Medi-Com VS Sideshow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
carbo-fation said:
Come on people, you are fighting over dolls! Let your kids do the fighting and enjoy the dolls you have!
ACTION FIGURE DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carbo-fation said:
Come on people, you are fighting over dolls! Let your kids do the fighting and enjoy the dolls you have!

I don't think people are fighting. We are having a debate. Two different things. I started this thread to get opinions. So far I don't think anyone is fighting. I would like to see pic's of some medicom stuff though. Just please not the Luke. I think we should post side by sides. I would really like to see the differences for myself. I know this isn't the forum but I would really really like to see a pic of the Jack Sparrow figure Medicom did. That thing while pricey looks freakin awesome.

I won't be parting with my Capt. Jack anytime soon. Here is a quick shot of the sculpt, which I think is really good.

MedicomJackSparrow010.jpg

Somehow I know if SS had done this, we would have seen better belts and straps, that is one big downfall on this figure.

Medicom’s pricing structure is built around the Japanese market. Japan has a much smaller market then in, say America. They are made in a much more limited nature then American or Hong Kong manufactures (Hong Kong’s biggest market they target is outside of Hong Kong and I assume they get around this in there licensing contract).

Japanese figures usually cost a lot more because of this. Licensing rules also prohibit Medicom from making that many extra for exportation to other countries.

Medicom figures are really not made that much better then other figures. The reason for the high price is because they are very limited compared to Sideshow, dragon or DID.

Honestly Japanese figures are very over priced for the kind of quality you get. Just look at some of the figures coming out from Hong Kong companies like DID, Hot Toys, or Toy soldier. Those things are works of highly detailed insane art for almost half of what Medicom cost.

I dunno this post just kinda seems like a topic to start a war.And so far that isnt happening,and it makes me have faith in us geeks that don't bicker.(RS Anyone?)

Anyways i prefer medicom over SS but i like both.(it's really kind of stupid they both have their pros and cons)Can't wait to see how they handle boba.

I really don't get the height thing,if a figure is made so kick ass why would you care if it's a quarter inch half inch or even an inch or so smaller than another one of your other figs?(medi and SS do not belong together anyways)It's like some people make the medicom body out to be 8 inches tall:confused: MY stormie was just a little shorter than SS luke,and my spiderman just a little shorter than him as well.(and SS luke was just a llittle shorter than vader)I understand if you just GOTTA have the figures in scale,but if it's a great figure i say buy it!!!

anyways issues aside i'm actually proud/happy this isnt an all out ****-slingfest by now (page 5)and no more medicom VS SS just medicom and SS good post nash.

If you like the figure buy it.:cool:

I started this thread. It was never meant to start a geek war. Just to open up lines of communication between the differences in styles used between the 2 companies. I can appreciate the fact that people are even sharing their medicom pics. It lets us know whats out there. After all, we all collect things from different companies. Who cares. It's all the thrill of the hunt and the satisfaction we get everytime we look at our shrines of geekdom. Don't know if thats a word but it is definately relevant.

I don't choose one over the other. I just choose the best of each company.
When I buy a figure, I surely care who's the company that produce those items, but I can't say one is better than the other. Maybe I use to compare figures of the same character as we use to see in this forum (like Superman from Hot Toys and Medicom, Batman from Hot Toys, Medicom and Takara). Well, that's when I simply choose the best figure to me. Sometimes a character from Sideshow is better than other company and sometimes not. Sometimes, a character from Medicom is better than other company and sometimes not. Of course the same thing happens with Takara and Hot Toys.
As I said, to me, I just choose the best of each company.:D

One thing you can add for Medicom is that so far they have the single best 1/6 Darth Vader on the market. Sure he's a bit short, but barring that its an amazing figure. So nice, they made him twice :rotfl

It is nice to see some of my more earlier dare I say more colorful threads. :monkey5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back