McFarlane: Rick Grimes Resin Statue (The Walking Dead)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it's probably just glued in there which means it's likely a QC issue at factory. They probably just stuck them in there and didn't pay close enough attention to where it was pointing. I bet some heat would make it pop right out so you could straighten it and put it back in.

Now that I'm looking at these as $150 statues I'm probably going to be a bit more bold in my repair efforts than I would with a PF :lol

The thing is, I don't think there is a peg or anything its really plugging into. I think its just glued flush on it - not very sturdy. And my repair skills would probably only make things worse, which is why I'm seeing what McFarlane's Customer Service can do first.

Got mine in today but don't have time to open them fully since I'm getting ready to leave town first thing tomorrow.

I did open one enough to check out the gun. I definitely see where they went wrong in packing that. They had downward pressure at the joint between the gun and the blast which would cause it to bend.

The blast part on my gun is attached well but will actually spin. You can see a rod protruding from the gun into the plastic. Mine is perfectly straight with the way I can turn it so it's all good. Looking at this one I'm confident I can fix it if there is an issue with second.

Can't wait to get home next week so I can get it out and put it together fully :)

I just got mine in and set it up last night. I am extremely happy with it, Mcfarlane did a great job on this. I was worried about the bend in the gun but it looks really good to me. Now to track down the Michonne statue that I missed out on.

Waiting to hear back from CS on one of mine. The first one I opened is a hot mess. The base is busted where Rick's foot goes in so it won't hold him. His foot peg is also bent which I assume busted the base at some point. The gun shot zombie's footpeg is also only 1/3 as long as the one on the second statue so that also isn't secure in the base.

CS asked for photos this morning and said they could either repair it if possible or do a refund of $147.50 for the one statue. I asked if they'd send me a label to send it back and she said they might not need it back if it's broken. So that would work out well. I'd just drill out the pegs and glue the SOB together and if it looks good enough I can just sell off the good statue.

Sounds like their customer service is treating you a lot better than me. I've only gotten one response and it was asking if I wanted to return one statue or two. And that was a few days ago with no response since. Not very pleased at their super slow responses. Sounds like a lot of these had QC issues. No wonder they were trying to clear them out :lol

She sounded pretty unsure of what to do on the phone so time will tell. I called back later in the day to make sure the photos went through and to try to get a decision before the weekend but she just said it would take some time and sounded pretty exasperated.

It's a shame. It's a really terrific statue in hand. The good one anyway.

Just heard back and they are sending me a return label to return the one statue. They also offered to either A) repair it or B) give me a $25 store credit :lol

I asked them to confirm the refund would be $147.50.

All in all I'll be very happy to have paid $150 for the one good one. It's such a cool piece!

My vid/review/thoughts. Great statue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddGg6zRkdA8&list=UU6HhQr-HnfHuOF7MOMU-QcA

Nu4CoHa.jpg

This past week I was able to acquire this fantastic statue from the McFarlane group. Being a huge WD fan, I can't believe I didn't see this when it was first offered last year, but luckily I got this one at a great price. First piece from McFarlane and I am very impressed. The sculpt is great and the paint apps look very good, even up close. I love the action pose and the gore details made this an easy purchase for me. I also really like the fact that the base rotates so that you can display it from any angle. It looks great 360 degrees around. I am very pleased with this one.

Here is my mini Video Review of the Rick Grimes statue as well as the Michonne statue.

Just got this statue for Christmas and it is huge and amazing! I cannot wait to put this beast together.

Now I feel like I need to complete the collection by getting the McFarlane Michonne and Negan statues xD

Congrats! I do wish I had Michonne to pair with mine but I don't like the Negan piece. Just looks awkward to me.

Thanks Hexic!

I am a fan of the character but am also on the fence about the Negan statue.

Back