McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having started readin the comics I have more and mor interest in the comic related figures. Can anybody help me gettig an overview? Some seemto be already quite expensive on the bay... Is there maybe a list of what has been released so far? Thanks in advance!

Comic Series 1

Rick grimes
Michonne
Zombie lurker
Zombie roamer

Comic series 2
The governor
Penny
Riot gear glenn
Michonnes pet

Comic series 3
Rick grimes
Andrea
Dwight
Punk rock zombie

There has also Been a few exlusive figures like Jesus, negan, ezekial and riot gear governor[emoji106]

Series 2 was pretty decent too. Maybe try to get the zombies from series 1. There was also the SDCC Kill em' All Governor and Michonne with the cloak.

Why? That would mean we'd have her in just two weeks. That seems like the best case scenario to me. She IS a Skybound exclusive. That's confirmed. So if you're not a fan of that, you're just going to have to accept that since she's not hitting retail.

I just feel like there's SO MANY other better characters that we could have, don't get me wrong I would love the clementine figure.

Well, she is coming whether you like it or not. The only question is when.

Personally, I feel these Skybound exclusives are just bonus figures we wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Retailers really like to have comic characters that are on the show too, which is why Abraham is in the next wave I think. Characters like Jesus and Ezekiel aren't ones viewers are familiar with yet, so that might be why they were made exclusives. I have no idea why Dwight and Negan weren't swapped around though.

I agree, there are so many characters for them to do, but sadly there just isn't as much of a demand for the comic figures compared to the show figures. With all of the skybound exclusives we've gotten in the last year, it was like getting a bonus comic wave. And if that's what it takes to get more figures, I'm OK with it. Hopefully they'll just add the video game figures to the site without them replacing a comic figure slot. I'd be thrilled if they offered Clementine and a new comic figure on Black Friday.

Having started reading the comics I am more and more interested in the comic related figures. Can anybody help me getting an overview? Some seem to be already quite expensive on the bay... Are they worth it? Is there maybe a list of what has been released so far? Thanks in advance!

I wondered this myself so recently I threw this together, I love the comic figures, I get both TV and comic but since wave 3 and the exclusives I think these are better, I also prefer the comic to the series anyway. Series 3 Rick is well worth getting as is Andrea, I also think the Governor and Penny are great, and I got an extra Rick and Glenn and switched the heads round so I have a riot gear Rick, only exclusive I have so far is Negan but he is really cool, S1 Rick is poor but the zombies are goodand Michonne is not bad.
comic figures.jpg

Would it kill them to release more Walkers per wave?

It's The Walking Dead, not The Walking Living.

There are so many unique fx makeup's on the show, but the potential is wasted. Does McFarlane/retailers think they will warm the peg's? I wish they would at least reissue the first two walkers from 2011, maybe with some new paint apps, and a little re tooling. I don't think they need "action features" to warrant a purchase, they end up messing up the aesthetic most of the time.

Wow, my first post is a rant.

Otherwise I'm enjoying the line. I didn't start buying them till wave 2 (Rick, well and rv walkers), and have been collecting every tv show figure since. I got into the comic line late, with wave 3.

Can't wait for series 6, although the release is being dragged out, kinda like some of the show's plotlines. Two Walgreens in my area have the pegs empty, so I'm assuming the next time they are filled it will be the new wave.

I wondered this myself so recently I threw this together, I love the comic figures, I get both TV and comic but since wave 3 and the exclusives I think these are better, I also prefer the comic to the series anyway. Series 3 Rick is well worth getting as is Andrea, I also think the Governor and Penny are great, and I got an extra Rick and Glenn and switched the heads round so I have a riot gear Rick, only exclusive I have so far is Negan but he is really cool, S1 Rick is poor but the zombies are goodand Michonne is not bad.
View attachment 146833

This is a closer list. Series 1 Rick has 2 variants as well that were TRU or SDCC exclusives. Bloody, & b&w

Jesus, Ezekiel, & Negan also have bloody& b/w variants, & then there are the 2 packs,
S1rick& michonne, bloody &b&w/w
S1Lurker&roamed bloody&b/w
S2 governer/penny bloody&b/w
&s3rick &Andrea bloody&b/w

A pic of a prototype comic s4 abrahamford has just been released too!

This is a closer list. Series 1 Rick has 2 variants as well that were TRU or SDCC exclusives. Bloody, & b&w

Jesus, Ezekiel, & Negan also have bloody& b/w variants, & then there are the 2 packs,
S1rick& michonne, bloody &b&w/w
S1Lurker&roamed bloody&b/w
S2 governer/penny bloody&b/w
&s3rick &Andrea bloody&b/w

A pic of a prototype comic s4 abrahamford has just been released too!

That's true, I didn't bother with the variants as I only buy the colour ones, when you include them that is a big list of figures!

Back