McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are doing Hershel's barn for series 3, and not confirming anything but apparently we are getting a new negan , Glenn, Shane, Lydia, for series 5 comic figures

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comic Shane or TV Shane? I think a lot of people would be pissed if we got a comic Shane before a new TV one! :lol Plus that would 4 figures without a single zombie. The comic line as stuck pretty close to 3 humans and a zombie for the last couple waves.

I'm really curios to see what makes them pick what comic characters are retail figures and which are skybound exclusives. Personally, I think they totally F'd up on Negan and Dwight. They should have reversed those two - Negan at retail and Dwight the exclusive. So I'm curious to see what the new Negan could be. Prisoner or AOW opened Jacket?

Comic Shane or TV Shane? I think a lot of people would be pissed if we got a comic Shane before a new TV one! :lol Plus that would 4 figures without a single zombie. The comic line as stuck pretty close to 3 humans and a zombie for the last couple waves.

I'm really curios to see what makes them pick what comic characters are retail figures and which are skybound exclusives. Personally, I think they totally F'd up on Negan and Dwight. They should have reversed those two - Negan at retail and Dwight the exclusive. So I'm curious to see what the new Negan could be. Prisoner or AOW opened Jacket?

Agree on reversing Negan and Dwight. We could say the same about Alpha and Lydia too.

Their a limited number of Lee figures up for sale on sky bound if any one interested. $27 shipped for one figure kind of sucks and I couldn't find any coupons. But I bought one any ways to go with clementine.

Seeing the new construction sets gets me excited. I'm addicted to them. Still waiting for the new series of figures to hit my TRU. I got the catwalk recently and built it. What a pain in the ass. Directions suck and I cannot even connect it to my cell blocks. I also was missing some pieces. But overall when it's done it looks really sweet. I also grabbed some of the grab bags and got 2 ricks and a bunch of walkers to add to the prison. I do have to say they are way better detailed and painted than the ones that come with the building sets. I am pleased with Hershal though. Overall I really dig these building sets a lot. Next up Woodbury assault vehicle but I believe my girlfriend is getting me that one along with the new hospital door set coming out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Just waiting for some discount codes and Alpha (if its skybound exclusive) to get Lee as well at the same time. Shipping cost for International adds up alot.

You'll be waiting a while since alpha is black Friday

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thats ok with me. Black Friday is next month, so Im in no rush to get these. Hopefully theres some codes during that time as well, and then even after ordering its still a couple of weeks shipping time to HK. Ive learnt that theres no rush to get these figures, it seems the last few releases have stayed on their site for quite some time.

I'm only getting Rick and Dale from series 8. Morgan has lost any likeness to Lennie James, Bob isn't strong enough of a character, and I hate Eugene.

wdhospital.jpg

I'm only getting Rick and Dale from series 8. Morgan has lost any likeness to Lennie James, Bob isn't strong enough of a character, and I hate Eugene.

I don't know what figures you've been looking at, but I found Rick, Dale, and Morgan at TRU today and Morgan is one of the best likeness in the entire line. Up there with Merle. Its quite good at this scale IMO. Very impressed with him. Dale is really good too and this is probably our best Rick yet as well. Pretty decent paint on all but one Rick I saw today. Morgan and Dale are near flawless.

But speaking of Morgan, what's up with the hood? Are the single carded figures all hood up and all of the bloody box sets hood down? The back of the card shows the alternate Morgan head with the hood differently. Does that mean there will be a hood variant of the carded figure later? I just prefer the hood up for the masked head and the hood down for the unmasked head.

I actually hit two TRUs today and they both just had Dale, Ricks and Morgans. I like 1 Dale and both and about 4 each of Rick and Morgan. No Eugenes or Bobs to be found. Luckily TRU.com has them with free shipping on $20+ orders so I've got them coming now.

Any word on which stores Carol and Tyreese are exclusive to? I'm guessing Walgreens and/or Target again? My local Walgreens just had 2 Gravedigger Daryls today so at least the Walgreens exclusives seem to be getting easier to find again.

So glad these hit this week just in time for the premiere. Last year's lateness sucked. Its pretty cool to have Morgan now since he's still in the same outfit. Its not often we get current looks on the TV line since they change so often (Daryl's refusal to change his clothes or bathe excluded, although I'd still like a season 3 shorter hair Daryl eventually).

Awesome! GameStop exclusives are so much easier to find and get. So no word on Tyreese yet then? You'd think instead of just labeling the figures as exclusives on the card back they'd say "available exclusively at GameStop" or something. Not a great use as an exclusive if nobody knows where to look.

I think Tyreese is a Walgreens exclusive, but I don't know if there's any official word yet.
I lucked out at TRU today and found Series 8, or at least part of it, since there was only two Ricks, two Morgans, and a Dale. I picked up Rick and I'm super impressed. The likeness is great and the articulation is better than expected, particularly in the elbows.
B248A183-D99D-483D-97D7-0D00A1C9089D_zps3f4dp8f1.jpg

044ABA5C-E6A5-46D2-8798-D2F769E39E54_zpsthlzgjzv.jpg

63659D74-82F0-4CF8-8912-2754BA23C36B_zpspzrnwicw.jpg

70995082-28BB-47ED-82D7-E00DF7EB27C3_zpscapxd4t9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back