Action Figure McFarlane Toys Bringing Movie Maniacs back?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

The negotiations were short
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Last night Todd posted this on Facebook. Seems pretty clear it's happening. What do all the veterans here think? I'm stoked!

'FLASHBACK FRIDAY to 1999 (It seems that I just CAN'T get out of the 90's lately!).... with my second series of MOVIE MANIACS!!!!

Here's some creepy photos of the Bride of Chucky, Norman Bates and Michael Meyers

I've always thought it would be COOL to bring the Movie Maniacs BACK... right?!?! Never say never!

TODD'

#FlashbackFriday

No this was a line based solely on characters from films. It started in 98 with horror based characters then expanded to films like Aliens and T2. It ended in 2004 with series 7. NECA and SOTA Toys picked up the slack but both their lines are gone too. SOTA is now PCS, NECA is still kicking ass.

It would be cool to see this line revived but I'd leave it at rest just because mcfarlane isn't what it use to be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I don't think this line is needed now honestly. Neca killed Movie maniacs and continue to do so to this day.

Well, what started as a great initial run, went off the rails with some bad license choices.....

Escape from LA?
Species?

Other than the last scene in the fruit cellar, I don't think Perkins ever donned the dress. Because the figure came with a removable wig, I "assumed" it was supposed to represent the big reveal -- which had no boobs.

Anyway, thanks for the link, Anton -- Mrs. Bates cut quite the handsome figure!

(pun sorta intended)

McFarlane Toys was what had me interested in this hobby, and I remember drooling over all the magazine ads of their toys that I just can't afford as a teenager.

I'd be okay with this. Still have all my The Thing figures and Hellraiser figures. They are among my favorites to date.

The trouble with the Movie Maniacs line and Mcfarlane was that they did not want to pay for the licenses everyone wanted. Randy told me years ago this at a trade show both Hellraiser and Silence Of The Lambs rights were available but Mcfarlane made excuses that Anthony Hopkins did not want a figure made of Hannibal Lecter and they could not get the Hellraiser rights.

They other problem was they were very poor quality. They should have been sold at statues not figures. They broke many times just taking them out of the package , never mind moving a limb....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Always room for more I guess. I still want a Night of the Living Dead line

All these years. I hated that about the figure and low and behold Todd was right.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say until the end of the film (when he was in a hurry) he stuffed one of ma's bras for his regalia. The reality, of course, is Hitch did it to throw people off,lol.:lecture

I started collecting with McFarlane but I think they had their chance. If I remember correctly the line ended due to Todds arrogance anyway. At the time he claimed they had taken it as far as it could go and done everything worth doing. I think neca proved him wrong.

Back