Medicom Blade RAH Version 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob

Super Freak
Reaction score
386552842_62a4831903_o.jpg

386552810_595243ded5_o.jpg

(Images courtesy of a member at Mediworld :) )

I'm already getting the first version for Christmas, but I might pick this up and keep the DVD one MIMB. I just hope it comes in a BOX this time, instead of a bag with plastic inserts...

Even though i'm not a blade fan i think it looks great and i'm glad medicom is coming out with all this comic stuff.

The ill Jedi said:
Meh, he's okay; I like my Marvel Studios Blade a lot more.

gal4-bladefig.jpg
Meh, the Marvel Studios one is 'alright' but a lot can be improved:
1. The gloss on his lips is terrible.
2. For a 'holster' they put one gun strapped to a rubber band on a belt.:monkey2
3. From what Ive heard, the body isn't all that great. Ive heard of him falling over often because of weak joints in the legs. :(
4. The coat and the vest don't sit right either.

The headsculpt looks exactly like Wesley Snipes, but a lot is left to be desired. That and he's more expensive nowadays....

don't really do it for me so this will be an easy pass. did they have problems securing rights for wesley or are they trying to make his face this constipated??

Seth Gecko said:
It's the cartoon/anime version like the first one.

Actually its based on the comic that was relaunched at the time of the movie, which is somewhat of a cross between the old comic book Blade and Wesley Snipes.

I'm glad that its being re-released though - the original looked brilliant but because of its ultra rarity the price was a bit insane.

Yup Like Seth said, these are all comic/cartoon inspired figures. Dont mix them up with the Wolverines of X3s, Ghost Rider Movie figures.

The blade is inspired from Bart Sears interpertaion of Blade. There was a version 1 where he had a neutral facial expression that was released with DVDs. I guess this is the normal release version with a different angry expression.

I quite like Blade 2.0 and as I was unable to get the first one since I wasn't into Medis at the time and the price was too high when I started collecting, I'm gonna take full advantage of this oportunity and make sure I net one for my collection.

I PREFER THE ONE THAT CAME WITH THE DVD...THE CLOSED MOUTH ONE.

Is it just me or is the body on Blade a bit more muscular than the one on the Punisher. If so - why aren't they using that same body on the Punisher ?

It's pretty hard to say. We'll have to wait for loose pics to have a closer look.
Maybe those with Blade ver 1 can clarify.

Jedi_Knight Rob said:
Meh, the Marvel Studios one is 'alright' but a lot can be improved:
1. The gloss on his lips is terrible.
2. For a 'holster' they put one gun strapped to a rubber band on a belt.:monkey2
3. From what Ive heard, the body isn't all that great. Ive heard of him falling over often because of weak joints in the legs. :(
4. The coat and the vest don't sit right either.

The headsculpt looks exactly like Wesley Snipes, but a lot is left to be desired. That and he's more expensive nowadays....
The head sculpt will fit a Dragon type neck post, so an extra $9 and you'd have a better body. Triad made an excellent replacement coat, but it's hard to come buy now. The worse aspect of the figure is the vest, it's too bulky and the clasps in the front are oversized and tend to stick out strait from the body. The weapons look poor as well.
I got mine for $45 or so the first day it came out, since then the price has skyrocketed. The only thing that's really good about the figure is the headsculpt, it looks identical to Snipes.

I'm liking this Blade figure the more and more I see it. I'd prefer the first version, but this one will do nicely.

Shai Hulud said:
I PREFER THE ONE THAT CAME WITH THE DVD...THE CLOSED MOUTH ONE.
Shai Hulud, Ditto!
blade1wk9.jpg

And yes, this is a photo of my personal Blade RAH figure.

Last edited:
LordAzrael said:
Is it just me or is the body on Blade a bit more muscular than the one on the Punisher. If so - why aren't they using that same body on the Punisher ?
Well, my Ver. 1 DVD Blade utilizes the 'Superhero' body, the same one that Medi used on Spiderman and Superman. It probably doesn't show because of the coat, but I can assure you, it's there. ;)

I prefer my Ver. 1 Medi Blade over the new one. The only thing the new one has over the Ver. 1 is that he has eyes. The First version only has red everywhere, no pupils or nothing. That and the sunglasses on the first version are cooler too. I can barely recognize Blade's likeness on the second version. That and he has a big head. :(

Back