Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

I got Kids Logic Mazinger Hover Pilder delivered.
It's kinda mixed feeling...

IMG_20171227_172210 by kyewans, on Flickr

IMG_20171227_172051 by kyewans, on Flickr

IMG_20171227_172201 by kyewans, on Flickr

I loved their 'Magnetic Levitating' series. Their first Delorean was really impressive and it was worth the money IMHO,
Now they cancelled the Aliens Dropship (due to technical difficulties, they say. I'm not sure.. they had working prototype on event displays. Maybe it's cost issue)
This one came with only Hong-Kong style power plug. and they changed the description on their website (It wasn't there before)
BBTS was generous enough to send me courtesy US plug after a couple of email back & forth. (Thank you BBTS! You're the BEST!)
Another was the rotating propellers. I'm sure I saw a youtube video of prototype rotating while floating. Now it's just there..(you can rotate with your finger now..-_-;;) and they took down the old demo video..WTF?

Capture by kyewans, on Flickr

It's cool item to have. Probably Not for that price thou.
Now I'm slightly worried about the VF-1 cockpit that's supposed to be delivered by this month..

Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

1-248.png

1-247.png

12-125.png

Reminds me of StarCraft SCVs haha...I like it

combattler v dx is out. i hope they give voltes v the same treatment. :]

https://twitter.com/tendoutoys/status/960453905149714434

SOC FA(full action)....

im eyeing daimos and voltes v :woo

These remind me a lot of SRC with a little Robot Damashii thrown in for good measure - and the the SoC branding so Bandai can get away with charging $120+ for a 5-6" non-transforming figure with minimal diecast, naturally :ohbfrank:

**HUGE** Grail came in today in the form of CMS Brave Gokin DX Great Baan Gaan

20180212_210713-e1518494378110.jpg

These remind me a lot of SRC with a little Robot Damashii thrown in for good measure - and the the SoC branding so Bandai can get away with charging $120+ for a 5-6" non-transforming figure with minimal diecast, naturally :ohbfrank:

i think they're dumping the SRC line if the rumors are correct. :lol

They were already charging outrageous price for the line and the pieces had less and less diecast which is why the failure of a line died; particularly with the SOC line itself getting better and better. It was a long overdue rebranding but it looks like these are a slightly larger scale at 7" which I don't agree with. Pretty much a **** you to previous investors (like myself.) I don't really see any parallels to the Robot Damashii line.

-------------------------------

Catching the thread up on pertinent mecha news:

- Sentinel Mospeada delayed until March.

- Metal Build Movie Mazinger released in some areas.

- Sentinel Shin Getter still on schedule for this month.

- The Armarauders creator made a statement the other day that they're going to pick back up with production on this line after Chinese New Year. The main priority is rebuilding the fanbase and their faith after such a long hiatus so nothing immediately planned for released but the gunmetal Bellerophon is what's coming next whenever production begins.

- Sentinel is doing a Ryuo Maru under their Metamor-Force line as well as a 4inch-nel Wataru. Awesome to see the series getting some love.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread seems to lull until I post something and then someone randomly posts something else. Do you guys collect? What are some of your favorite pieces and lines? Share some collection pics!

I don't really see any parallels to the Robot Damashii line.

I was mainly thinking in terms of plastic content :lol

This thread seems to lull until I post something and then someone randomly posts something else. Do you guys collect? What are some of your favorite pieces and lines? Share some collection pics!

cWDe1Kp.jpg

5gBULEg.jpg

4ToxoIy.jpg

lXb5quW.jpg

Here's a few recent favourites. I've picked up more Patlabor figures since the first photo, going for the complete set.

cWDe1Kp.jpg

5gBULEg.jpg

4ToxoIy.jpg

lXb5quW.jpg

Here's a few recent favourites. I've picked up more Patlabor figures since the first photo, going for the complete set.

Very cool, man. What line arethe patlabor stuff? the Yamato Patlabor is one of my last grails to get.

Very cool, man. What line arethe patlabor stuff? the Yamato Patlabor is one of my last grails to get.

Robot Damashii - I've thoroughly enjoyed every release so far, with the Saturn and Tyrant Labors being standouts. The Yamato Ingrams are also my ultimate grails, but Jesus Chris the prices they go for at this point are insane.

Robot Damashii - I've thoroughly enjoyed every release so far, with the Saturn and Tyrant Labors being standouts. The Yamato Ingrams are also my ultimate grails, but Jesus Chris the prices they go for at this point are insane.

Very cool. I collected quite a few of the RD stuff until I went to 1/100 + scale and diecast products. I think they're very good stuff for what they're worth and moderately priced.

And yea, the Yamato Patlabors aren't TOO insanely priced considering the rarity (not even close to the most I'd have spent on a piece,) but what's holding me back is wanting to find a mint one from a U.S. seller.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upcoming stuff I'm excited for:

- Sentinel Riobot Shin Getter
- Sentinel Riobot Mospeada
- Bandai Metal Build Mazinger Z (from Mazinger: Infinity)
- Bandai Metal Build Quan (t) ~ Got in stock notice; just needs to ship
- Bandai Metal Build Arbalest
- Bandai Soul of Chogokin Dragon Cesar

Back