McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Daryl with bike set came in from Amazon, and it's pretty nice. Like last time the bike is really well detailed but I like the design more so subjectively it's nicer. Daryl is also a lot nicer this time around and the likeness is much better, even if it's still not perfect (which isn't helped by the 7" Daryl being just about perfect). Oddly enough the facial hair and eyebrows are painted grey. It's not that bad on the eyebrows and beard, but I painted the mustache area brown since it looked too weird. Not too many serious problems, the first being that you can't get him convincing on the bike, which seems to be mostly due to the fact that the handlebars are so low. The other is that it's difficult to get him holding the crossbow in two hands because the elbows are pretty limited. Overall it's a nice set and I'm glad we're still getting some 5" TV figures, even if they're far and few between.
c48a67a12b727435b061add4e9a1eaa5.jpg

e60e305ed593f8d90d54b8f246b95727.jpg

273ef76ad73065c425917121253f71d1.jpg

11995fc93045a2a2db3f4dd5455c8edc.jpg

c2656333e88d6ac21d43c38a5ce7d64d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow awesome. Definitely going to get that bike set this time around. Waiting on bigbadtoystore to get them in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Oh damn i hate those exclusives. My walgreens never get anything in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

We don't have a Walgreens here..guess I'm going to have to rely on scalpers. So McFarlane is basing his decision to carry on the 5" line on whether or not these two sell, yet he is alienating his Canadian and some of his US collectors by making them exclusive and not even an exclusive that's available to all.

Its McFarlanes choice..but no doubt a baffling one!

It was Todd's choice to axe the line in favor of the 7" line (and the building sets, which apparently retail axed for him). The toy buyer for Walgreen's (aka our hero) took it upon himself to try and keep the line alive with the two exclusive figures. If those sell well enough, he will be able to convince Walgreens Corporate to keep those going and thus keep the line of life support. So the exclusives are a good things right now. They are hopefully going to keep this line going while Todd works out his madness and brings the line back to full retail.

-Negan
-Dwight
-Jesus

Those are just three new characters that need figures ASAP! Not to mention Sasha, Rosita, Gabriel, etc that still need figures!

5" TV Negan, Dwight, Jesus and Rosita are my only must haves at this point.

I got the new Daryl and his bike a couple of days ago. I'm really happy with how Daryl came out. Its well done but I could careless about his bike. Kinda bittersweet knowing that is the the death of the main line.

I've warmed up to the 7" figures but I think after Carl and maybe Jesus (depending on his armticulation) I'm done. I don't have room to go all in on the 7" line. Unless they do 7" Walkers :)

Its a necessary evil, I understand. I just wish Todd would wake up. I mean, I suppose it's my own fault for throwing my money at the 5" line and construction sets and the fact there is hope for the 5" to carry on. I'd like to see;
-Negan
-Jesus
-Sasha
-Rosita
-Joe the Claimer Leader

Might have to make a few friends in the US when this new exclusive line hits *wink wink nudge nudge*

thoughts on the ep? good? bad? still feel sick?:horror

Negan come out to playyyyyy
on ript today only for those interested-
nxJkOVm.jpg

https://www.riptapparel.com/collections/the-saviors

The episode was one of the most brutal and disturbing in the entire series, but I also think it is one of the best episodes ever. The acting is phenomenal, it's very intense, and it's really character driven in an effective manner. Keeping the bulk of it between just Rick and Negan was a smart move.

Very heartbreaking as well, almost overwhelming with how much stuff happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decided to review the Color Tops Daryl Figure today since after the Season premiere from last night. It just felt right. Overall a nice figure. Not much too it but it's really cool and the best McFarlane figure I owned since the 10 inch vigilante Rick.

It was Todd's choice to axe the line in favor of the 7" line (and the building sets, which apparently retail axed for him). The toy buyer for Walgreen's (aka our hero) took it upon himself to try and keep the line alive with the two exclusive figures. If those sell well enough, he will be able to convince Walgreens Corporate to keep those going and thus keep the line of life support. So the exclusives are a good things right now. They are hopefully going to keep this line going while Todd works out his madness and brings the line back to full retail.

-Negan
-Dwight
-Jesus

Those are just three new characters that need figures ASAP! Not to mention Sasha, Rosita, Gabriel, etc that still need figures!

What's the second exclusive? Alexandria Sheriff Rick ... and ... ??

I'd almost be surprised if they didn't do a Negan, though.

SnakeDoc

So skybound is doing a lootcrate type thing. The first box will contain an exclusive 5" Walking Dead figure along with a shirt, comic and pin for $50.

We are VERY excited to announce the launch of our brand new quarterly subscription, THE MEGABOX! Our first theme will be The Walking Dead, Black Friday.

Very limited quantity with collectible exclusives

6-8 themed items per box with an exclusive McFarlane action figure, comic variant, shirt design, enamel pin, and more each quarter

Packed full for less than $50 per box

Each box has a retail value of $90 - $100

Order by December 14th to receive by Christmas (US only) with first boxes shipping in early December 2016

Last edited:
So skybound is doing a lootcrate type thing. The first box will contain an exclusive 5" Walking Dead figure along with a shirt, comic and pin for $50.

They better reveal who the flying F is in that crate before I pop down $50 for it

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

Back