McFarlane 3-D Posters. Over?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dude, that to me personally is a ridiculous argument. neca saturated the market? i fail to believe mcF HAD TO bow out because of this. neca doesn't have the licensing to any and all films. that's like saying medicom should stop making western movie figs because hot toys makes far more 1/6 movie figs. i think it's more to do with mcF's lazy business plan.

also, i have the rocky, godfather, alien, robocop and jaws ones and they're incredible. i have a wall dedicated to them. i was really looking forward to more actually.

Medicom is from Japan, or wherever, same with HT and everything else like that. You wont find them easily in some store like Suncoast or something.

Let me give you a silly analogy.

You like comic books. You like to make comic books. Lets say you still go to school. You begin to make your own little comic books that all your friends love. They enjoy your books for years and years. (theres no story arc, just a story each book.) Now since your the only kid in your class producing these books, its unique.

Another kid begins to make his set of comics very similer to yours. Yours are better, but still. The other kid keeps making them faster and producing more then you. And then another kid comes in and joins in. So eventually you decide you must move on because...well, whats the point now?

maybe you're right celtic. i kinda wish they hadn't given up so easily if that's what they did. neca makes some amazing stuff but at that scale, mcfarlane's sculpting was second-to-none. and their 12 inch stuff was cool too. i really hope they do make a huge comeback at some point.

I have the Rocky 3-D,its pretty cool,i believe they made Rocky,Silence of the Lambs,Nightmare on Elm Street,Jaws,Robocop,Alien and friday the 13th,of what ive seen at least.

They never got to releasing Silence of the Lambs. It was canceled. Though my original post shows a link to what it looked like.

They are kewl, but not $20 kewl. Am waiting for Suncoast to clearance them before Suncoast is gone as well lol.

Medicom is from Japan, or wherever, same with HT and everything else like that. You wont find them easily in some store like Suncoast or something.

Let me give you a silly analogy.

You like comic books. You like to make comic books. Lets say you still go to school. You begin to make your own little comic books that all your friends love. They enjoy your books for years and years. (theres no story arc, just a story each book.) Now since your the only kid in your class producing these books, its unique.

Another kid begins to make his set of comics very similer to yours. Yours are better, but still. The other kid keeps making them faster and producing more then you. And then another kid comes in and joins in. So eventually you decide you must move on because...well, whats the point now?

Tons of items that people buy every single day like cars, computers, tvs, movies, chicken dinners, soda pop are still made by competing companies. It's called competition. Make your items better than the other guy, rinse and repeat.

McF's product is stale, it has been for years and years except for the blind Spawn buyers. Mcf's comics suck and so does his "figures"

Cars are needed. Computers are needed. Toys arent. You dont need toys.

That being said, my point still stands. Thank NECA for putting out subpar products and clogging up the market. (Some are good....but not all).

Thanks for reminding me about these. That Alien will make a great backdrop for Kane and Dallas. Picked up the robocop too - both for $15 at Amazon (really time & Space toys, I think).

I thought this was the lamest idea ever when Code 3 put their's out - but McF really made them worthwhile.

Thanks for reminding me about these. That Alien will make a great backdrop for Kane and Dallas. Picked up the robocop too - both for $15 at Amazon (really time & Space toys, I think).

I thought this was the lamest idea ever when Code 3 put their's out - but McF really made them worthwhile.

The Fiday the 13 and Nightmare on Elm St are a must also for any fan of the movies. They great by my Freddy and Jason figures.

Back