McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They could have at least given him a wrapped left hand to differentiate it from the original instead of just the paint.

And isn't the retail version supposed to come the that "exclusive" swap out?

After time to absorb the giant slap in the face we had, I wouldn't be opposed to them going back and doing earlier seasons in the new scale.

I think if they finally did the Shane everyone has been clamoring for, it would go a long way for some collectors or be a huge slap in the face for others. :dunno

I think its all but given we're going to see a Negan at SDCC in the 7" scale. I personally hope a Governor isn't too far behind either.

They could have at least given him a wrapped left hand to differentiate it from the original instead of just the paint.

And isn't the retail version supposed to come the that "exclusive" swap out?

My guess is that it's getting scrapped now. I'm not too upset, since it'll probably look a lot better on the bloody body. I am kinda upset that the color Negan is so bloody. They had no problem keeping the two pack Daryl the same as the Series 1 version so it sucks that they changed Negan this much. If it was just the super bloody body I could have swapped the head onto the body from the black and white set, but there's even more blood on this than the original black and white bloody version. The black and white set actually looks really nice, I'm kinda wanting more figures like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the first time in awhile there isn't a brand new sculpt for the SDCC exclusive. I think that is not a good indication of the future of the 5" line, comic or TV.

I don't follow your panic. The first SDCC exclusive was just wave 1 Michonne with a new fabric cloak. Then the Riot Governor which only featured a new stump arm and bull horn accessories. Then we finally got an all new sculpt with Ezekiel and Michonne 2.0. This is the first time of getting a 2 pack, so that is a good sign IMO. We got a new Rick at ECCC, which they haven't done before. You can look at it like he was an early SDCC exclusive and this 2 pack is bonus exclusive. I think the comic line might not be doing well at retail (likely due to its limited release outlets), but the Skybound exclusives seem to be coming out more frequently rather than less.

I did mention its the first time in awhile. I'm not panicked by it either. With that said these are both pre-existing sculpts. Nothing new here. I don't have a problem with that either. It just appears that they are putting less and less effort into the property in general. As it looks like the construction line is also crawling to its death.

Its cool that we are getting another shot at Negan. So the existing set is not a complaint. The whole thing is really more of an observation.

Edit: I had to revise my initial comment came off a lot more dickish than intended.

Last edited:
Yeah, the lack of a new sculpt for the exclusive is a bit interesting. Between us getting the new Rick as an ECCC exclusive and prisoner Negan and Lydia in Series 4, I thought a new Carl was pretty much a lock. Maybe he'll be the Black Friday exclusive?

I did mention its the first time in awhile. I'm not panicked by it either. With that said these are both pre-existing sculpts. Nothing new here. I don't have a problem with that either. It just appears that they are putting less and less effort into the property in general. As it looks like the construction line is also crawling to its death.

Its cool that we are getting another shot at Negan. So the existing set is not a complaint. The whole thing is really more of an observation.

Edit: I had to revise my initial comment came off a lot more dickish than intended.

No worries.

I think its a great exclusive. With the show ending on that scene makes it the perfect SDCC exclusive. Sure its a comic figure set, but I think that scene has a lot of people interested and this will sell well because of that and because people have been wanting another shot at a normal Negan figure. I'm just sad the bashed head might have been scrapped from the regular line. I had planned on getting two just for this scene, but if its not included then I'll only need this set. Hopefully they throw in a swap out, shaved Negan headsculpt with Prisoner Negan so he's more recognizable to people.

Maybe they're a one-off exclusive so they just went 5"? I might be wrong but it almost looks like there are some reused parts from Walking Dead figures so that might be why they went 5" instead of 7"

BBTS has the Glenn/Negan sets up for $59.99 so I'm guessing the set will be easy to get on the Skybound website just like every other exclusive.

Their SDCC exclusives are by far the easiest to pick up at the entire show. Every year I've literally walked right up and paid for one, done in 30 seconds. So, yeah, I don't expect there to be any trouble getting them on the website like usual.

Back