Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread

Well i got my Medicom Dark Knight Figure today. I wasnt really wowed like I was hoping I would be but im not dissapointed.

Pros:
-Suit is really great. I like the coloring and materials they used
-Headsculpt is not bad (could be improved but still pretty good)
-I actually really like the belt.

Cons:
-The cape sucks. At first I thought it was a great Idea to have it wired and stuff but its not long enough at all.
-The Hands dont go all the way in. Doesnt bother me TOO much but I wish they could go in all the way
-The boots seem too small.
-You cant move the legs very well at all.

I really like the figure. Its an awesome centerpiece to my collection and its growing on me but something about it is just off

BTW does anyone know how to take the cape off? It looks like it doesnt come off without cutting it but I absolutley hate it

To remove the cape...simply take a firm grip near when it joins the body and begin to pull. it is only held in by glue on some plastic tabs. it comes away cleanly and leaves good holes for u to insert a new custom cape.

the hands...take a pair of pliers or a knife and simply remove the very tip of the peg making it shorter..it then slides into his arm further and does not stick out anymore. hope that helps

To remove the cape...simply take a firm grip near when it joins the body and begin to pull. it is only held in by glue on some plastic tabs. it comes away cleanly and leaves good holes for u to insert a new custom cape.

the hands...take a pair of pliers or a knife and simply remove the very tip of the peg making it shorter..it then slides into his arm further and does not stick out anymore. hope that helps

I have a question. When you remove the cape, the new one will go in there smoothly or do I need to do something? I guess what im saying is the old cape is in there connected with glue so do I need to glue the new cape? Im guessing no but I dont want to mess up anything

The hand peg idea worked great :joy

I have a question. When you remove the cape, the new one will go in there smoothly or do I need to do something? I guess what im saying is the old cape is in there connected with glue so do I need to glue the new cape? Im guessing no but I dont want to mess up anything

The hand peg idea worked great :joy

When i made my cape i made the area which i wud attach to the armour into slight points like ^ ^ ...i then pushed these points into the holes in the armour, i used a cocktail stick to poke the points in and it was done. no glue, no clips nothing. that was two months ago and it hasnt fallen out once and i have moved him around and picked him up a lot

The finished product.

Still finishing up the other hands/trim/finger tips and tweaking the grapple gun.

Though I'll still need to decide on what stand to make for it, still thinking of a MMX DX advanced type of stand with part diorama.

Of course not forgetting when viewed close up of the carbon kevlar detail:
watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited:

The finished product.

Still finishing up the other hands/trim/finger tips and tweaking the grapple gun.

Though I'll still need to decide on what stand to make for it, still thinking of a MMX DX advanced type of stand with part diorama.

Of course not forgetting when viewed close up of the carbon kevlar detail:
watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Really great work man!!:horror

It looks much better than the HT ver.

The way I hoped it turned out with the belt bronze, which it did as you can see better in these pictures also taken yesterday. Under normal lighting it appears like a flat matte gold (previous pictures) but in angled lighting or somewhat shaded/lighting peeking through at it like the real belt from the promo photos you see that gold piercing shine to the edges of the canisters and such. Giving that realistic metal. To me at least it gives the illusion it has weight to it. Not just some floaty bit of plastic hanging there.

3682630504_9e12ba54ba.jpg
3682630498_9569569972.jpg

3682630500_d67753dac4.jpg
3682630494_9569569972.jpg

The gun all matching and weathered up:

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Takara Batman with Hot Toys Bruce Wayne head.

I knew it, when I'll order the medicom one, HT will announce the DX :p

But when it arrived me today, I was so blown away by the quality of this figure. I really thought from some pics, that he is looking toyish, but now... he is really close to Hot Toys and I like the costume-materials much more than from Hot Toys.

Here are my first shots of the DK:

medicom1.png

medicom2.png

medicom5.png

medicom3.png

medicom4.png

Even absolutly unmodified he's looking so fine, never thought of that. Body-propotions are perfect and I really like his arms. And even his cape is really well done, good choice of material and fun with posing :)

I'm really happy I've ordered it now, and for 75$ it's every dollar worth!

But now, it's time for some modifications :D

Back