McFarlane 12" Scar Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slipknotpredator

Super Freak
Reaction score
I dont see much info about this pred here in the forum, but this McFarlane pred looks great next to Hot Toys ones if its posed right.

Dont like the face and the mask looks off, but could look great with a new custom mask, unfortunately i dont have the skills.

Many friends (not collectors) always say that Scar looks better than my other HT ones :cuckoo:

dsc0001zz.jpg

dsc0003ks.jpg

I had this and a stealth version if I remember correctly and honestly hated them both. :lol The legs were stuck wide apart like he was about to drop into the splits and that always annoyed me.
The spear snapped really easily with one of them , the dreads stuck in position mid air looked stupid to me and like you mentioned the mask is terrible. Instead of being removable they should have worked on the sculpt instead.

I always thought it was a pretty decent figure.
Not great in the articulation department, but still pretty cool.

Here's mine...

100_3087.jpg

This really was a more statue-esque piece. I think the reason why your friends liked it more than the HTs is because the McFarlane Scar looks more aged, weathered, and realistically-done than the first HT version.

Looked gorgeous on display for sure, especially next to the 12" Grid, but they collected dust like no figure I've ever owned. Had to let them go.

i never had it but i definitely prefer the sculpted dreads over HT's bendy Kenner toy dreads.

I hated the legs, I sold it for that reason alone.

Detail wise is pretty decent though.

Yeah, it'd been a hell of alot cooler if it could stand up straight.

Same for the 12" Grid Alien.

I don't know who at McF ok'd this f*&in' pose...but hopefully they're no longer employed.

100_3086.jpg

Yeah , I had the Alien too and also hated the legs on that one , they both just looked awkward to me. Face to face looks like they're dancing.

If these things had the poseability of the smaller-scale figures, they'd be awesome. Well, except for Grid; he still needs knee joints.

The Mcfarlane 12" Scar Predator was my first predator, he always be my favorite.

Here's mine, i had did some simple repainted on his mask, spear, dagger and armors to make them more silver.

IMG_9573.jpg

And added the air hoses on his mask too.
IMG_9575.jpg

IMG_9574.jpg

IMG_9582.jpg

IMG_9581.jpg

IMG_9584.jpg

compare.jpg

(the original paint job was too dark for me)

Devil_666 managed to do it; pics from THL:

customscar3af2.jpg

customscar4bj4.jpg

Nice modification!
I am very interested to see the detail how to modify the shoulder cannon to be more movie accurate.

I never knew these had fixed leg poses. They look ridiculous, particularly the Alien. This coming from someone who has great fondness for NECA and (some) McFarlane.

I never knew these had fixed leg poses. They look ridiculous, particularly the Alien. This coming from someone who has great fondness for NECA and (some) McFarlane.
yeah, i always hated that alien figure. there's one just sitting at my local comic shop collecting dust. he's in the Clearance Bin of Misfit Toys and nobody wants to give him a home.

Yeah, it'd been a hell of alot cooler if it could stand up straight.

Same for the 12" Grid Alien.

I don't know who at McF ok'd this f*&in' pose...but hopefully they're no longer employed.

100_3086.jpg

it had to be todd himself, he should fire himself for choosing those poses.

What is interesting is that Neca's Wolf has the same ridiculous pose.... why did two companies gave the predator that stupid pose? ?

necaavprp1.jpg

Back