McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, from Skybound. I ordered on of each. If it actually shipped today and wasn't just a printing of the label kind of notice, I should have mine on Wednesday or Thursday.

Yeah mine says it was shipped today as well, I'm excited to receive it so I can review it for the McFarlane team

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Funny thing is, I had only finished the first 3 episodes of the game when they announced the figure. I ended up completing a chapter a night after that though. I remember why I stopped playing the game. What a punch to the gut. Absolutely loved the rest of the game, but man its so much more of a downer than watching the show or reading the comic. Making the choices yourself has some real weight to it. I'm going to have to get season 2 now after I scar over :lol

But my display idea is regular Clem and Lee with axe and bloody Clem with bloody Lee with cleaver and amputated arm. Not exactly original, but it makes sense. Really hope we get Kenny next.

Check your Toysrus. I found Dale, Rick, Morgan and Deluxe Morgan with Walker Trap. Oddly there was no Bob or Eugene. Still happy to find those though. Put them in layaway as I did not have enough money on me to cover those, six funkos, and a video game I bought :lol

That's what I saw too. I wonder why they're not getting Bobs and Eugenes in? TRU.com has them (and my order of them shipped today) so its not like they're exclusive to anyone like Tyreese and Carol. Odd choice throwing Dale into the mix instead of a current, living character like Eugene.

Got my Lees today, sorry for the crappy pics.

39056F6D-0A22-4C10-823B-34307FA8714D_zpsul0xbyue.jpg

F9F5BA40-E39B-43DC-8323-15B2A312FB4B_zpstpfyotkd.jpg

33141031-C111-4219-9D2A-627420364250_zpsevvdnykz.jpg

6F54BC70-20B2-4153-B9E2-997F6947EE52_zps03zqmjbs.jpg

568B45A4-85E9-47AC-9E7F-01B4721856EA_zpsaik44l2g.jpg

Overall, he's a fantastic figure and I love the swap out arm option. I still think he's too light. While the skin tone does actually match the game shot on the card, on the figure he looks more Hispanic than Black. I think if they made him just a little darker it would have fixed that. Also I think the hair is a bit too light. Its more of a really dark brown rather than black. Other than those minor paint issues, its an awesome figure. A gun would have been another nice accessory to have with him or at least sculpted in the back of his waistband like it usually was in the game, but the walkie talkie is there at least.

I'll still end up with Lee at some point but it has one of the weaker likenesses to me. The darker skin tone would have helped. Still glad they tried.

Its hard to say on the likeness as they've had to translate the comic figures a bit as well. There is something off though. I don't know if its just in the paint or if there could have been some sculpt tweaks that would have improved the likeness a bit. I think perhaps the large eyes of the game had to get scaled down some and that certainly changes features. But paired with Clem, any Walking Dead fan should be able to figure out who its supposed to me.

My TRU got in series 8 and the Morgan set. Picked up the set and the new Rick Grimes. Basically series 8 was gone with only 2 Ricks left and a Morgan. Pretty bummed since I wanted Dale too. Firs thing is Rick is the best figure too date. Very well sculpted and painted. A bit of a warning. His holster is tight so be careful when putting his 44 in it. I broke mine. I have extras so no biggie. Other then that awesome figure. I gave him the silenced pistol from series 6 Rick and he's standing over Gareth. The Morgan set is really nice. I think the Morgan figure is best in the set over the single version. The only pain is putting the spikes on the table but other then that awesome set and the walker is killer. I'll be picking up the Woodbury assault vehicle this week.

Ryan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

I just picked up a Tyreese exclusive from Target.

DCPI 087060993

Indianapolis, IN

Case seemed to be:
3 Rick
2 Morgan
2 Dale
1 Bob
1 Eugene
1 Exclusive Tyreese
7517370159ff95597c06ddeac9a5dc7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to finally know where he's exclusive to. Too bad the DCPI is for Walking Dead in general instead of specific figures, but that's typical for action figure lines.

Hey, are some of you doing some 'photography' with the figures? Let me see some stuff then, it's pretty cool imo

Gesendet von meinem SM-G901F mit Tapatalk

Back