McKellen Wants To Play Gandalf In 'Hobbit'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nessasita

Darth Critter's Mommy
Reaction score
WELLINGTON, New Zealand -- Ian McKellen, who played Gandalf the Wizard in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, is hoping to reprise the role in another tale from Middle Earth.

A fan asked McKellen on the actor's official Web site if he would play the role of Gandalf in "The Hobbit," which is being produced by Peter Jackson, director of the "Rings" trilogy.

"Yes, I will, if Peter Jackson and I have anything to do with it, he being the producer and me being, on the whole, a very lucky actor," McKellen, 68, said in a reply dated Wednesday.

Jackson reached a deal with New Line Cinema late last year to make two films of J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit," a planned prequel to the blockbuster "Rings" trilogy. Jackson will serve as executive producer for the "The Hobbit" movies.

Another fan asked: "Have you been approached yet by Peter Jackson or anyone else" to play the ancient Wizard?"

McKellen replied: "Encouragingly, Peter and (partner) Fran Walsh have told me they couldn't imagine `The Hobbit' without their original Gandalf."

https://www.thebostonchannel.com/entertainment/15732251/detail.html

Oops... planned on putting this in the LOTR section... mommynesia. :D

Yes it would not be the same... I already had a problem with a different Dumbledore with Harry Potter but the poor guy passed away ;)

Oops... planned on putting this in the LOTR section... mommynesia. :D

Yes it would not be the same... I already had a problem with a different Dumbledore with Harry Potter but the poor guy passed away ;)

Yea, Richard Harris had to be a drunk and die before the HP series was over with.

And martin freeman is my bilbo 100%

Thanks Ness,yeah i read that on TORN and there's a longer interview if anyone is interested.

Morgan is a great actor but pulling off a 3 foot caucasian with a penchant for drinking ale and smoking weed i just dont see it.:D

When i think of Morgan i cant help but see him in the role of Red.:cool:

That actually is a pretty good choice for Bilbo. Maybe they can do it like The Hobbit recounted from Bilbo's (correct) perspective and have Ian telling the story to a younger Frodo that way the more childlike elements are maintained but we still get a good LOTR like Hobbit.

No, we need people with talent not people that believe the most powerful technology in the universe is the A-Bomb.

Back