Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

20190103_112714-e1546542185706.jpg

Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Sentinel Metamor-Force Ryuoumaru Metal Jacket add-on set article/gallery up. https://kumastyledesigns.com/sentinel-ryuoumaru-metal-jacket-review/

title-twitter-Ryuoumaru-MJ.png

Honestly, I actually like this add-on set much more than the Getter Devolution upgrades mostly because of the presence that it adds on a shelf. It shines even from a distance and manages to do so without being obnoxious. Here are a few pics from the gallery portion:

8-220.png

10-196.png

9-207.png

Just finished building my 1/144 Bandai HG Great Mazinger from Mazinger Z Infinity (which I got the Blu Ray last week). Really enjoyed the movie and these kits are awesome. I have Mazinger Z on the way from Japan and can't wait to get him assembled.

20190226_153709.jpg

20190226_151650.jpg

20190226_152002.jpg

20190226_151939.jpg

20190226_151755.jpg

Just finished building my 1/144 Bandai HG Great Mazinger from Mazinger Z Infinity (which I got the Blu Ray last week). Really enjoyed the movie and these kits are awesome. I have Mazinger Z on the way from Japan and can't wait to get him assembled.

Looks great!!
Stupid question, but how poseable are the model kits... I've never bought one....

Looks great!!
Stupid question, but how poseable are the model kits... I've never bought one....

Thanks!

They're pretty much as poseable as anything in Bandai's Soul Of Chogokin line. The only differences are that they are bigger (around 8"), all plastic (no metal) and obviously have to be built.

Alright, so got the article for Sentinel's Riobot Getter Devolution Black Getter up. https://kumastyledesigns.com/sentinel-devolution-black-getter-review/

Title-Facebook-GD-Black-Getter.png

Basically, I didn't even do a breakdown of this one because it's direct repaint of the Getter 1 with an added scarf and different spikes on the left forearm. I absolutely gave it a 10 though because per usual Sentinel really made the redeco more than just that. It's an awesome display piece and I really feel like they get the "essence" of what the Armageddon Getter Ryoma represented and that's why they transfer it so well to non-canon Getter Ryomas where other company Black Getters really fall flat, IMO. Here are some pics from the gallery:

4-262.png

13-184.png

7-238.png

12-193.png

got a robot theme going on at worke

20190304_102216.jpg

thank you sir, i wish i had the time to do proper photography on these bastards, they're so cool

Just received a personal grail of mine - the ZC World 60cm/23 inch Jumbo Mazinger Z!

20190308_111821.jpg

20190308_111839.jpg

20190308_112210.jpg

20190308_113232.jpg

20190308_115233.jpg

20190308_113357.jpg

Last edited:

thank you so much for the encouragement, man! I love that you collect Jumbo. It doesn't really have a place in my collection at the moment but hoping one day. There's such a pleasure in even just looking at them in other people's collections!

1-408.png

i have this, box battered. ended up back in the box because there's no place for it. the weathering is nice but mine seems to be sagging 1 side. don't think the soft plastic legs will hold the weight for long before deforming.

did you not get the Great Mazinger & Black Mazinger versions? i remember they also made the pilot figures and maybe there's a Getter or Grendizer too?

Size wise it's big for today's standard but still puny compared to the old Jumbo grades.

also seems no way to secure the pileder onto the head properly.

Back