Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

the pilder is very rare and immensely expensive to buy unfortunately...

Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Yes indeed, i read somewhere that only less than 30 pcs where made and that was awhile ago. Thanks friend.

Are you saying there is 1/6 scale version of hover-pilder that I don't know about? I need some proof!

Sorry mate that was meant for someone else who posted here and said he hated anime figures. Apologies for the mistake. I'm a newbie here....

Sorry mate that was meant for someone else who posted here and said he hated anime figures. Apologies for the mistake. I'm a newbie here....

No problem! We were all newbies once! :)
I, for one, LOVE robo anime figures

I would really like to have this one.
Sorry for looking all mestup but those are the only one's i could find on the 1/6 scale pilder.

I would really like to have this one.
Sorry for looking all mestup but those are the only one's i could find on the 1/6 scale pilder.

such a rare piece. You might be better off trying to make one

such a rare piece. You might be better off trying to make one
If i knew how believe me i would make one but i would be more inclined to the hover pilder instead of this one jet pilder.
Would make with light up dashboard an all the bell n whistle s , put on it cruise control, an a alarm when is park.

Newbie chogokin collector here...just started yesterday, in fact.

When I was a kid in the 70's and early 80's, there was a cartoon show on in the US called Force Five, which was five different giant robot shows, edited and redubbed in English. They were Grandizer (Grendizer), Gaiking, Space-keteers, Danguard Ace, and the Starvengers, (which had a robot with three pilots, and the robot could transform into three different versions). Each individual series was on one day of the week--my favorite, Grandizer, was on Thursdays. I still remember the actor who portrayed the pilot shouting his name ("Orion Queeeeeesssst!") in order to change into his pilot uniform, and then shouting the names of Grandizer's weapons as he fired them ("Screw-crusher punch!" "Space thunder!") I loved that show, along with another anime show on at that time, Star-Blazers. One Christmas my mother got me a couple of those 5" diecast Shogun Warriors robots they were selling in the five and dime stores and I was just in love: even though I had previously been collecting Mego superheroes, these Shogun warriors were cooler because they were made of metal and their fists actually fired!

I've been nostalgic about those robots ever since, even though I don't watch anime (my interest began and ended with Force Five and Star Blazers; modern anime stuff is just bewildering to me) and I never bought any other robot toys afterwards (you couldn't really find them outside of specialty stores, and then I became a teenager and video games was where my pocket money went.) Anyway, while looking around on ebay yesterday I came across a Grendizer figure and that made me do a little research into the modern robot toys. (Also, part of my interest stems from the fact that Hot Toys cost $200 a pop and all they do is sit on my shelf looking unassailably perfect. But where's the fun? The robots were fun. The Hot Toys are just...there, and it's hard to stay excited for them.) I guess there are two main robot lines that collectors have decided are the best: the Soul of Chogokin and the the Super Robot Chogokin lines. Although lots of the robots in these lines look really goofy and silly to me (for instance: why do some robots seem to wear capes? Why are they painted with so many colors that they look like a box of skittles?), yesterday I jumped in nevertheless and ordered three of the coolest Super Robot Chogokin figures: Grendizer (still awesome after all these years), Raideen (I always loved the robot's sphinx-like design) and Mazinkaiser (a version of Mazinger I guess? All I know is he looks really cool. And the one I got doesn't have a cape. Because giant robots shouldn't wear capes.) I chose the Super Robot Chogokin instead of the Soul of Chogokin versions because they're in the small scale I remember from when I was a kid, and also because they seem more like toys than the "Soul" versions; Grendizer has rocket trails you can attach to his arms to fire his screw-crusher punch fists, and he has a great-looking bolt of space thunder that can be attached to his head too.

I'm a bit worried though that when I receive these I'll be wishing I had ordered the Soul versions instead, since those are the "deluxe" versions, and the Soul of Chogokin Grendizer is pretty tempting. Also it seems the Soul line has some robots that the Super Robot line doesn't--such as Dragon (Dragun?), the main robot from Starvengers, who I really want. But I really don't want to collect another toy line that just sits on my shelf looking pretty like the Hot Toys do. Anyone have any advice about these two lines? And is it possible to own both the Super Robot and Soul of Chogokin versions of certain robots without feeling like you're double-dipping?

Newbie chogokin collector here...just started yesterday, in fact.

When I was a kid in the 70's and early 80's, there was a cartoon show on in the US called Force Five, which was five different giant robot shows, edited and redubbed in English. They were Grandizer (Grendizer), Gaiking, Space-keteers, Danguard Ace, and the Starvengers, (which had a robot with three pilots, and the robot could transform into three different versions). Each individual series was on one day of the week--my favorite, Grandizer, was on Thursdays. I still remember the actor who portrayed the pilot shouting his name ("Orion Queeeeeesssst!") in order to change into his pilot uniform, and then shouting the names of Grandizer's weapons as he fired them ("Screw-crusher punch!" "Space thunder!") I loved that show, along with another anime show on at that time, Star-Blazers. One Christmas my mother got me a couple of those 5" diecast Shogun Warriors robots they were selling in the five and dime stores and I was just in love: even though I had previously been collecting Mego superheroes, these Shogun warriors were cooler because they were made of metal and their fists actually fired!

