Maybe this collection is slightly overpriced...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back when the PS3 had just came out, there were a bunch of similar auctions where people would try to sell a PS3 for a ridiculous price, accompanied with a hard luck story. They may very well be facing hard times (although the story hardly seems that bad compared to many), but it's silly to think that someone is going to swoop in and save you out of the kindness of their heart.

I don't see anything special about the collection. Maybe $1000 worth of stuff.
me neither. especially considering collectibles from today. i have all the episode I hasbro figures, but i doubt they'll ever be worth more than what i paid for them....i think just the thrill of hunting down all of them including the hard to find ones made it worth it IMO. but for $150k i could buy a really nice car and a bunch of SS PF stuff that will look much more upscale than any hasbro action figures.

Back when the PS3 had just came out, there were a bunch of similar auctions where people would try to sell a PS3 for a ridiculous price, accompanied with a hard luck story. They may very well be facing hard times (although the story hardly seems that bad compared to many), but it's silly to think that someone is going to swoop in and save you out of the kindness of their heart.
true, but remember back when the PS2 came out you could actually make a profit selling those for retarded prices. my friend worked at Toys R Us back then and abused his employee perks and put two of them where they couldn't be found. he kept one for himself and sold the other for enough to pay for both, essentially getting a PS2 for free because someone was mad enough to pay $900 for a game system.

"Help me Obamawan Kenobi, you're my only hope" shut off the tractor beam that is "real life" and responsibility.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

obama_jedi_knight.jpg

I reckon the guy told his wife that his stuff was worth 1,000's of bucks to keep her off his back and let him carry on collecting. Now its crunch time and she's gonna find out that it's worth poodoo! :rotfl

this is a joke right? what a tosser if she thinks someone will shell out 150K for that!

she wrote "I want to reward my husband?" well give him a bj, he'll enjoy that.

I reckon the guy told his wife that his stuff was worth 1,000's of bucks to keep her off his back and let him carry on collecting. Now its crunch time and she's gonna find out that it's worth poodoo! :rotfl

THIS
100_4115-739982.jpg

= THIS
news-graphics-2007-_647781a.jpg

That guy is so boned.

How would it make sense for someone to artificially inflate the value of their collection? Everybody I know seems to underestimate how much their stuff costs so they won't get in trouble with the wife.

LOL, there is nothing in that collection worth buying for more than $1 a piece.

She has 100 items at $1 each = $100.

Then she supposedly has 2 MR lightsabers for maybe $75 each so that make a total of $250. So she is charging $14,750 toO much. WOW.

:lol :lol And fully understanding it is cruel to say... but either this person is an idiot or the worst scam artist in the history of scam artists.

Zero feedback and about $149,000.00 overpriced :lol

:lol:lol I wouldn't buy $1 socks off someone with no feedback never mind spending enough to buy a top of the range sports car on a small collection:rotfl

Quote:
I know this collection is no where near worth what I am asking for but I want to reward my husband for all his hard work, sacrifices and dedication.

I don't understand, how is she rewarding her husband if someone else is paying?? :dunno

There is nothing on that collection that indicates that its worth that much... and if i had that much money on hand I would buy a new house...

Back