McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just copy/pasting this from another forum, so I know I'm overlapping some of you guys, sorry!
My guesses for the Series 8 figures from left to right:
1. Rosita- While this seems odd with her being in the poll, I did the research and this is an WASR-10/63 (the ring on the stock, stock shape, and pistol grip give it away), a gun only her and one of Joe's guys (which I am almost positive we wouldn't get) have used. The gun is not Rick's AK47 (Norinco Type 56) so it can't be Season 5 Rick, unless McFarlane made the wrong gun.
2. Eugene- Going out on a limb since it could easily be a Riot Gear Glenn, but Eugene's a popular character and isn't in the poll, so Eugene's my guess.
3. Morgan- Can't think of anyone else that has used a stick like this really, and I think he's been previously hinted at or predicted.
4. Dale- We know he's coming and he used binoculars, easy stuff.
5. Father Gabriel(?!)- While this is a total oddball choice, this is the EXACT machete he took from Carl in "Crossed." The only other figure it could be is Rick with the red machete, but once again, it would be odd for them to sculpt an accessory correctly for one character but use it for another.
6. Carol- While it's probably too soon for another Carol (particularly if the head paint is as bad as last time) this will likely be the poncho/walker disguise version since this is the rifle she used in that scene.

Good guesses. The Binoculars Dale, Machete or AK-47 Rick, Walking Stick Morgan, The helmet and Machine Gun to the right look like the ones that Glenn was carrying in his riot outfit. It could also be Terminus Assault Carol.

I'm just copy/pasting this from another forum, so I know I'm overlapping some of you guys, sorry!
My guesses for the Series 8 figures from left to right:
1. Rosita- While this seems odd with her being in the poll, I did the research and this is an WASR-10/63 (the ring on the stock, stock shape, and pistol grip give it away), a gun only her and one of Joe's guys (which I am almost positive we wouldn't get) have used. The gun is not Rick's AK47 (Norinco Type 56) so it can't be Season 5 Rick, unless McFarlane made the wrong gun.
2. Eugene- Going out on a limb since it could easily be a Riot Gear Glenn, but Eugene's a popular character and isn't in the poll, so Eugene's my guess.
3. Morgan- Can't think of anyone else that has used a stick like this really, and I think he's been previously hinted at or predicted.
4. Dale- We know he's coming and he used binoculars, easy stuff.
5. Father Gabriel(?!)- While this is a total oddball choice, this is the EXACT machete he took from Carl in "Crossed." The only other figure it could be is Rick with the red machete, but once again, it would be odd for them to sculpt an accessory correctly for one character but use it for another.
6. Carol- While it's probably too soon for another Carol (particularly if the head paint is as bad as last time) this will likely be the poncho/walker disguise version since this is the rifle she used in that scene.

I think the AK is Rick, even if wrong type. I think McFarlane realized they waited too long between Rick variants between series 2 and series 6. Rick's look has changed a bunch since the Prison, so an update would be welcome for most.
The Binocs are Dale.
The machete is Gabriel, that was my first guess upon seeing it.
Walking Stick Morgan. As soon as he pulled that mask off I knew he was getting a figure. That outfit had TOY written all over it!
The riot gear helmet does seem to indicate Glenn. I doubt we'd be getting a riot gear Eugene as our first and only Eugene.
I thought Carol's rifle had a scope, but I do think a Terminus Rambo Carol is coming. She just needs a face repaint with mud and a new poncho and that's about it. Pretty easy and I imagine popular variant. I would think of her as a "flashback" variant though since it would be minimal new work on her.

Glad to see Michonne is getting a 10" figure. She was the last of the trinity, so it was an obvious choice. I am hoping the Governor gets one next. He's the next big, stand out character for that special treatment IMO. I don't think anyone really has that big name draw like those 4 characters. Carl would just be a painful choice if AMC won't let him come with a gun.

Yay, came back from town. I can finally cross off season 7 off my list, until 7.5 comes along.
These continue to improve with each series. My pick of the bunch has to be the Mud Walker.

Yay, came back from town. I can finally cross off season 7 off my list, until 7.5 comes along.
These continue to improve with each series. My pick of the bunch has to be the Mud Walker.

Will you be posting loose pictures of them.

bobmahete (2).jpg series8 (2).jpg so i noticed bob had this in the premiere

Attachments

• bobmahete2.jpg
    bobmahete2.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 553
Back