws? Yes. Doesn't mean they're not there though.

id rather have pads that are flawed than an entire fgure which is..i.e HT version

Everyone can't paint though. So that's a problem. Not to mention I've seen more people swapping the Medicom belt with the HT one than keeping the Medicom belt as is or re-painting it. So obviously either more people like that design or more people can't repaint the Medicom belt.

I can't paint at all..im not a customiser or artist or nothing..i just found some gold paint and a brush and went for it.

New HT DX version just announced...Medi still more accurate..dosent have cool light up features and backpacks etc but the costume/ armour is still as bad as the HT v1

Wow that figure looks bad.

Ok, have thickened the neck a bit and widened the HS... but in someway after 30 mins it goes back to the original shape?! Any suggestions how it can stay wide for a longer period? :confused:

mdk1.png

mdk8.png

mdk6.png

mdk3.png

mdk2.png

mdk4.png

mdk5.png

mdk7.png

A bowl of near boiling tap water or from the kettle. Once it's soft and pliable quickly run it under cold water while holding it into it's rightful position.

Thats how I done it. It held.

My backup was packing it's head full of thick foam so it couldn't pull itself in. As the foam was keeping it pushed out.

_______

I'm glad I got mine matching the interior shots to some degree of the proto images.

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited:

So like if you take this head from the figure and paint it and put it on the 02dx body would that figure be so awesome that it would be able to take over the world?

Can't get enough of this figure, but now the last shots till all the head mods, can't wait for it :)

medi-pod3.png

medi-pod.png

medi-pod2.png

and sorry for the crispy quality, I hate my cam :sick

Love that last shot. The abs on this really surpasses Hot Toys DX at the moment. Hot Toys is way too narrow, and lacking lots of detail on that area.

Can't get enough of this figure, but now the last shots till all the head mods, can't wait for it :)

medi-pod3.png

medi-pod.png

medi-pod2.png

and sorry for the crispy quality, I hate my cam :sick

You really liked the fig, man!:lol
And I agree with you. I used to prefer HT's one, but after seeing the pics of the Medicom Bats... much better. Hot Toy's is great, but Medi definetly wins. My only flaws are the poor pain in the mouth and belt and the small cape. But I really prefer this fig over HT.
But I think the DX Bats will BLOW IT AWAY!! just kidding:banana:monkey5

and the small cape.

The cape really isn't all that small if you pose it correctly. If you don't it creates a springy reaction making it look Superman knee length causing it to spring backwards.

3677739801_ba4fa361a2.jpg

Currently the Medi FIGURE is beating the DX imo...........not in paint tho

Back