I've been nostalgic about those robots ever since, even though I don't watch anime (my interest began and ended with Force Five and Star Blazers; modern anime stuff is just bewildering to me) and I never bought any other robot toys afterwards (you couldn't really find them outside of specialty stores, and then I became a teenager and video games was where my pocket money went.) Anyway, while looking around on ebay yesterday I came across a Grendizer figure and that made me do a little research into the modern robot toys. (Also, part of my interest stems from the fact that Hot Toys cost $200 a pop and all they do is sit on my shelf looking unassailably perfect. But where's the fun? The robots were fun. The Hot Toys are just...there, and it's hard to stay excited for them.) I guess there are two main robot lines that collectors have decided are the best: the Soul of Chogokin and the the Super Robot Chogokin lines. Although lots of the robots in these lines look really goofy and silly to me (for instance: why do some robots seem to wear capes? Why are they painted with so many colors that they look like a box of skittles?), yesterday I jumped in nevertheless and ordered three of the coolest Super Robot Chogokin figures: Grendizer (still awesome after all these years), Raideen (I always loved the robot's sphinx-like design) and Mazinkaiser (a version of Mazinger I guess? All I know is he looks really cool. And the one I got doesn't have a cape. Because giant robots shouldn't wear capes.) I chose the Super Robot Chogokin instead of the Soul of Chogokin versions because they're in the small scale I remember from when I was a kid, and also because they seem more like toys than the "Soul" versions; Grendizer has rocket trails you can attach to his arms to fire his screw-crusher punch fists, and he has a great-looking bolt of space thunder that can be attached to his head too.

I'm a bit worried though that when I receive these I'll be wishing I had ordered the Soul versions instead, since those are the "deluxe" versions, and the Soul of Chogokin Grendizer is pretty tempting. Also it seems the Soul line has some robots that the Super Robot line doesn't--such as Dragon (Dragun?), the main robot from Starvengers, who I really want. But I really don't want to collect another toy line that just sits on my shelf looking pretty like the Hot Toys do. Anyone have any advice about these two lines? And is it possible to own both the Super Robot and Soul of Chogokin versions of certain robots without feeling like you're double-dipping?

Theres no feeling of double dipping here man, I too grew up watching Force Five and Starvengers was my favorite cartoon along with Gaiking and Dangard Ace.
I own a lot of Soul of Chogokin (SOC) and Super Robot Chogokin (SRC) and I have to say I will own any version of Getter Robo G (Starvengers) I can. I mean Getter Dragon, and all of his incarnations such as regular Getter Robo1 as well as Shin Getter and NeoGetter. When it comes to the classic robots theres no such thing as double dipping. The good thing about the SRC line is that their smaller and of course a bit cheaper. There still quality figures with lots of diecasat and usually in hand have some heft to them so they feel good.

I know a lot of guys here are Mazinger Z (Tranzor Z) fans and have multiple variations of all the Maz figures, from Great Maz, Mazinkaiser, Maz Skl. Im pretty sure
a lot of them wouldn't give up any of those figures or have thoughts of double dipping.

I'm one of them actually!!
All the Mazinger figures I have feel unique as they have different features or details that make them special!!
I'd love to get my hands on a DX Mazinger but seems unlikely...
Still, I love both the SOC and the SRC alike!!

Oh and I've been working on a custom 12" Koji, but it's proven to be quite the challenge...

Totally agree! I love them all! Each one has a different reason I like it.

My childhood robot is Grendizer.
I grew up in Israel, and as a little kid in the 70s. Israeli TV only had 1 ( one!!! ) channel, operating from 6pm to roughly 10pm daily.
You could get the Jordanian channel via a fancy antenna which we didn't have, but my friend's father got one, so every day at 5pm me and 2 other friends would go to her apartment and watch it.
It was dubbed in Arabic and in black&white, but I'd never forget the daily experience of watching Grendizer battle those giant robot monsters....

I grew up on the same things, and like you melkorjunior, my interest in most anime ended with Force Five, Robotech, and G-Force/Battle of the Planets (the neutered Gatchaman).
I wouldn't worry about double-dipping... it's really all personal preference. Having several Grandizers, or Mazingers, or Getters totally works, as long as it works on your shelves. They are all slightly different, and mostly in different scales as well. I personally, am really hoping for a DX Grandizer as 2015 would be the 40th anniversary. It would look sick next to the DX Mazinger!

