Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

2-313.png

Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

i have this, box battered. ended up back in the box because there's no place for it. the weathering is nice but mine seems to be sagging 1 side. don't think the soft plastic legs will hold the weight for long before deforming.

did you not get the Great Mazinger & Black Mazinger versions? i remember they also made the pilot figures and maybe there's a Getter or Grendizer too?

Size wise it's big for today's standard but still puny compared to the old Jumbo grades.

also seems no way to secure the pileder onto the head properly.

Overall I'm very happy with it, except for two things. The Pilder as you mentioned, which is not secure. Luckily Mazinger won't be moved around very often, so it's not a big deal. The other minor nitpick is that i wish the eyes were more diamond shaped and not so flat across the top. Other than that, its pretty awesome IMO. The paint and weathering is done well and I really like the metallic blue used on the arms and legs.

Hopefully he stays stable and the legs don't give out over time, but he feels very sturdy as of now.

I'm most likely going to get Great Mazinger as well. Character wise I prefer Mazinger Z but I think ZC World did an even better job on Great Mazinger.

Overall I'm very happy with it, except for two things. The Pilder as you mentioned, which is not secure. Luckily Mazinger won't be moved around very often, so it's not a big deal. The other minor nitpick is that i wish the eyes were more diamond shaped and not so flat across the top. Other than that, its pretty awesome IMO. The paint and weathering is done well and I really like the metallic blue used on the arms and legs.

Hopefully he stays stable and the legs don't give out over time, but he feels very sturdy as of now.

I'm most likely going to get Great Mazinger as well. Character wise I prefer Mazinger Z but I think ZC World did an even better job on Great Mazinger.

one thing i'm worried is whether they will turn sticky over time. hard rubber has this tendency to sweat you can wipe it off but they just keep coming and sometimes the color fades.

After getting Jumbo Mazinger Z last week, I felt I needed something else to pair up with him.......so I picked up the Toynami 30th Anniversary Jumbo Voltron (2015). Originally I was going to get Toynami's Shogun Warriors Golion (2011) but after comparing the two the decision was pretty easy. The overall sculpt and head design of this one blows away the older Shogun version. It also has more traditional "Shogun" features of a true Jumbo Machinder, such as the wheels on the feet and launching fists. The fact that I found it brand new for under $200 compared to the $400+ Shogun was another bonus. The only thing that I like better about the Shogun version is that the chest crest is sculpted on compared to a sticker (not a fan of stickers and would rather just leave it blank).

golion.jpg

So I'd never taken a picture of the Sentinel xT-Rex Giant Gorg Manon Type... I don't know why, either but man I tell you what between this pic and just handling it it just reconfirmed my feelings that this and Giant Gorg regular are two of the finest Gokin pieces I've ever even seen let alone owned.

1-414.png

Messed around with Dino Getter 2 for the first time today and I have to say that it's such a fiddly, floppy piece of crap that if someone was like, "it's fine." I'd just say ok and have a hard time trusting anything they said after that I didn't know was fact. I'd read it was a mess but man, ****. No wonder it's still around places at a 3rd of the MSRP.

2glow-15.png

Fewture Model's EX Gokin Energer 1969, Mazinger 1969, and Great Mazinger 1969. All original colorings. The additional spazer set is also utilized here.

1glow-24.png

https://youtu.be/qqj_8gV3wSU

Got the breakdown article and gallery up for Wave Corporation's W.H.A.M. Patlabor AV-98 Ingram Alphonse up. https://kumastyledesigns.com/wave-wham-ingram-review/

title-fb-Wave-ingram.png

Article gets into depth but gave it a 6.5 out of 10. It's certainly a nice piece but feels like one that ticks off the bare minimums without doing anything to really set it apart. Here are a few pics from the gallery portion:

6-256.png

5-263.png

11-202.png

4glow-7.png

Guys can you recommend a site or store to buy SOC? Thanks

First non-Star Wars Chogokin and really impressed. 53164752-0422-498F-B843-7524EBD219AB.jpg

The full breakdown and gallery article for the Yamato 1/24 AV-98 1 (Ingram Unit 1) is up on Kuma Style. https://kumastyledesigns.com/yamato-ingram-1-review/

title-slider-av-98-1.png

Article Summary; I gave this one beyond a 10 even because honestly Just perfect from the box, to the packaging, to every millimeter of the figure itself. It's insane to me that something a decade old at this point is above and beyond something that can be used as a standard bearer for today's mecha collectibles. It's mind boggling to me to hear stories from those collecting back then that this was passed on to the point where it went on sale for significant markdowns when looking at the MSRP it was actually quite a deal at full price for what you get (compare this at 23k JPY to something like the Getter Devolution Getter 1 from Sentinel at 26k; no contest.) Truly a once-in-a-lifetime piece and I can't think of a real argument for against anyone calling it the G.O.A.T. in terms of mecha collectibles.

Samples from gallery portion of article (full gallery consists of 22 images;)

8..png

5-265.png

21-72.png

7-246.png

16-136.png

A few quick snaps of the Wave W.H.A.M. Patlabor ARL-99 Airborne Assault Labor (Helldiver: )

1-425.png

2-324.png

5-266.png

Finally completed (at least the ones that I wanted) the "Go Nagai Robot Collection"

20190422_152020.jpg

20190422_152538.jpg

20190422_152340.jpg

20190422_152838.jpg

20190422_152726.jpg

20190422_153030.jpg

King Arts Grendizer + Spazer _ Bandai Metal Build Mazinger-Z
32731511627_2a34d5fd0a_o.jpg

Riobot Grendizer (Full set with Spazer) initial shots:

1-432.png

2-329.png

3-307.png

4-280.png

Back