McFarlane 3-D Posters. Over?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kain's Ancient Blade

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wanted to know if anyone knows why the Silence of the Lambs and Platoon posters were cancelled? I thought the 3-D posters were a great concept and was looking foward to these. I was also hoping we would get a Halloween one, but I have not heard any other news except for the cancellation. How about you freaks? Any news? And are any of you interested in the line?

McFarlane basically put every line besides sports and Spawn on hold.

Take it up with NECA not McF. They had the movie thing, then NECA decided to take over, the SOTA, the Mezco....so what would be the point of making MORE movie stuff....when every single company is doing that?

They couldn't sell the old ones. I live in Az where it all began, you can still find any one of the 3-D posters in his main store in Tempe AZ.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mcfarlane products. I used to have a wholesale accout with them, but they were so unorganized I stopped ordering from them. I don't know whats going on with Mcfarlane, but they better do something to bring themselves back from the dead. They've lost to many great licensed product lines that made them so big 5-6 years ago. If they keep it up, they will continue to fade into the aybiss. The last great products I remember coming out of there were the large Alien & Matrix figures. I still have the 20 inch Sentinel up on a shelf. Since then, its been all down hill.

N-E-C-A Over...Saturated....the...market....with...all... their...movie...and...tv...toys.

Just...because...people...continue...discussing...the...subject...doesn't...mean...they...didn't...hear...you...the...first...two...times.

Stop...being...obnoxious.

But...they...keep...blaming...mcf...on...the aw screw it. They keep saying the same thing like they dont "read" what im saying. Its not their fault the market has more movie toys then ever, you want movies, go to NECA. McF needs to sell stupid toys that'll sell to make some money so they can actually make great figures again. Sometimes sacrifices must be made.

I have the Rocky 3-D,its pretty cool,i believe they made Rocky,Silence of the Lambs,Nightmare on Elm Street,Jaws,Robocop,Alien and friday the 13th,of what ive seen at least.

But...they...keep...blaming...mcf...on...the aw screw it. They keep saying the same thing like they dont "read" what im saying. Its not their fault the market has more movie toys then ever, you want movies, go to NECA. McF needs to sell stupid toys that'll sell to make some money so they can actually make great figures again. Sometimes sacrifices must be made.

dude, that to me personally is a ridiculous argument. neca saturated the market? i fail to believe mcF HAD TO bow out because of this. neca doesn't have the licensing to any and all films. that's like saying medicom should stop making western movie figs because hot toys makes far more 1/6 movie figs. i think it's more to do with mcF's lazy business plan.

also, i have the rocky, godfather, alien, robocop and jaws ones and they're incredible. i have a wall dedicated to them. i was really looking forward to more actually.

the ALIEN one is awesome , the light up feature looks great. Someone posted pics with it with the Kane and Dallas figures in a detolf , looked great :rock.

I was never impressed enough with one of these to want to drop $20 on one. They're pretty well done, but at the end of the day I could never justify it in my mind.

I have the Rocky 3-D,its pretty cool,i believe they made Rocky,Silence of the Lambs,Nightmare on Elm Street,Jaws,Robocop,Alien and friday the 13th,of what ive seen at least.

They also made Rocky Horror Picture Show and one of the Elvis concert posters.

Back