McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just something worth mentioning. In the latest issue of the comic, Kirkman states the upcoming Megabox contains his favorite figure to date. Whether that is Kirkman being in hype-man mode or genuine I don't know. Considering this came from the Walking Dead letter hacks, I'm guessing it confirms its a Walking Dead figure. McFarlane really isn't making much Skybound figures outside of Walking Dead, but its nice to know either way.

This month's theme is heroes and rick is on the box in his bomber jacket. I'd love to see a comic bomber jacket Rick so I'd be cool with that variant. Hopefully its not just an all white rick or something stupid again. If it is, I'm out for sure until something truly worth getting comes out.
What if the figure is Rick dressed as Negan from that variant cover? That would be cool and unique for something like this.
49da99bed0c06dbf93a359e3baf074bc.jpg

Hmm, hopefully you can order after they shipped out like the Negan box. Last time their scare tactics almost got me stuck with a black Negan so I don't want to chance it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I highly doubt its going to be a Negan Rick for multiple reasons. Firstly, that cover is far too recent for them to have been able to manufacture it into a figure when most new figures take roughly a year to produce. Even mixing and matching some existing parts on that look would be hard to accomplish and look right. Second, it not really going with the "hero' theme as it is basically a dark side Rick. That said, I think it WOULD be a great figure for them to do in the Megabox someday!

I finally caved and bought a Walgreen's Rick off of ebay as I've never found him and apparently Aaron should be hitting anytime now. He's probably the best Rick McFarlane has done in any scale. With the clean shaven look he didn't end up with McFarlane's horrible beard paint. I fear Negan will suffer from that too, so hopefully we'll get a clean shaven look for him too eventually. The bloody, messy hair head is great! And I can't help but think would an awesome variant they could make with the bomber jacket body. They could easily turn that into a Negan line-up Rick.

12-negan-rick-002.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.2x.jpg

Just paint on a light beard and he would be good to go. Might even try that myself with a second head and extra Rick body. I'd love to get the full Negan line-up some day. Would have made a cool building set if nothing else had they not killed that line. Weird they cancelled the walking dead and Game of Thrones sets but are going forward with cartoony sets instead.

Still haven't purchased a single 7in figure. Purchased Constable Rick online. It had been a long time since I last opened a new 5in figure. Miss the days when we had an entire wave to buy.

uSsx4CX.jpg

7gLbOQ7.jpg

DtLO8Vm.jpg

We have a 5" 3 pack with bloody variants of Rick, Michonne, and Daryl on the way.
53c003778e8e1eeb8077ae1d59a824f1.jpg

Bloody 10" Glenn also on the way.
a400118c3c562f0a25d845a8c3bac5e9.jpg

Strange they skipped 10" bloody Michonne.

Three pack is a Walmart exclusive apparently.... good sign to get the 5" back at regular retail.

Doesn't look like it's coming with a bloody smashed in head for Glenn. That's extremely disappointing.

Hopefully his head will have the same ball joint size as the comic one then. I can't imagine they don't have a variant with the eye popping head planned though. I'd like them to do a new Abraham as well. Everyone seems to gloss over him when we were speculating about who Negan killed for 6 months and Glenn was a surprise bonus kill.

^ I'm hoping that they will have the alt head for Glenn included BUT hidden so it cannot be seen while on store shelves and maybe not mentioned on the packaging. Kinda like how the "Blue" was not mentioned and somewhat hidden in that infamous Breaking Bad Heisenburg figure package that upset that "Sensitive Cindy" mom so much. I've never bought a duplicated TWD figure before including b/w variants, the wg wave w/ rv walker, extra bloody variants or the wv9 Daryl w/ grave marker but I was hoping this set would include an alt Glenn smashed head so I'd have an excuse to buy a 2nd to open and display loose. Well I did get the Dixon bros 2 pk but just for the Merle variant and the target/wg variants I did get as they were just different enough to justify it for me.

Back