MechWarrior Online

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FQRizzo

Super Freak
Reaction score
So there is a new free-to-play (F2P) MechWarrior game on the horizon. Now that the non-disclosure agreement has been lifted, I can talk about it here.

I've been playing it for the last month or so and I'm pretty addicted. If you've ever played any of the MechWarrior games, this game plays pretty similarly. The game uses CryEngine 3 and looks real purdy:

Launcher2012-10-0320-35-23-92_zps1f00dc95.png

Launcher2012-10-0320-31-45-58_zps11f73d96.png

Launcher2012-10-0320-31-52-39_zps53f5db0e.png

Launcher2012-10-0319-53-17-97_zps4b9fbf2a.png

Right now the game is in closed beta, and there are only 4 maps and 9-10 mechs, but more keep rolling out every month. Open beta is expected before the end of the year.

You can check out their site and register for the closed beta here:

MechWarrior Online

I will update this thread with more screenshots from time to time.

^Were you a beta tester for this game? I wonder how many mechs were cut. Marauder and Warhammer are a few of my favorites - but they were also the designs that were in question of copyright violations.

It's awesome that MechWarrior is making a comeback! Can't wait to download this.

^Were you a beta tester for this game? I wonder how many mechs were cut. Marauder and Warhammer are a few of my favorites - but they were also the designs that were in question of copyright violations.

It's awesome that MechWarrior is making a comeback! Can't wait to download this.

Yeah, I've been playing for the last month or so. Game has really improved even since then. All of the mechs are fun to play and customize (once you earn enough C-Bills).

Teamwork is paramount. Getting on a Teamspeak server and playing with a coordinated team is a blast.

I feel like picking up my old Battletech novels and reading them again.

By the way, did any of you ever play MechCommander? It's probably the only RTS game that I've ever played and actually enjoyed. The setting takes place before the events of MechWarrior 4.

[ame]https://youtu.be/2MQPWE_M_EM[/ame]

MechWarrior 4 intro:

[ame]https://youtu.be/vZWxgLQZano[/ame]

Open Beta for MechWarrior Online starts next week (October 16th).

You can sign up at the link in the first post.

Launcher2012-10-1019-02-25-83_zpsd82a7a0e.png

Any chance you know what the system requirements are for this game?

Any chance you know what the system requirements are for this game?

I'm trying to find them listed somewhere as they don't have an official list of system requirements yet.

What are your specs?

So, unfortunately, Open Beta has been postponed. It's probably for the best as a recent patch updated the game engine (CryEngine) and has caused a few stability issues.

Anyway here are some more pictures to look at:

Launcher2012-10-1622-59-46-98_zps90b49aea.png

Launcher2012-10-1622-57-28-40_zps739ee955.png

Launcher2012-10-1622-38-51-41_zps7fa1d38c.png

Launcher2012-10-1022-13-17-53_zpsba7d23e0.png

I got on and played 3 games. Just seemed extremely boring.

Every game is you walk in and the first guy exposed is immediately destroyed. I never once got xp for anything I did. Am I missing something?

I got on and played 3 games. Just seemed extremely boring.

Every game is you walk in and the first guy exposed is immediately destroyed. I never once got xp for anything I did. Am I missing something?

Having any fun apparently...

I hope the game is more entertaining than that (haven't tried it yet myself)

Trial mechs don't earn experience, so that would account for that part at least.

Back