McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get the feeling that something is up at McFarlane. Basically a no show at SDCC this year. The one pic I saw of the new 7" Rick from the con looked really bad. I am probably going to cancel my PO for several of the 7" figures.

I saw the 7" Rick on eBay and it looks like poo. Someone confirmed that they are just cut joints as well. I was ready to give them a shot. Really bummed they dumped the 5" line for them. Oh well.

I saw the 7" Rick on eBay and it looks like poo. Someone confirmed that they are just cut joints as well. I was ready to give them a shot. Really bummed they dumped the 5" line for them. Oh well.

Do you have a link to the new 7" Rick that you saw on eBay? I didn't think that anyone had these in hand yet.

I grabbed one today at Target so they are starting to hit

941925AD-3B9C-4780-B2D6-31A03675D180.jpg

I can't at work...will have to wait until later. But looking at it in package it does appear to just have a few cut joints. Definitely meant for a single pose.

I can't at work...will have to wait until later. But looking at it in package it does appear to just have a few cut joints. Definitely meant for a single pose.

Ok cool, thanks. Did Target have Michonne also? How does Rick look. Does he look as good or close to the prototype pics.

Here is a close up of that ebay listing. I shouldn't have said it looks like poo. Its just the lack of ball-jointed shoulders that is a dealbreaker

s-l1600.jpg

Here is a close up of that ebay listing. I shouldn't have said it looks like poo. Its just the lack of ball-jointed shoulders that is a dealbreaker

View attachment 281142

Thanks for the pic. I think Rick is looking pretty good. I do want these figures to have some articulation but that is not has important to me personally has the sculpt and paint apps.

By their lack of an appearance at SDCC, I'm not even sure McFarlane as a whole is doing well. They had a decent display last year and nothing outside of a handful of figures in diamond's booth this year. So I'm not sure if NOT buying will send any message other than "Good Bye McFarlane" :lol

I took a few more last night and the articulation really is bad. Sure, you can move his arm up and down to have a gun up or gun down pose, but the cut joint looks so bad with the gun up.

E2398DFB-4248-40FE-BE2F-E61261D2EB68.jpg

B829ED9F-4BF6-4CED-BD9A-EB124A09BB6C.jpg

The face really isn't too bad, but could definitely be better. I was hoping for more of an improvement over the 5" line.

0165A4CB-7376-4F89-9175-25AB1204CD65.jpg

anyone know if the Outcast figure was available at the skybound shop yet? sorry OT.

in that last pic above ric kinda looks like Benedict Cumberbatch :p

Bbts has it for $30.....

yup thks did see that via bbts.
but was wondering skybound had it instock, saw talk of it being sold there and wondered if i missed. just read first vol and wants bad, have not seen show yet but looking forward to it.

Back