Medicom Anakin Skywalker ROTS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Anakin ep3

Sam Jackson has a habit of working on every movie he's handed a script for.
In the last 18 years he's taken paychecks from these Oscar-avoiding gems...

Lakeview Terrace
Black Snake Moan
Snakes on a Plane
Freedomland
The Man
xXx: State of the Union
Coach Carter
Twisted
Country of My Skull
S.W.A.T.
Basic
xXx
The House on Turk Street
Changing Lanes
The Comeback
The 51st State
The Caveman's Valentine
Shaft
Rules of Engagement
Any Given Wednesday
Deep Blue Sea
The Negotiator
Sphere
Eve's Bayou
One Eight Seven
The Long Kiss Goodnight
Trees Lounge
The Great White Hype
Sydney
Fluke
Kiss of Death
Losing Isaiah
The Search for One-eye Jimmy
The New Age
Hail Caesar
Fresh
Amos & Andrew
Loaded Weapon 1
Juice
Jumpin' at the Boneyard
Strictly Business
Johnny Suede
The Return of Superfly
The Exorcist III
Mo' Better Blues
Betsy's Wedding
Def by Temptation
A Shock to the System

Don't get me wrong, he's a great actor and I like a lot of his performances, but to say he can save a film... We'll that's pretty bold :)

Man, that is a harsh list of films. Amazing that he can still be great in some movies, but with a litany of terrible film experience :lol

I guess you could say he's spent a lot of time practicing his skills :)

For the record, I hated Mace Windu. Absolutely hated him, but I think that was the point. IMO he was the most arrogant Jedi, and had he not been such an ass to Anakin, things would have turned out differently.

(Sam Jackson played him perfectly though)

Sam Jackson has a habit of working on every movie he's handed a script for.
In the last 18 years he's taken paychecks from these Oscar-avoiding gems...

Yes, but watching most of those movies with him in them, usually adds some entertainment value to the film. Watching Jumper, the Sam Jackson scenes were painful because just about every scene he was in, so was Haden.

Check him out in Shattered Glass and Factory Girl. He's a good actor who has been in a few bad films.

I liked the way he portrayed Anakin in AOTC and ROTS. Sure he wasn't this bad motorfinger who could easily turn into a Sith Lord, but I think that was the point. He was a very passionate and conflicted youth he grew into being a major hero in the eyes of the Republic, who through a combination of how Windu mistrusted him and how Palpatine constantly pointed out how much the Jedi don't trust him, was manipulated into turning to evil. Hayden Christensen's performance altered the way I saw Vader in the OT. Instead of seeing a totally evil guy, I see the ultimate victim, a man who is so equally emotionally torn apart as he is physically torn apart.

Back on topic though, I'm on the fence with the Medicom Anakin. I'll decide when I see it in person. The Han on the other hand is a must have. As is the Jawa.

I liked the way he portrayed Anakin in AOTC and ROTS. Sure he wasn't this bad motorfinger who could easily turn into a Sith Lord, but I think that was the point. He was a very passionate and conflicted youth he grew into being a major hero in the eyes of the Republic, who through a combination of how Windu mistrusted him and how Palpatine constantly pointed out how much the Jedi don't trust him, was manipulated into turning to evil. Hayden Christensen's performance altered the way I saw Vader in the OT. Instead of seeing a totally evil guy, I see the ultimate victim, a man who is so equally emotionally torn apart as he is physically torn apart.

Yeah, I think a doorknob could've done a better job honestly. Haden blamed the script for the "poor acting" but after seeing the rest of his body of work, he's one-dimensional. I think it was the other actors that surrounded him that really carried the movies, like Ewan's portrayal of Obi Wan. Hell, the voice actors in all of the games from AOTC through ROTS do a better job at portraying Anakin than he did.

As for the figure itself, I think it's rather silly that Medicom would produce a figure the same size as (and potentially taller than) their suited ROTS Vader. That's a huge FU to everyone who's been collecting their line to date by showing no size consistency in their newer releases.

EDIT: I can't even pose my ROTS Vader with my 501st Clone troopers. That's sad!

Last edited:

I like Hayden's Anakin. There a couple of dodgy scenes, but overall, I think he pulled it off nicely.

What I always wondered was in AOTC when Anakin gets back from 'slaughtering' the Tuskens and confesses this to Padme, why dosen't she think 'jesus, this guy is a Psycho' and run for the hills?

Both sucked. I watched some of ROTS last night my goodness was his acting terrible.

"Just help me save Padme, (looks down and tries to cry) I can't live without..."

*Shudder*

Both sucked. I watched some of ROTS last night my goodness was his acting terrible.

"Just help me save Padme, (looks down and tries to cry) I can't live without..."

*Shudder*

"No... I... love you.... more...." - CASE CLOSED!
William Shatner deserves an Oscar next to this guy. And I don't remember ever saying Jake Loyd was good, just that he was better than Haden. I've seen more emotion on fish!

What I always wondered was in AOTC when Anakin gets back from 'slaughtering' the Tuskens and confesses this to Padme, why dosen't she think 'jesus, this guy is a Psycho' and run for the hills?

Some of the hottest women I know are with guys who beat them, cheat on them and overall, treat them like $#!+. Then when you ask, "Why the $@#% are you still with him?!" as you're coldpacking their black eye and dabbing the blood from their split lip, they reply: "Because I love him!" :google :google :google :google :google :google :google :google :google :google So that doesn't surprise me at all.

Last edited:
Back