McFarlane Harry Potter license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The key is regular wave updates. Star Trek announced 2 figures in May 2017 and nothing since. They're starting this with 4 out of the gate. It'd be wise of the to follow up with Wave 2 at SDCC, wave 3 at TF and so on.

I've only seen Todd Mcfarlane go deep in lines with Spawn and Sports though. Most others get cancelled due to silly gimmicks included with the figures that lead to poor sales or disinterest on Todd's part.

Just had a source get back to me on what was shown. Sadly no photos were allowed but they evidently showed off wave 1 which will be out this July and wave 2 which has an October 2019 release date. The trio comes with patronuses and wave 2 will have dragons. I'm waiting to hear some more back on outfits & which dragons.

Update: They are doing the Ukranian Ironbelly from the last film first along with some dragons from the fourth film.

Sounds like these are going to get the Fortnite style of articulation. Excited to see some prototypes, hopefully tomorrow.

Just had a source get back to me on what was shown. Sadly no photos were allowed but they evidently showed off wave 1 which will be out this July and wave 2 which has an October 2019 release date. The trio comes with patronuses and wave 2 will have dragons. I'm waiting to hear some more back on outfits & which dragons.

Update: They are doing the Ukranian Ironbelly from the last film first along with some dragons from the fourth film.

Who's in wave 2?

Sounds legit, and awesome. Toyark just confirmed that photos weren't allowed due to the figures still needing licensor approval.

This was probably my most anticipated reveal at toy fair so I guess it makes perfect sense that they wouldn't allow photos!

Don't have too much faith in the line tbh, their GoT figures aren't anything crazy either, Daenerys looks pretty awful… :dunno

No pics? Since when did that stop any one at ToyFair :lol

Figures with Patreonuses? That's going to be more expensive than I thought they'd be.

Fwoosh reports Voldemort will have cloth robes to help with articulation and has Nagini instead of a protronis. CoS will be the next themed wave. Dementors and Buckbeak as well. Fortnite levels of articulation.

Seems promising. Hopefully someone sneaks a shot.

Not surprised at the addition of patronuses. That'll jack up the price and turn collectors off. Todd did the same with Lost 13 years ago and it never made it past series 2.

I was hoping to see the new figures, but I gotta say, I was one of those NOT impressed with their Game of Thrones figures at all. The paint on Daenerys was bad, and Jon Snow's, too, IMO.

The patronuses being used to jack up the price is also a turn off for me - those aren't something I care to have, except Snape's silver doe.

The thing that keeps me hopeful for these is those Star Trek figures they did, and the confirmation of Fortnite articulation. If they look as awful as those GOT figures no amount of articulation or accessories is gonna get me to buy them.

Some blacked out photos popped up online in the last day and some more information. It looks like these will be getting bases and backdrop artwork that can be attached to the bases. Also great to see the patronuses come with stands. Hopefully an official reveal comes out soon. I report on a lot of HP related merch news and the list that I have so far of figures being shown (In person or in progress artwork photos) and talked about at Toy Fair are these four with a smaller scale Buckbeak due with this release. There are also a wave of Chamber of Secrets Harry, Ron, Hermione & Snape due in the Fall with a Dementor. The Hungarian Horntail and Ukranian Ironbelly dragons in the smaller scale also were seen in stages of development. Lots of promising things coming for this line, I'm hoping for a lot more creatures and important characters in the new year. I definitely have my fingers crossed that McFarlane can take this line far with several different characters and not just variations of the trio with one other character per wave.

31459b7f-9566-4c5d-a3dd-5cb15ac5f5bf.jpg

Harry Potter

Product Features
-7 inch (17.78cm) scale
-Made of plastic
-Based on his outfit from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
-Designed with Ultra articulation with 22 moving parts
-Figure showcased in Harry Potter themed window boxed packaging
-Character specific background artwork is removable from package and attaches to the base

Box Contents
-Harry Potter figure
-Base
-Background artwork
-Wand
-Stag Patronus

------------------------------------------------
9a6e8af8-35bd-40e4-b6d2-d0ead3009552.jpg

Lord Voldemort

Product Features
-7 inch (17.78cm) scale
-Made of plastic
-Character specific background artwork is removable from package and attaches to the base

Box Contents
-Lord Voldemort figure
-Base
-Background artwork
-Fabric robes
-Elder wand
-Nagini the snake

d755735f-f76b-4bf1-a9b4-dcf550b5a150.jpg Toy Fair 2019 McFarlane Toys Harry Potter Action Figures 002.jpg
Hermione Granger

Product Features
-7 inch (17.78cm) scale
-Made of plastic
-Based on her outfit from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Box Contents
-Hermione Granger figure
-Base
-Background artwork
-Wand
-Otter Patronus

72fbff22-ea4f-461c-9ecb-cf7225b7aad2.jpg
Ron Weasley

Product Features
-7 inch (17.78cm) scale
-Made of plastic

Box Contents
-Ron Weasley figure
-Base
-Background artwork
-Wand
-Terrier Patronus

That 3D render of Hermione doesn't exactly inspire confidence, as to how they're going to implement the articulation. The recent Stranger Things and GoT figures are also looking pretty rough.

Just picked up all for GOT figures at my local Target and am really impressed with them in hand as I was with the Star Trek figures too. This is promising for the Potter figures.

Back