McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always found "chase" items in these blind subscription boxes tacky and stupid. Like we are going to buy multiples for the 'chance.'

I'll be very likely canceling my future boxes that is for sure. If they want to give us brand new figures, fine, I'll bite, but this is just pathetic. Its not even a re-paint. Its a non-paint :lol And its not even something inspired by a panel in the comics or anything. Just pure laziness. Heck, and prisoner Negan with a haircut and shaved face would have been amazing compared to what they came up with. And I really don't see any other of their properties being able to carry this box idea. Even if the figure is always a Walking Dead figure and not Outcast or anything else, they'll struggle to keep this going. A walking dead box could do Ok if they straighten out the exclusive figures and offer decent merch.

Early Christmas Present from the Wife:)

31439609341_57c880c991_b.jpg

I'll be very likely canceling my future boxes that is for sure. If they want to give us brand new figures, fine, I'll bite, but this is just pathetic. Its not even a re-paint. Its a non-paint :lol And its not even something inspired by a panel in the comics or anything. Just pure laziness. Heck, and prisoner Negan with a haircut and shaved face would have been amazing compared to what they came up with. And I really don't see any other of their properties being able to carry this box idea. Even if the figure is always a Walking Dead figure and not Outcast or anything else, they'll struggle to keep this going. A walking dead box could do Ok if they straighten out the exclusive figures and offer decent merch.

Yeah. They have a lot of previous bucks to work with for the Walking Dead. If they aren't willing to spend the money on that I can only imagine what they won't do for Invincible or Outcast where they have much less to work with. I don't think these will last past the 1st year unless there is a serious price drop or more money put into it. I'm not seeing the current $90 to $100 value advertised..

Last edited:
Here's a look at the awesome all black Negan figure being included in the Megabox. It looks fantastic right?!
123fec6cbb85fe228f2ed23cd7205b63.jpg

In all seriousness, what the hell Mcfarlane. Huge slap in the face to their fans and to all collectors. It's awful. They didn't even try. It's a blatant cash grab and an extremely lazy one at that. Hopefully these boxes die after the first one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm 99% sure I'll be canceling my future subs. I thought I'd give them a chance, but its clear they just aren't putting any effort into this. This should be full of new, exclusive items and I feel its just easy variants of some existing stuff. And the unpainted, solid black Negan is just the last straw. No effort went into that. They need to at least do legit paint variants if they aren't going to just do full new figures like they seemed to indicate. And who even knows if the future figures will be Walking Dead. We might get a plain gray Outcast Kyle Barnes next box. I think I'll just pick up any possible figure on ebay if they ever get around to doing real figures before this gets cancelled. Guess they'll likely have to do 4 of these to fulfill the yearly subs (if any idiot did one) since they 'can't process refunds.' :rolleyes:

Did they ever give a reason why the building sets were cancelled? I was really looking forward to the alley set with Glenn they teased last year.

I will probably buy the bigger Negan but the pose is a little off putting because of the angle and how he could fall over even with a stand.

I might have to make Negan my first 10" figure. If they won't do TV Negan in 5" that's the next best option. Pose is a bit extreme but I think it works, especially for a statue. I mainly collect action figures but some poses are just really hard to achieve naturally so then a statue is superior.

I've also been tempted to get the Rick 10" figure but haven't pulled the trigger; is he worth getting or is he pretty meh?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Back