Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) - Official thread!!

I wish bandai or somebody would make a janus from grendizer. He was my favorite bad guy robot when I was a kid.

That a pretty good price for the set. Grendizer is the one SOC of the main robots of the 70's that I dont own any kind of version of. I just dont want to pay for the ships and all,I just want the bot thats why I never pulled the trigger on this guy.

I feel the same way. I'm hoping we get a Super Robot version of Grendizer soon. Love that scale and the weapons packs are awesome. Not to mention the prices are much easier on the wallet...

Totally agree Smitty, the more and more Super Robot Chogokins I get I keep wishing they rerelease some of the other classic bots. Like you said plus its much easier on the wallet.

I really want them to do the Getter G team.

That would be rad! We'll see... :pray:

Another top on my list would be Gaiking.

thanks everybody, i would pay 186 rather+200 or more for an old box with this toy, tbh.. i was about to get it from ebay but thank god man lol, once i have it in july ll post some pictures for you guys :)

That would be rad! We'll see... :pray:

Another top on my list would be Gaiking.

yeah i have SOC Daiku Maryu (Space Dragon) and I have the solo SOC Gaiking, but Id love a SRC Gaiking.

I wish Bandai would get the license to Dangard Ace. Hes another on my list. I missed out on the version some company did a few years ago, but i just wish a SOC or SRC of him would come out.

I'd also love to see a SRC Mazinkaiser to go along with the other SRC Mazingers...

yeah man, well judging by how many Maz version Bandai does, I wouldnt be surprised if we eventually get one Kuzeh for sure. Id easily pick one up myself.

Can't wait for bandai to make Mazinkaiser.. So is there any recommendations guys? What about Max Gokin Mazinkaiser?

Hi guys,

Close-up shots of my display cabinet
SR19.jpg

SR20.jpg

SR17.jpg

SR18.jpg

SR14.jpg

SR15.jpg

SR12.jpg

SR13.jpg

SR7a.jpg

SR8.jpg

TFL.
dri1

Can't wait for bandai to make Mazinkaiser.. So is there any recommendations guys? What about Max Gokin Mazinkaiser?

I have that one and absolutely love it!
It's beautifully crafted and has a ton of accessories... really top notch!
The Black Wing Kaiser Scrander on the Aoshima looks a bit nicer than the Maz Factory one...
Can't go wrong with any of them... but I definitely prefer the Max one.

BTW guys,
just read this:

https://toyfreakz.com/blog/?p=1074

Evolution Toy Daiku Maryu & Gaiking!
WRITTEN BY: TOYFREAK - APR• 26•12

Evolution Toy is expanding their classic Super Robot line with two new stellar entries! First up in August will be Gaiking. He stands just under seven inches tall, is made of PVC and die-cast and will feature Evolution’s innovative magnetic ball joint construction. Also slated for release in August is this absolutely gigantic Daiku Maryu – Space Dragon! This thirty one inch long behemoth has already got the fans excited and will feature some nifty gimmicks! Not only will it combine with Gaiking, as featured in the animated show, but it also has magnetic ball joints and will come packaged with its three classic support vehicles – Nessar, Skylar and Bazolar. Look for Gaiking and Daiku Maryu to retail for around $169.99 and $249.99, when they are released this Summer.

Evolution-Toy-Gaiking-Image.jpg

gaiking02.jpg

Evolution-Toy-Daiku-Maryu-Gaiking-Image.jpg

Evolution-Toy-Daiku-Maryu-Image.jpg

Evolution-Toy-Daiku-Maryu-Vehicles-Image.jpg

Looking good!!:rock!!

yeah ive heard the Max Mazinkaiser is well worth the money. I dont have it, but have nothing bad about it. Its a hefty piece of robot goodness.

Yeah I seen those pics yesterday on collectiondx. That gaiking looks great, I really cant wait to see more pics of that Daiku Maryu...not sure where I would put him though. Im kinda iffy on the magnetic ball concept though. I remember SOC Jeeg having that kind of engineering and those magnetic balls being the #1 complaint of people who had it. Saying it was very fragile.

During a Manga event in Spain, Go Nagai says they are in talks to do a live action Mazinger movie!!
:panic:
I hope they do indeed make it... the tease of that Gaiking one a couple of years ago, really got me excited for a new era of Super Robot movies... we'll see!!

In the meantime:

545813_10151689443395316_259118175315_23653573_677937087_n.jpg

And BTW dri1
Love your collection, very neatly and nicely displayed!!
And you have 2 Ankoku Daishogun!!:panic:
The Dr. Hell one and Gorgon! Nice!!
I've been trying to score one for a decent price for years... no luck...

SR20.jpg

Damn, i so want one of those Daishoguns!!! Yeah after the Gaiking tease I pretty much given up on any super robot live action movies. I mean I heard they were supposed to do one with Voltron as well, but who knows.

Wait, I remember the voltron announcement a couple years ago too. Anyone know whatever became of that? I was looking foward to it for the movie and new toys.

No news on Voltron...

In other news, I just saw this posted on Tamashii's website...
There'll be an exclusive figure released during an event @ Nagai's Memorial Hall, it's a Mazinger Z figure with Devilman colors!!
looks awesome but I'm sure impossible to get at decent prices...
BTW love the 40th logo! :rock!

photo_01.jpg

photo_02.jpg

Damn thats pretty awesome, yeah that Maz and Devil man mashup is crazy awesome. Yeah it'll be crazy money to get one of those.

@Kuzeh: Thanks. I'll need to re-arrange the display once I'm back to the Philippines for vacation (currently in Germany working) to accommodate the 1/6 Figs I got this year.

The Ankouku Daishogun (metallic & TV ver) comes w/ Dr. Hell @ Gorgon respectively. The TV ver is China back-door ver I.e. w/o the ltd sticker & chain. Supposed to be ltd to 500 pcs worldwide but Aoshima produce more but not numbered. Got it for almost the SRP price same w/ the metallic ver.

Is that Maz w/ Devil Man color from SOC GX-45 mold? Or from SRC line? Bandai really milking the Shin Mazinger mold :slap

@Kuzeh: Thanks. I'll need to re-arrange the display once I'm back to the Philippines for vacation (currently in Germany working) to accommodate the 1/6 Figs I got this year.

The Ankouku Daishogun (metallic & TV ver) comes w/ Dr. Hell @ Gorgon respectively. The TV ver is China back-door ver I.e. w/o the ltd sticker & chain. Supposed to be ltd to 500 pcs worldwide but Aoshima produce more but not numbered. Got it for almost the SRP price same w/ the metallic ver.

Is that Maz w/ Devil Man color from SOC GX-45 mold? Or from SRC line? Bandai really milking the Shin Mazinger mold :slap

That Maz/Devil Man is from the SRC line and it looksl ike the same Maz mold. As for Bandai milking Shin Maz...uh they milk the hell out of Maz in general. I mean how many version do we need of Maz. Im not complaining its just one of those things where with the amount of time and energy they put into Maz I wish they would put more into Grendizer or maybe Getter G.

Sweet dude! Keep us posted on your collection, it's absolutely amazing!
And yes, it's SRC...

That Maz/Devil Man is from the SRC line and it looksl ike the same Maz mold. As for Bandai milking Shin Maz...uh they milk the hell out of Maz in general. I mean how many version do we need of Maz. Im not complaining its just one of those things where with the amount of time and energy they put into Maz I wish they would put more into Grendizer or maybe Getter G.

Yeah, I know, I mean... I cannot complain since my all-time favorite Super-Robot is Mazinger, but it would be cool if they did more characters from other Super-Robot lines...

Back