McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

just a question here:

do you keep your figures sealed or not? I mean, look at daryl from season 1 (or basically all from 1-3). They are worth so much by now. I would like to like play with em though, but Im frightend of losing potential money. What do you think? keep them sealed or not? I think that I will buy some of those that I think will raise in value twice, such as the 7.5 series, maybe. Im just not sure, but I think im gonna be annoyed when I see a figure that I own that I just open has gone up to like 50$ or something, which isnt much of a change, but still a change. I got Rick from series 1 and all from 5-7.5. Not that much, as I only started like a month ago. I will focus on the older ones now though, which I want to keep sealed...even though Id like to open up the zombies from series 1-3, because they all have a nice feature (walker, biter, crawler (bicycle girl) and autopsy)

Double post SORRY!, thought I asked it on another forum

I thought you asked this earlier but you're prolly gonna have a bad time if you solely think of these figures in $$value$$$ amounts. Best time to buy and sell stuff is now while the show is still hot and there's a crapton of demand especially for the earlier figures that were made before the show really became as popular as it is now. Long term is likely not going to pan out aside from probably the harder to get variants, first series figures, or out of print exclusives. The rest of the line is massively mass produced and likely won't go for much more than retail.

I'd suggest opening a few random figures/characters you like and see how you feel about them since it sounds like you're struggling with carded or loose collecting. Can always just buy 2 of each figure so one can be opened or even try getting ebay or craigslist loose figure lots to get a good chunk of em for cheap. Personally I just open them all because I dig posing, modding, and customizing them. No one can really tell you how you're supposed to collect or what random non variant/exclusive figures will go for the dolladolla bills so really just up to whatever you want from a collection. My motto on the subject is that toys are meant to be played with. Collecting solely for potential investment purposes just seems kinda boring.

xXiVCvWh.jpg

ZuK0sSm.jpg

bKVfrPnh.jpg

yqkVzDBh.jpg

I'm happy about the carol but tyrees . I don't know about him. We could've gotten a Rosita or father Gabriel

Will be buying Dale, Eugene, Bob, Morgan, and Carol.

Any thoughts on who will be in series 9?

I think Rosita and a Walker are all but guarantees. I am hoping for Lori with Judith, Beth, Aaron.

Will be buying Dale, Eugene, Bob, Morgan, and Carol.

Any thoughts on who will be in series 9?

I think Rosita and a Walker are all but guarantees. I am hoping for Lori with Judith, Beth, Aaron.

I'm reaaaaaaally hoping Aaron makes the cut. Think he might be priority for me now that we have Dale!...WITH LAWNCHAIRR!! Oh god I'm so happy about that.

Alleged rumor (likely B.S.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmJy5ZU8Sm4
Beth (makes sense as I'm sure she won the vote)
Daryl (Im sure it would do well but its not like the guy has changed his clothes since season 3
Noah (Noah way I can see that)
Glenn (Not sure what else they could do with him) Riot Gear Glenn maybe?
T-Dogg (Overdue and unlikely)
Old Lady Church Walker (please do)

I will probably get Terminus Carol. I can't see me springing for another Tyreese.

Beth, Lori, T-Dog, Sasha, and Rosita have all earned a spot in my book.

More than anything we need more Zombies.

I'm probably the only one who wants a Martinez and Shumpert. :lol

Last edited:
My friend asked one of the McFarlane workers if the SDCC exclusive is shane, he said he couldn't answer that

Here is my list for comic figures I want to see.

Shane (in casual clothing with police jacket): handgun, rifle

Tyreese(in long jacket): hammer

Michonne(all out war):handgun, sword

Lori(casual clothing):revolver

Carol(before she died):second head, knife

Dale(fear the hunters):removable leg,handgun,knife

Chris: knife, handgun, dales leg

Glenn(prison story arc):in a hoddie with removable hat, handgun, knife with board at the end of handle

Maggie(A.O.W):handgun, knife

Whisperer:alternate head, knife

Now I don't mean all in one wave but these need to made. I rather prefer the comic figures then the show. But I still love the show and its figures.

I'd also like to see two special comic packs.

Prison jumpsuit pack
Rick:handgun, hatchet
Lori:pregnant belly, knife
Andrea:rifle, handgun
Dale:eek:ne legged, crutches
Michonne: sword
Tyreese(battle damaged):removable head, zombie head

And

Prison riot gear pack
Rick: hatchet
Maggie
Michonne:sword
Tyreese: hammer

All come with two handguns and a gas can.

My friend asked one of the McFarlane workers if the SDCC exclusive is shane, he said he couldn't answer that

If they follow what they've done the last year or so, it will be a newer comic character (ie not on the TV show yet), so I'd doubtful of it being Shane. Shane really had very little impact in the comic with only being in a couple of issues. I think the Whisperer leader would be more likely at this point than him. And really, if they're going to do another Shane figure I'd rather them do a decent TV Shane for once.

Comic Tyreese, a new Glenn, a new Michonne and any zombies are about the only comic figures I would want at this point.

I'd be much more interested in season 1 Lee and season 2 Kenny from the Telltale game.

Last edited:
Back