I'm one of them actually!!
All the Mazinger figures I have feel unique as they have different features or details that make them special!!
I'd love to get my hands on a DX Mazinger but seems unlikely...
Still, I love both the SOC and the SRC alike!!

Oh and I've been working on a custom 12" Koji, but it's proven to be quite the challenge...

Youre exactly who I thought of Kuzeh when I thought of people with multiple Mazingers. To each their own and like I said I cant get enough of Getter Robo, so the more the merrier.

Update!

I've changed my focus now to Soul of Chogokin figures, as I like the size better. I now own Grandizer (the complete set with the ship and all the spazers), Mazinger, Raideen, Getter Dragon, Poseidon and Liger, Garada K7, Doublas, the newer GX51 Dragon, the special Golden Venus, and from HL Pro, Giru Giru and Gin Gin! Giru Giru and Gin Gin are Grandizer enemies that are in scale with Soul of Chogokin, give or take, and are diecast, and look wonderfully funky in that 70's way. Gin Gin has a crazy light blue and green color scheme that's a nice change of pace from the usual red, black, and silver we get from a lot of the other robots.

For now this is it for me, as I haven't seen any other robot designs out there that I really like. I prefer the 70's style of robots with their blocky, streamlined features; the stuff that came after in the 80's looks too gaudy and has too many bits and doodads attached. A Grandizer DX sounds like something I'd be onboard for though, as he's always been my favorite robot, as well as more enemy robots from the 70's shows.

One interesting thing about the Soul of Chogokin line is the varying sizes of robots within the line. I bought the most recent Mazinger Z (the GX-45) as the SOC line has made huge improvements in the construction of these figures since the early days and I find the more recent figures are just better constructed in general, but I was surprised at how small he was compared to, say, Raideen. I don't mind it at all, as the measurements are based on the old TV shows, but it's just interesting.

Update!

I've changed my focus now to Soul of Chogokin figures, as I like the size better. I now own Grandizer (the complete set with the ship and all the spazers), Mazinger, Raideen, Getter Dragon, Poseidon and Liger, Garada K7, Doublas, the newer GX51 Dragon, the special Golden Venus, and from HL Pro, Giru Giru and Gin Gin! Giru Giru and Gin Gin are Grandizer enemies that are in scale with Soul of Chogokin, give or take, and are diecast, and look wonderfully funky in that 70's way. Gin Gin has a crazy light blue and green color scheme that's a nice change of pace from the usual red, black, and silver we get from a lot of the other robots.

For now this is it for me, as I haven't seen any other robot designs out there that I really like. I prefer the 70's style of robots with their blocky, streamlined features; the stuff that came after in the 80's looks too gaudy and has too many bits and doodads attached. A Grandizer DX sounds like something I'd be onboard for though, as he's always been my favorite robot, as well as more enemy robots from the 70's shows.

One interesting thing about the Soul of Chogokin line is the varying sizes of robots within the line. I bought the most recent Mazinger Z (the GX-45) as the SOC line has made huge improvements in the construction of these figures since the early days and I find the more recent figures are just better constructed in general, but I was surprised at how small he was compared to, say, Raideen. I don't mind it at all, as the measurements are based on the old TV shows, but it's just interesting.

Don't mind the size differences, Bandai doesn't actually follow it and it would be crazy if they did. For example SOC Danguard Ace is supposed to be 200 meters while Mazinger is about 20 meters. The soc version of Danguard Ace is just about 7 inches and soc Mazinger is 6 inches. Also I would suggest getting a CM jeeg or a Zpro Jeeg cause he's a cool classic robot too. The CM one was reissued by arcadia and would be a more easier piece to acquire as the cm version is already fetching more than a 1000 bucks. The zpro version is just as good but lacks some accessories of the cm version but still a solid figure for 100 bucks.

I'm glad I found people here that also loves super robots. I'm doing some experiments with my 3d printer and I've designed and printed out a couple of robots that like, I've been designing more but it's gonna take time to get them all done.
11133684_10200304210044866_4132249552176178271_n.jpg

10425430_10200304209724858_642203543585491500_n.jpg

10941036_10200202182454240_5331362860750489104_n.jpg

11017079_10200153805724852_8403351391869473855_n.jpg

Here is my damdam that was mazinger enemy that i printed too. Still needs some paint to get it done.
11043367_10200237256211062_1130647326577848684_o.jpg

10339632_10200211887856869_5791872907541524770_n.jpg

These are the other robots ive been working on. I still have others but they are not yet fully modelled.
11041796_10200181534578056_4138036507893779096_n.jpg

10941904_10200151342463272_4809354010543695110_n.jpg

17390_10200333888666813_1860086960383062415_n.jpg

10402464_10200303374183970_8354562206998768041_n.jpg

11083911_10200268113982487_243324123976144774_n.jpg

Back