McFarlane Toys gets DC Comics, Movies and games license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they continue Batman: The Animated Series line in the same scale as DC Collectibles did and released lots of 6" Burton Batman figures, a Batmobile, Batwing, Batskiboat, a 1/4 Returns Batman and 1/4 Nicholson Joker I'm happy.

Less posabilty = better looking figures.

I have to disagree with that.

Check out the Mythic Legion figures from Four Horsemen Studios, or the Bucky O'Hare figures from Boss Fight Studios. Even Marvel Selects have 16 points of articulation and they look pretty good.

I think 5 POA is the minimum to call them action figures, but so many companies set the bar higher in the last few years. If they do this line like their Fortnite license, it's going to be great. Otherwise it's gonna be the same old...

I bought so many McFarlane figures in the early 2000's, they looked wonderful, but they were not action figures. How many times did i look at them thinking "man i wish i could pose them", but the only thing i could do is rotate the arms up and down in an awkward way lol.

They have come back in a big way.

I’m not even a Star Trek guy, but on the few occasions I’ve sauntered through GameStop and seen those Kirk and Picard figures, I’ve been tempted by how good they look. They deliver that kind of quality with the DC license? I’m in trouble.

This took me as a surprise as I never thought McFarlane toys would be interested in making DC Comics toys.
Giving the history I couldn't see how ultra articulated figures be related to McFarlane action figures. But I don't think McFarlane would pursue a big license like DC comics if they didn't do his research and know that they can give customers what they want.
I'm hopeful and can't wait to see what they would be doing. Especially the 12" market has been hugely lacking. In the past Hasbro and Toy Biz tackle the 12" market with Marvel Icons and now the Marvel Legends 12" series which are amazing. I could use some ultra posable 12" figures.

The press release says ultra poseabke si atleast 25 points of articulation or mote.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hopefully they do older movie stuff as well like an full Returns line. Batman,Catwoman and Penguin

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I’m not even a Star Trek guy, but on the few occasions I’ve sauntered through GameStop and seen those Kirk and Picard figures, I’ve been tempted by how good they look. They deliver that kind of quality with the DC license? I’m in trouble.

They're great figures. Shame there won't be more. That's my biggest pet peeve with Todd. Gets the license and abandons it.

I like and collected their classic spawn cover figures. Never had an issue with their lack of articulation.

Those figures were like little detailed statues which made a pretty impressive display. It'll be cool to get some DC covers in the same vein.

Me too. Plenty of ugly figures designed for extreme articulation out there. I will take less articulation in a better looking figure.

I would realy love to see them doing some Batman Forever movie figures, but I know this might be imposible. You know, i can still dreaming. 🤷*♂️

ekkktpyy2gh21.jpg

Back