McFarlane going back to the roots with 7" line in 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Word is that McFarlane will announce their new 7" line at NYTF. The line will feature different characters from different franchises. Franchises included are of course Spawn but also Naruto, TWD and even FTWD as a new franchise. The packages will be boxes with window.

mcfarlane.com/news/12-days-of-toy-fair-teasers/

Personally I am not seeing me buying the complete line, but I wouldnt mind having some of zhe maincharacters of TWD and FTWD in 7" scale on my shelf. I also welcome that McFarlane is going back to the 7" scale as this is my favorite scale and I really loved what they did before. Hopefully these will match with Necas 7" line. That would be a fantastic display! :rock:

I just hope they look a lot better than the current TWD figures, whatever scale those are. I admire how quickly McFarlane churns out wave after wave of TWD figures so that they're somewhat current (unlike a certain 1/6 company) but those ugly ratchet joints in the elbows and the messy paint on the faces have precluded me from picking any of them up.

I also wonder what kind of licenses McFarlane plans to get, considering NECA has already scooped up most of the relevant ones.

They got other licenses such as Naruto, Attack on Titan, Mass Effect and some others were shown at that Toy fair.

What kinds of articulation are we looking at I wonder. Will it be something like Neca or just a couple cut joints making the figure closer to a statue? This is pleasant news though. I can see me picking up a couple Walking Dead characters. Also, I wonder if Funko's Game of Thrones Legacy line really is dead. McFarlane could work it out to produce 7 inch figure there on top of his GoT playsets. That is if Funko gave up the rights on the 7 inch line.

With Mass Effect announced, I wouldn't mind them expanding on the video game characters. Maybe a reboot Lara Croft or The Last Of Us. Neca did it already, but I would love someone to take another shot at Bioshock Infinite. Booker and Elizabeth were pretty weak.

I was going to campaign for a Better Call Saul figure but Mezco kinda, sorta, already beat me to it.

MZ75400lg.jpg

It's nice to hear we're getting 7" figures from McFarlane again. I'm hoping the Walking Dead figures will have at least 20 PoA and am especially hoping for Comic Versions because those are my most favorite. It took me awhile before I started collecting the Walking Dead 5" line because of the odd scale. I'm happy to get them in 7" to fit in with the rest of my collection, but I have invested quite a bit in the 5" line by now and was hoping to complete a cast. I have mixed feelings about it but will get these in 7" if the articulation is ok.

It's nice to hear we're getting 7" figures from McFarlane again. I'm hoping the Walking Dead figures will have at least 20 PoA and am especially hoping for Comic Versions because those are my most favorite. It took me awhile before I started collecting the Walking Dead 5" line because of the odd scale. I'm happy to get them in 7" to fit in with the rest of my collection, but I have invested quite a bit in the 5" line by now and was hoping to complete a cast. I have mixed feelings about it but will get these in 7" if the articulation is ok.
You're hopes are gonna fall flat, sorry to say. Todd has confirmed selective cut joints are the extent of articulation. Comic series, for now, will remain 5".

Back